sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6591
if you were to give an average of the kill/death ratio of EVERYONE who plays BF2, what do you think it would be?
R0lyP0ly
+161|6653|USA
bit more than 1
simmy.uk
+117|6437
More than 1 definitly. Between 1 and 1.5. Prob about 1.2 or something.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
just over one, of course. without revives it would be just under one as people could die without others getting kills. however, thanks to revives, people can get kills without others getting a counted death so the overall ratio would be a little over 1
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6296|Bloomington Indiana
somewhere around 1.5+
mines 1.74 but i notice alot of players with 2. something or 3. something, so i think itll raise the average just a bit
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6563|I'm a Viking....Norway

SargeV1.4 wrote:

just over one, of course. without revives it would be just under one as people could die without others getting kills. however, thanks to revives, people can get kills without others getting a counted death so the overall ratio would be a little over 1
wtf?? a kill is a kill.... doesn't matter if the guy you killed gets revived or not......
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Ki][mE wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

wtf?? a kill is a kill.... doesn't matter if the guy you killed gets revived or not......
But then there's fewer deaths. Revives take away deaths.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
JT_001
+17|6420|Canada
I disagree..... probably about 0.6
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6706
Nobody ever revives me.
The last time I got revived was over a week ago.  I'm wondering if it is a bug or something.
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6737|IL
When I get revived I show no death but the bastard who pwnt me shows a kill so that means there is a 1-0 but if I were to not get revived it would be 1-1 so you either have to take the avg of all the players or if you took the number of kills and counted them individually you then count the deaths you may get something completely different, because this is hurting my head I will stop here.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA
I would have to agree with everyone who is saying that it's just above 1. If revives didn't subtract from the number of deaths I'd have to say that it would be about 0.6 - 0.8 due to accidental deaths and TK's that aren't attributed to other players.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6591

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Nobody ever revives me.
The last time I got revived was over a week ago.  I'm wondering if it is a bug or something.
awww, bless!
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6511
somewhere around 12.3
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6500|Valley of the Dragons

Ki][mE wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Try reading what Sarge typed noob
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

somewhere around 12.3
That's pretty generous, even the best players don't have that sort of stuff on their stats.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6728|Honolulu, HI
Ok, here is the logic behind why the average K/D in theory should be 1.0, but isn't.

Logic tells us: For every kill scored, there is a death on the opposing team.  Hence, the average K/D for all players should be 1.  But consider:

*You fall down a cliff, trip over your own grenade, leave the combat zone, or suicide in some other way.  You die and nobody gets credited with a kill.  This lowers the average K/D slightly.
*One of your teammates mistakes you for an enemy and does you in somehow.  You die, and again, no one gets a kill out of it (except your teammate who receives a shiny teamkill).  Again, this lowers the average K/D slightly.
*You get mowed down by enemy gunfire, blasted by a claymore, run over by a Vodnik, whatever.  The enemy gets credited with a kill.  A medic on your team runs over with shock paddles.  "Clear!" You are revived but have not died.  The enemy's kill is not taken away.  Thus, the average K/D is increased significantly.
*You die at the hands of the enemy, but before your 15-second "critically wounded" window runs out, the round ends.  The enemy gets a kill off of you, but you do not die because technically you are still critically wounded, even if a medic doesn't get to you before the round is over.  Again, this increases the average K/D a bit.

Hope that clears a few things up!

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2007-05-30 02:12:15)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

SargeV1.4 wrote:

THe only reason why people fucking play Io.O
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6489|Gogledd Cymru

SargeV1.4 wrote:

thanks to kidnapping more like
Oronisi
+4|6444

brickZ28 wrote:

When I get revived I show no death but the bastard who pwnt me shows a kill so that means there is a 1-0 but if I were to not get revived it would be 1-1 so you either have to take the avg of all the players or if you took the number of kills and counted them individually you then count the deaths you may get something completely different, because this is hurting my head I will stop here.
But you also have TK's, which count as 1 death and 0 kills globally.  And also suicides and deaths from falling like a chump, which also count as 1 death and 0 kills.

I would say overall, TKs and suicides have to be close to revives, so I'ma go with globally throughout BF2.....

1-1 or 1.1 - 1
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

median is roughly 0.8440

(http://bf2s.com/rankings/kdr/3008)

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-05-30 08:44:53)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
  • New Zealand: 1.40
  • Finland: 1.37
  • Australia: 1.28
  • Germany: 1.25
  • Sweden: 1.24
  • Norway: 1.24
  • Netherlands: 1.23
  • Denmark: 1.21
  • Canada: 1.21
  • USA: 1.20
  • France: 1.20
  • Italy: 1.19
  • Belgium: 1.18
  • UK: 1.15

Source: http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_worldmap.php? … trytoplist

Note: Remember that this just another stats site and does not have every player in each country. So the data is not entirely accurate. But I would say about 1.20 - 1.25 would be a global KDR.
Profitteroles
+11|6238|Dartford
over 300,000 accounts and only the top 100,000 have a KDR of over 1 and only the top 10k have KDR of over 2 so i would say the average is about 0.7-0.9

Last edited by Profitteroles (2007-05-30 09:02:21)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

DrunkFace wrote:

• New Zealand: 1.40
  • Finland: 1.37
  • Australia: 1.28
  • Germany: 1.25
  • Sweden: 1.24
  • Norway: 1.24
  • Netherlands: 1.23
  • Denmark: 1.21
  • Canada: 1.21
  • USA: 1.20
  • France: 1.20
  • Italy: 1.19
  • Belgium: 1.18
  • UK: 1.15

Source: http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_worldmap.php? … trytoplist

Note: Remember that this just another stats site and does not have every player in each country. So the data is not entirely accurate. But I would say about 1.20 - 1.25 would be a global KDR.
See? Finland Owns.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6518|USA
wouldn't it be 1.0?  if it was the average of everone? remember, the kills have to be deaths somewhere, right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard