Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6200|Reno, NV
Are all the complainers here playing on servers that make clays and mines dangerous to friendlies as well as foes?

Jameseyy I love you!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Weh-Weh (2007-06-06 15:26:48)

T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6284|Pennsyltucky

Ssandstorm wrote:

wachtler83 wrote:

Sniper Rifles      94:18:34      4,081      5,608      0.7277sands  stats

Sniper Rifles      02:36:40      157      82      1.9146Jamesey stats

i like jamesey sniper stats, better atleast he can shoot the rifle
plus you got what 800 hrs more experience in this game
After this quote I decided to go sniping the traditional way to see how "hard" it really is.

Kills and deaths after my 2 hour experiment- 4191 kills 5652 deaths

Before                                                        4081 kills 5608 deaths

Equals                                                          110 kills     44 deaths (at a ratio of exactly 2.5 with the sniper rifle)

For the last time, sniping is easy. Claymore whores naturally have a lower kdr with the sniper rifle. It's just the way it works. Now moving on, I will be adding to the guide will other peoples suggestions once the thread dies down a little. Thanks to those who have offered up suggestions.
OK the title of the thread is "  Ssandstorms Definative Guide to Claymore Spamming "

I read the thread just to check it out.  I had no intention of learning how to claymore spam.  After 500 hours I think I could've figured it out myself.  Yet look at my stats.  Act like you don't see my sucky KDR but look at Sniper time & Claymore kills.  I choose not to spam claymores and I think most quality players are the same.  I don't even have Veteran Explosive because I don't WANT that many claymore kills IAR.  Besides most of my sniper time comes from when I'm Commanding and just laying somewhere safe, protected by Claymores. (Although this does lead to the occasional TK).

SSandstorms I give you credit for the work you put into it and the way you've defended your position.

We're just two differnt kinds of players.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

T.Pike wrote:

Ssandstorm wrote:

wachtler83 wrote:

Sniper Rifles      94:18:34      4,081      5,608      0.7277sands  stats

Sniper Rifles      02:36:40      157      82      1.9146Jamesey stats

i like jamesey sniper stats, better atleast he can shoot the rifle
plus you got what 800 hrs more experience in this game
After this quote I decided to go sniping the traditional way to see how "hard" it really is.

Kills and deaths after my 2 hour experiment- 4191 kills 5652 deaths

Before                                                        4081 kills 5608 deaths

Equals                                                          110 kills     44 deaths (at a ratio of exactly 2.5 with the sniper rifle)

For the last time, sniping is easy. Claymore whores naturally have a lower kdr with the sniper rifle. It's just the way it works. Now moving on, I will be adding to the guide will other peoples suggestions once the thread dies down a little. Thanks to those who have offered up suggestions.
OK the title of the thread is "  Ssandstorms Definative Guide to Claymore Spamming "

I read the thread just to check it out.  I had no intention of learning how to claymore spam.  After 500 hours I think I could've figured it out myself.  Yet look at my stats.  Act like you don't see my sucky KDR but look at Sniper time & Claymore kills.  I choose not to spam claymores and I think most quality players are the same.  I don't even have Veteran Explosive because I don't WANT that many claymore kills IAR.  Besides most of my sniper time comes from when I'm Commanding and just laying somewhere safe, protected by Claymores. (Although this does lead to the occasional TK).

SSandstorms I give you credit for the work you put into it and the way you've defended your position.

We're just two differnt kinds of players.
Hooray for calm, logical reasoning, and tolerance over a game! Take a leaf out of his book people.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!
Hooray for calm, logical reasoning, and tolerance over a game! Take a leaf out of his book people.
Pfft. I'll bet 50p Ssandstorm paid him to post that.
Flaming_Maniac

Jameseyy wrote:

He hasn't even gotten karma from Sand. Could I get that in USD?
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6284|Pennsyltucky

Jameseyy wrote:

You owe me 50p.

You can find me daily playing on A-2-G.  Claymore spamming will get someone Banned there.  It's clearly posted.

/end derail
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6181

Jameseyy wrote:

You read a huge guide on claymore spamming??? but Its funny that you cant take 2 minutes to read my post and I will post and write the way i wish....Obviously your brain is not capable of anything but closed thoughts and if you think what you do (medic whoring) is any better than people who use claymore than you are a sad person. In fact, i would say that medic whoring can be a liability in a lot of ways because of how this game scores tickets. Sorry, you couldn't read a sincere post but that is what a child does when he doesn't hear what he wants....plug your ears, close your eyes and say...nanananananana....i cant hear you...nanananna. Good lord!
Firstly. I didn't read the guide on claymore spamming. I skimmed over it a bit slightly, but it was full of shite anyways.

Write however you wish, but putting "..." instead of separating your text into paragraphs makes it unreadable. You might want to sort that out if you plan on writing BIG FUCKING CHUNKS OF ILLEGIBLE TEXT.

Post in proper easy to read English and I might take your post apart and point out how you're wrong.
My lord...i write one post that didn't look that big on my screen and that is all you focus on. I'm relatively new here and my desktop screen is at a high resolution so when i type in the message box...it doesn't look that big. Should i go back and edit for you? No...ill just post. Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my English....all you see is a paragraph and then you don't read. DO NOT judge my use of English if you haven't actually read my post. The only thing wrong was that it was one big block...So what! But to the people who pointed that out to me in mature manner...thanks. I live and learn.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

How do I know you're not in on it?
Flaming_Maniac

Jameseyy wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

Want screenshots?
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Want screenshots?
PHOTOSHOPS?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Want screenshots?
screenshots could be photoshopped. I say you give us your account details....
DSRTurtle
+56|6687

']['error wrote:

damn claymore spammers... like there aren't enough of them out there, you just infected some more fool with the idea that claymorespamming is "skilled" and "cool"....

you're a tool, you really are...
It's no worse than the nade spammers.  Everyone but AT has nades and all they do is throw them like they are going out of style.  Atleast with the Nade Laucher and Claymores have a much more limited rate of use.
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6200|Reno, NV
So you guys are talking about claymores that kill friendlies right? I usually play squad leader as a sniper and if I can't play squad leader I'll play a more offensive kit like engineer or more defensive such as support. OMFG people who play squad leader should really get a clue and seek out on how to better their kit use and leadership skills.
  I'd also like to mention wtf makes a sniper a claywhore? Personally, as soon as you spawn you should know or at least have a basic idea where the enemy will be attacking and know where to place a couple good clays. Whenever I play mashtuur my claymores whisper sweet nothings in my ear telling me how they are gonna do me so good...waiting for them to give me the winning lottery numbers

Last edited by Weh-Weh (2007-06-06 16:01:38)

The_Engrish_Patient
+0|6172

Hurlin wrote:

The_Engrish_Patient wrote:

I haven't played this game for long but IMO IO servers are far better for claymores.  Just because you have more targets as well as better mobility.  You don't have people in vehicles so it's easier to lay traps and by default, more targets, plus you can run more freely not being hampered by choppers and tanks.  And FF off is obvious. Less problems and more options even with teammates around.

I think claymoring is just a lot of situational awareness and knowing the map.  The Ron Popeil method of set it and forget it will only get you one or two kills.  To me, that's no different than nade spamming if that's the only way to get your clay kills.  The bulk of my claymore carnage, like getting multi kills with one clay, is usually a lot of active claymoring. (i.e. seeing and hearing targets and laying them accordingly.)  At least that's how I got my explosive badge.

IMO, IO, FF off, know the map, and pick up other kits and resupply (remember other snipers might have more clays. :S) and you'll go far.
I think Vehicle maps are better for claywhoring.

A map such as Karkand with tank whores  funnel players into area's suited best for claywhoring.

And snipers who cant use all their equipment and wont pick up dropped kits when out of ammo is not a team player, just like medics who don't revive or resupply guys that don't drop ammo bags.
I mainly play on 64 player servers and I find that with enough players, you still get similar types of funneling.  Like for example on Karkand, people don't go down the main road even on IO.  So that fence area on the left US spawn and the hotel area is just mint for clays.
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6514

Jameseyy wrote:

Who's gonna follow a guide from someone with fucking horrible stats?
lol u r a master sergeant, hes a coloner   he>u
Alpha.350
+19|6577
well, you see ssandstorm, compared to all the others around here, i find your guide very helpfull and if anyone complains about claymore whore fuckers, then they just have not to play this game.

good job againn

alpha
Ssandstorm
+73|6736|Perth, Western Australia

Jameseyy wrote:

You don't even have 50p.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
I wouldn't take advice from someone with a >1 win ratio. If your very presence on the team makes them lose more than average, you're doing something wrong. Very wrong.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Skruples wrote:

I wouldn't take advice from someone with a >1 win ratio. If your very presence on the team makes them lose more than average, you're doing something wrong. Very wrong.
Sniping?

Tankers and assault teams of infantry change the course of the fight.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6596|Las Vegas, NV USA
Huh...

Well...

To each their own...

HAPPY CLAYMORING!!!
golgoj4
+51|6776|North Hollywood

Ssandstorm wrote:

>>SUPR3MACY<< wrote:

Ssandstorm your next guide should be: spawnkilling. And then you will be the guy with the most retarded threads. If u play sniper, play it with a sniper rifle, pistol and nades if u wish but dont whore with clays. Cos of people like you, bf2 popularity has gone down for 15%. And the fact that you are beeing proud on your 10.000 clay kills makes you an idiot.
Never before has a post failed as much as this one.
i think your original post qualifies as failing too. no you can form a club!
Ssandstorm
Considering all the people who have commented on how good this guide is or have thanked me for helping them go for their expert explosives badge, I would think that this guide has been a great success. Some people are just too stubborn to admit that.
Sgt.Abyss
+2|6783

Ssandstorm wrote:

Considering all the people who have commented on how good this guide is or have thanked me for helping them go for their expert explosives badge, I would think that this guide has been a great success. Some people are just too stubborn to admit that.
Those people just don't have common sense, seriously.
senor_fulff
+25|6761|Yorkshire, UK.
i have to say summat...

Ssandstorm -  a KDR of under 3 for claymores makes your guide redundant... advice from a guy who while having 10k+ kills has over 4k+ deaths while using claymore is a little null & void. If you, using your great "tips", can't get a higher KDR with clays, how the hell do you fiure that this is a good "guide"?
Ssandstorm

senor_fulff wrote:

i have to say summat...

Ssandstorm -  a KDR of under 3 for claymores makes your guide redundant... advice from a guy who while having 10k+ kills has over 4k+ deaths while using claymore is a little null & void. If you, using your great "tips", can't get a higher KDR with clays, how the hell do you fiure that this is a good "guide"?
Stats make a guide null and void? I don't think so Tim.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard