stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

I just spent the last 5 hours of my life finishing up on a project for my photo class that is due tomorrow. I tried to copy it to a disc, but the tray wouldn't open. I restarted the computer, only to have it blue screen the instant it logs on to XP, and restart itself.  Nothing is fucking working. I tried removing the CMOS battery to reset, I left it sitting for 30 minutes, I checked the plugs and everything. Even fucking safe mode doesn't work. I'm fucked, unless someone can suggest a data recovery that doesn't involve getting a new computer?
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6468|the guy in the hind on gator
hmm, i know somone that gets a blue screen of death as soon as he turns on his comp and then restart like yours, maybe a virus is sreading..
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6718
Step:
1. Take comp. tower to local comp. store.  Bring screwdriver

2. Pull out a screwdriver and begin to scream like a madman about how you are going to rip the harddrive out because you cannot open the file you need to get to

3. Watch as every employee within a two mile radius comes flocking to your aid and attempt to make you put down the screwdriver.

4. When they're dome, walk out without paying.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2007-05-29 18:35:11)

Deadmonkiefart
+177|6718
Works every time.
Mr.Dude2
+13|6336| Bay Area Calif. USA
Im not going to post some smart azz remark...I just you get it fixed in time good luck.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

Two things wrong with that statement.

A. PC Club is closed now
B. My car is minus an engine.

Two things that hinter my efforts
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
whers the engine, and what kind of car you got
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

whers the engine, and what kind of car you got
Engine is in my garage, getting re-bored, and its a '74 Charger

/random?
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6718

stryyker wrote:

Two things wrong with that statement.

A. PC Club is closed now
B. My car is minus an engine.

Two things that hinter my efforts
Then replace "computer store" with "anywhere where there is a large gathering of computer gurus".
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
something like that
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6763|Chicago.
What is the error on the BSOD? That can be crucial here.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

Fuck if i know. All i know is that I restarted it to get the disk to open, and i never saw my desktop again.
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

get a mac
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6763|Chicago.
The BSOD should have told you what driver has failed. Otherwise help is quite difficult.

Or there would be some error like x000000000(some random number here)

That is something I can work with too. It lets me know what is going on.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

thus far there are no error messages.

Ill walk you through what happens.

The computer restarts, DFi logo pops up.
It goes through the BIOS check and main load up screen

It then prompts that "Windows did not shut down properly" with the options of safemode, etc.
Every time i click one of those options (safe mode, safe mode w/ networking, continue normally)
it goes to the windows loading screen, flashes the blue screen for a 1/5 of a second, then restarts again
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6763|Chicago.
Well hell, that could be anything. Let me look for symptoms like those.
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

Why not download knoppix and upload your file somewhere else. All you need to do is download it, burn it. It will find your drive, then upload somewhere on the net.

http://www.knoppix.org/
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6763|Chicago.
Are you able to boot with "last known good configuration"?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

jsnipy wrote:

Why not download knoppix and upload your file somewhere else. All you need to do is download it, burn it. It will find your drive, then upload somewhere on the net.

cant get files from a computer that doesnt start up

same thing happens, flash BSOD, then restart
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6457|EE Chat
Sounds like what happened to me a few weeks ago, i tried everything you did, then i turned of my power to the whole house and unpluged the computer.....that worked for me.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)
Stryker - as you clearly have access to another computer - is it one that will accept the type of HDD you have in the broken one ?

If so, I'd reccommend taking the HDD out of the broken one, connect it up to the working one and copy the files off.
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

stryyker wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

yeah will this boots up off the cd .. you hardrive could be on fire it it will boot.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-29 18:58:38)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6451|King Of The Islands

Should have used a paperclip. Don't you know restarting doesn't do anything, its just a joke us Techies play on noobs.

Okay, if you have XP Service Pack 2, one of those options is Disable Automatic Restart.

Choose that one and tell us the 0x00000000 code and THIS_COMPUTER_IS_FUCKED_BECAUSE_ITS_DUMB error.

You're only option is probably a Repair install.

jsnipy wrote:

stryyker wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

yeah will this boots up off the cd .. you hardrive could be on fire it it will boot.
If his harddrive is in NTFS (most likely), he should get Bart-PE.

Mind you Knoppix is fffffucking fantastic for old buckets.

Last edited by Cheez (2007-05-29 19:00:29)

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

Cheez wrote:

Should have used a paperclip. Don't you know restarting doesn't do anything, its just a joke us Techies play on noobs.

Okay, if you have XP Service Pack 2, one of those options is Disable Automatic Restart.

Choose that one and tell us the 0x00000000 code and THIS_COMPUTER_IS_FUCKED_BECAUSE_ITS_DUMB error.

You're only option is probably a Repair install.

jsnipy wrote:

stryyker wrote:

If his harddrive is in NTFS (most likely), he should get Bart-PE.

Mind you Knoppix is fffffucking fantastic for old buckets.
knoppix can read ntfs ... I like bart as well .. but he would have to build it. knoppix he can just download and use ... enough to rescue his work.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-29 19:03:30)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6763|Chicago.
I think it may be a hardware error. Probably your burner (if thats what failed, seeing as how you were trying to copy it to a disc.) Is there a way he can reset it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard