Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
Upon some hard researching...I have found out that China doesn't use the Ak-47s except in times where all other assualt rifles cannot be aquired. They tend to have the Type88 as Assualy (with the Gernade luancher), Medic, supoort and sometimes the sniper, as opposed to Aks for Assualt and Medic with the Type 88 for support and sniper.

Another thing that gets to me is that the H&K guns, (The G3-series, the MP5 and the Mp7) suck!
Accruacy wise, my toy pistol could do better than what I see the MP5 does in the game. With Power, I don't see how 3 bullets from a MP5&7 can't kill a person.
And what's with the GL-less G3 anyway? I've seen a G3 and it can have a GL there! And again with the G3, the accuracy makes one wonder if it's acutally a support gun with a magazine...

The 50cal. sniper rifles are great for sniping. But I don't see how they can't blow tear some poor troop in half with a single bullet smack in the middle of the chest.

Now I shall rant about idiots in squads:

1) I believe that a squad is to act together and not go all over a map and only use your leader as a mobile spawn point when you wish to.

2) I believe that roles should vary....there should be at least 1 of every role in a squad, perhaps with another support, engineer or medic.

3) If you think that the round thing your team's engineer just put on the road is a cookie, then go ahead, drive on it.

4) And if you happen to find a sniper's claymore on the stairs or ladder, chances are that you should climb down or risk being blown into a bloody pulp

5) A medic's job is to heal you, don't run away from him.

6) A Engineer is repairing you from behind or beside you, don't rush off or reverse to squish him.

7) A squad leader should stay BACK, and act as a mobile spawn for your team-mates assualting a point.

8) If you happen to be Medic, Support or Engineer, stay back and provide covering fire (+ your repair/ammo/health packs) for your Assualt and Special Ops team-mates.

9) If you happen to TK someone by accident, say sorry, even if they're idiots who think mines are cookies and claymores are skittles on props.

10) Support does not spell Rambo, don't go charging into a base with nades and guns a blazin'. Leave that to the Special Ops or Assualt.

11) If you happen to be able to drop packs, put them out most often so that poeple won't have to run around asking for a medic/support and just follow your healing/resupplying/repairing aura.

12) All support (support, medic and engineer) should be in a vehicle, not walking, if you find your self walking, then either you're squad is on a covert mission requireing stealth or a vehicle would be too obvious of a place and would be shot to death if you get in one.

13) Roles of players in a squad:
Spec. Ops: Assualt and booby trap positions to deny enemy of equipment and/or spawn camps and/or assets.

Assault: Assualt, use smoke or flashbangs to provide cover during a assualt (ie storming a enemy building)

Support: Provide ammo, stays at rear to provide covering fire.

Engineer: Close quarter combat in emergencies, stays in a vehicle most of the times, mines or unmines roads and repairs stuff.

Medic: Heals poeple, could be part of assualt but usually at the end with other supporting roles and heals only after a firefight or other safe oppurtunity.

Anti-tank: Stays back, usually the squad leader. Only engages enemies if threatened, annoys the hell out of armoured targets with the buzzing noise.

A Sniper is a special role - not really suited for a squad, unless the sniper is spotting out enemies from afar, putting up ambushs with claymores or sitting at the back as the squad leader acting as a mobile spawn.

But squad leaders tend to be Anti-tanks.

Comments? Rants? Flames? Suggestions?
-DS-Carbon
+0|6762|New Hampshire
Good stuff Aquastorm, I find that battlefield 2/special forces is so much better when you are in a "good" squad like the one described above. One thing I would like to add is that if the medic gets killed someone should take his gear and revive him. However the person that revived him must resort to being a medic and the un-dead medic must now fill the role oh whomever revived him.
IC_Draconis
+9|6719
It's quite stupid if you're a Squad Leader and you play as sniper.

Your mates - they constantly spawn on you - give away ypiur location and although my favourite kit is the sniper, it has the less chance to survive if noticed.

I tend to play as medic if I'm the Squad Leader. This way I can revive anyone after a firefight and can heal my AT member if he's in need.

But if you have a good squad, the roles are constantly changing as if I'm getting shot to death, one of my squad member should take my kit and revive me.

A good squad needs a good leader but all the squad members must accomodate to the situation and make decision in split seconds and spawn with a kit which is required for the current situation.

Chances to find 5 other guys like this beside yourself and work together in a squad is very-very rare.
IC_Draconis
+9|6719

-DS-Carbon wrote:

Good stuff Aquastorm, I find that battlefield 2/special forces is so much better when you are in a "good" squad like the one described above. One thing I would like to add is that if the medic gets killed someone should take his gear and revive him. However the person that revived him must resort to being a medic and the un-dead medic must now fill the role oh whomever revived him.
LoL

I was typing while you posted the same:)

Damn, my english is slow...
Esker
+1|6728
Yeah good points there, unfortunately not many people do abide to all of those, I for one have a tendency to run away from Medics apparently . You don't actually realise sometimes in the heat of battle, I don't run away from them when I ask for one though, that's just retarded heh.

The point about the medic having to put up with another kit is not entirely true, you can swap kits back again if there's a dead enemy bag near by and use that to switch your kits back over.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
In response to the leader being a sniper, I was saying that it wasn't not a good choice, but still workable since in a good squad, the supporting roles would be near you and betray your location anyway. And to the medic being other roles, I left out the picking up your team's kit option, which I was reminded. (thanks) But this is where which 2 extra supporting roles would be better, since a squad might have 2 medics and one of everything else but the sniper. For example, I would want 2 engineers if it's a tank war, two medics in something urban and small like karkand and 2 support for large maps with a large area to clear with not much armour and large fields of vision.

Trading of kits is good, but you should always check what us needed most by your squad and not pick up a Engineer with a shot-gun when the rest of your squad is getting slaugtered by a sniper. In short, adapt.

Another piont:

Leaders: Tanks are cool, but you can only spawn one more in, either have your team exit to make another mobile respawn for others or get something with a larger crew, like a APC or Black Hawk.
If you happen to decide to keep the tank and make your guys walk behind you, make sure you don't run them over and make your tank as a mobile cover for the troops against small arms fire.
Simplified: Keep troops behind tank, tanks should slow down to let troops be closely behind.

Another bonus to this is that if you are a supporting role, you auto re-arm or heal them and they can keep a eye for mines and C4.

I just came back from a game and saw something great, a 64 player map, with the USMC with 1 WHOLE squad of snipers, NO commander, 1 squad of noob-tubers who can't even find the difference between friend and foe and the rest UNassigned. The MEC (me) got massive kills and they were screaming bloody murder and guess what? Our squad blew up their assets, C4ed their helos and tanks and mined them in their own base since they didn't want to risk walking. My teamate: *presss button* 2 enemy helos down, 1APC down and 2 tanks bandly damaged, causing massive swearing in the server. The whole squad of snipers were pretty much worthless, they tended to stand ontop of temples and buidlings sniping at us, we heli dropped behind them and 2 of them got difibbed, and rest of them got knifed. But alas, with me driving the helo, I could only watch in admiration as the poor snipers tried to snipe at me with their non 50cal. sniper rifles, but I managed to squish one of them with my tail roter.

SO my ranting goes on...the mightiest army of the world reduced to a squad of bolt-action rifle wielding, camoflaged hobos.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6728|Debris From Space
No. The G3 is accurate. It just takes skill.
-DS-Carbon
+0|6762|New Hampshire
Hey Aquastorm do you play on the same server a lot? I would like to be in a squad with you I think we could do some damage I should just join a clan again . . . to get the squad action going.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I'm mostly a Spec. Ops, Assault, or Medic Squad leader. I lead from the front, but don't do anything stupid. If I know that people will need me for a spawn point, I take cover, retreat or hide.
What's the deal with the squad leader being AT?

I have been a squad's Sniper on many occasions. Mostly when defending a point. I am the first to engage the enemy and spot out anything and everything that's happening, while the rest of them can arrange themselves accordingly to what we're facing. Also when attacking a point a squad's Sniper scouts out and shoots all enemy Snipers.

Aquastorm, you sound like a guy who likes the strategies and finer aspects of playing BF2. I would be in your squad any day.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
Well, since there's a time zone difference, I'll have to know where you guys are..since I'm in Hong Kong, but I mostly do battle with Aussies, North Americans and Europe, since I usually get on in the afternoon (say like 2 or 3pm) and then play till 7am the next day. SO yeh, I think I'll be seeing you guys around a bit, from the time you posted your posts....

I'm usually on a ranked server with 32-64 players. So any server will suit me.

I like clans, but I can't seem to find one and I like to use Voice during battle, but I don't have Teamspeak or Ventrilo...*ashamed*, so I'm looking for a good clan (recommendations, anyone?) So, just give me the I.P of a server and I'll be there..but only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (unless it's a holiday).
-DS-Carbon
+0|6762|New Hampshire
I am just like you Aquastorm the only time I can play now seems to be on the weekends. . . . damn busy life.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
where's New Hampshire? In the UK?
CL_Crusader
=CL=_Crusader [M95] His leg
+3|6732|Austria
I just read through the whole thread and i like what im seeing. Since I almoust never encounter an arrange squad, I would be glad if we met sometime on a server and get into a squad. Ill spot your server out when your online and then try to join.

Oh, and about your signature:
I understand it quite well. The only thing i dont get is how you can sharingan anybody else. Thought it was a technique to see other peoples movements in a better way or something. I think Rasengan or Shidori would fit better to point 3. By the way, its "NARUTO" your talking about.

Last edited by CL_Crusader (2005-12-14 20:27:24)

DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779

Aquastorm wrote:

It's a state in the U.S., next to Vermont and under Maine (the northernmost mainland state).
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China

CL_Crusader wrote:

I just read through the whole thread and i like what im seeing. Since I almoust never encounter an arrange squad, I would be glad if we met sometime on a server and get into a squad. Ill spot your server out when your online and then try to join.

Oh, and about your signature:
I understand it quite well. The only thing i dont get is how you can sharingan anybody else. Thought it was a technique to see other peoples movements in a better way or something. I think Rasengan or Shidori would fit better to point 3. By the way, its "NARUTO" your talking about.
It's Chidori, with a "C". I know I'm talking about Naruto, but Yaoi is something which I do not wish to discuss for fear of being killed. I suggest not to, but you can always go on to www.google.com and define Yaoi.

DrDestruction wrote:

Aquastorm wrote:

It's a state in the U.S., next to Vermont and under Maine (the northernmost mainland state).
Thanks, so since I'm GMT +7/8 (7 when daylight savings and 8 when no daylight since we don't do daylight savings), I guess I'll see you guys in the middle of the night battling it out. I have no idea which server to go, so I go on a random one, if anyone has a suggestion, tell me. Thanks.

I will be going online on this Friday and perhaps Saturday too. If I see you guys, I think I most possibly not remember who you are, since I can't remember a thing!

Last edited by Aquastorm (2005-12-15 01:31:03)

RedEyes-CAD
+1|6713|Arizona
The g3 line of weapons are very good if you know how to use them.  If this game was realistic all guns would kill in 1 headshot, but it is an arcade shooter.  The G3 can be very deadly if used correctly, but then again so can the grenade launchers or any other gun.  Those traits you mentioned Aquastorm are generally used in clans during matches, but not during pub playing.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
pub playing - lacks coordination

clan matchs - full of teamwork

a fully equipped and funtional squad can turn the tide of battles, but during pub playing, you sometimes see a whole squad of Assault troops noob-tubing and then screaming for a support but non of them willing to give up the noob tube to be support, eventually they died since a lone gunman shot them with a DAO while all of them cowered behing crates and boxes, TKing other Assualt players for their Gernade Luanchers....

Still going online tomorrow, any takers?
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6729|Honolulu, HI
Well, a little off topic but I couldn't help but notice the reference to "yaoi" in the thread...from what I understand, yaoi is a term referring to Japanese manga or anime targeted at young women that feature relationships between gay men.  It speaks volumes for the cultural differences between the Orient and the Occident that while stereotypical American men fantasize about lesbianism, it is Japanese women who apparently enjoy the thought of male homosexuality.  Not condemning either of these viewpoints, just making note of it.

Getting back to BF2, yeah, of course I enjoy being Assault but if I join a squad chances are I'll play a kit that works better in a supplemental, supportive role (unless the squad actually needs Assaults).  It just makes sense, but go figure, lots of BF2 players will love their favorite kit literally to death...
CL_Crusader
=CL=_Crusader [M95] His leg
+3|6732|Austria
Found nearly the same about Yaoi except that i dont think it is targetet at young women but i just happens that women are majority reading those mangas. Anyway, if Aquastorm doesn't want to discuss this theme I dont think its a good idea to start a discussion in his thread.

By the way aquastorm, since I believe your a manga/anime fan i would like to hear your oppinion about Trigun and Gungrave. IMHO Gungrave is one fine piece of anime.  A thrilling story and the thing i like the most is that you see the characters nearly their whole lifetime with all the changes in characteristics and so on.
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6729|Winnipeg, Manitoba
whats so funny about the sniper class is the jacket... thats the first kit i ever used and I stank at it but I was in the enemies spawn point and lying down if I did not move at all they did not notice me that was so fun
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China

CL_Crusader wrote:

Found nearly the same about Yaoi except that i dont think it is targetet at young women but i just happens that women are majority reading those mangas. Anyway, if Aquastorm doesn't want to discuss this theme I dont think its a good idea to start a discussion in his thread.

By the way aquastorm, since I believe your a manga/anime fan i would like to hear your oppinion about Trigun and Gungrave. IMHO Gungrave is one fine piece of anime.  A thrilling story and the thing i like the most is that you see the characters nearly their whole lifetime with all the changes in characteristics and so on.
Both are great anime, but since the local TV station doesn't show it, I'v only watch 20 or so episodes.
Also, on the piont of a YAOI discussion, I don't see any problem with it, but I fear that some poeple might find yaoi offensive or out-of-topic. Yeh, that's just my personal opinion, if anyone think's it's okay, I'm more than happy to chat on that topic. ^-^

P.S: The sniper "jacket" is called a "ghile suit".
{504th}T/4.Stryker
I think they should make the guns more realistic and I know that would drop alot of peoples scores...

PS: Yaoi is gross isn't that guy on guy or was it girl on girl whatever that weird japanese anime stuff makes me sick sometimes... and they put it on during prime time television too!

Last edited by {504th}T/4.Stryker (2005-12-15 08:30:49)

Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6714|Hong Kong, China
1) That is the piont of not discussing things as they offend poeple, {504th}T/4.Stryker  is a example of someone not liking yaoi. No offense to {504th}T/4.Stryker , just a exmaple.

2) EA and DICE know that they have to accoount for Lag and stuff, since if you poke your head around, you will actually see a claymore before going in front of it, you can also bury minds..etc. So they downgradeed the guns to account for other "non-realistic" things.

Last edited by Aquastorm (2005-12-15 09:30:30)

{504th}T/4.Stryker
well if yaio is guy on guy, then it's gross if it's girl on girl then I need to start downloading some shows and stuff eh?
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6744|Vienna- Austria
if the squad leader has to stay back. the medic the support and the engineer also.. who fights O.o?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard