sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina
If not I don't understand why so many of you complain about him.

How history will judge Bill Clinton

The largest budget surplus in history, the lowest unemployment rate in more than 40 years, the fastest growth in real wages for more than two decades, and the biggest drop in welfare rolls seen during any administration.  That he has presided over the longest economic expansion in US history is undeniable. The US entered its 107th consecutive month of growth last February.  Mr Clinton can also point to the fact that while he inherited the biggest federal budget deficit in history, it now shows the largest surplus ever.
Bill Clinton's economic legacy

President Bill Clinton will leave office with the longest boom in US history.  Mr Clinton also leaves the legacy of a huge and growing budget surplus. 
During the eight years of the presidency, the economy expanded by 50% in real terms, and by the end of his tenure the US had a gross national product of $10,000bn - one quarter of the entire world economic output. The booming US economy has brought economic benefits right across the income spectrum.  The unemployment rate has dropped by half, to 4%, a 40-year-low, while the economy has created some 15 million jobs.  Mr Clinton did manage to preserve spending on certain key programmes, most notably the huge and popular entitlement programmes for the elderly, Social Security and Medicare.
Clinton's international record

Outgoing President Clinton has been making a last-minute effort against the odds to secure an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement.  But apart from that, the foreign policy legacy of his eight years in office has already been drawn up.  Many people credit Mr Clinton with a key role in helping bring about a Northern Ireland peace agreement.  The Irish News commented that with his departure, someone rather exceptional was riding off into the sunset.  He's certainly that. Besides charisma and an actor's sensitivity to his audience, Bill Clinton has sharp intelligence and quick-wittedness.  He has immersed himself in every detail of policy and international negotiations. Certainly, Mr Clinton took a very long time to make up his mind about intervention in the Bosnian war before the United States finally acted decisively in 1995.  Since then, he has developed with others the doctrine of humanitarian intervention to prevent ethnic cleansing and the slaughter of innocent people.
And he also had a blow job.  What else can you ask from him?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-24 16:59:58)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

A saxophone serenade
ZeRoLiFe
+7|6473|Maryland
lawl politics
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6243
If I got a blow job from a fat chick, I wouldn't tell anyone.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6641|132 and Bush

Serge why didn't you post this in the other Bill Clinton thread?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6243

Kmarion wrote:

Hey, back off. Redundancy is fun.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6637|Seattle

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

He didn''t! That dumb broad narked him off!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6243

King_County_Downy wrote:

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

I know, I'm just saying I wouldn't tell anyone.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6697|California
Other than maybe Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson....

Most Presidents have dirty laundry...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6702|USA

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Jefferson humped that slave chick in the outhouse.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6698|Australia
I wish Clinton was PM...beats the crap we have to choose between. GO CLINTON!
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6453|da ville, va

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

Why do you think he lied at first?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hey, back off. Redundancy is fun.
Who asked you anyway?  Go back to the junk or get lost.
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6243

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Jefferson humped that slave chick in the outhouse.

Way to put it bluntly...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

Because the other thread was "Clinton (the male). What was so bad about him again?" and this is about his legacy, what he did as a president.

Besides, if we can have a lot of "I hate Bush threads", why can't we have 2 "I love Clinton" threads?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-24 17:53:43)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6330|Éire
And guess what ...when he visited Ireland they didn't have to lock down an entire village to prevent assassination attempts. Or fill an Irish bar full of Secret Service officers so he could go in for a traditional Irish pint. Or seal up every manhole on every street and adjacent street that his car travelled on to prevent attacks.

When Clinton came back for a book signing in Dublin recently he was once again met by thousands of eager fans and admirers.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6641|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Because the other thread was "Clinton (the male). What was so bad about him again?" and this is about his legacy, what he did as a president.

Besides, if we can have a lot of "I hate Bush threads", why can't we have 2 "I love Clinton" threads?
Same difference, both threads are discussing his time in office. But since you actually supplied content in your OP I left this one open.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6569|Global Command

King_County_Downy wrote:

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

lolz, and she saved the semen stained dress. What a dipshit the guy was.

My main beef with the clintons is with the Waco disaster, the selling of military secrets to China, the " I didn't inhale so I sure as fuck can't legalize it ",  and the downsizing of the military.

The surplus that you so eloquently credit clinton for was the result of the gutting of the military and intelligence budgets. His administrations demand that no person with criminal convictions be on the C.I.A.'s payroll as informants is what is mainly blamed for our lack of people on the ground in the ME giving of good intel prior to 9-11.

In all fairness, the republicans were harping about withdraw from Bosnia and Somalia just like the asshole democrats are now harping about it with Iraq.

The thought of hillary clinton being president terrifies me. I really believe she would be a disaster.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina

ATG wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

My main beef with the clintons is with the Waco disaster, the selling of military secrets to China, the " I didn't inhale so I sure as fuck can't legalize it ",  and the downsizing of the military.

The surplus that you so eloquently credit clinton for was the result of the gutting of the military and intelligence budgets. His administrations demand that no person with criminal convictions be on the C.I.A.'s payroll as informants is what is mainly blamed for our lack of people on the ground in the ME giving of good intel prior to 9-11.

In all fairness, the republicans were harping about withdraw from Bosnia and Somalia just like the asshole democrats are now harping about it with Iraq.

The thought of hillary clinton being president terrifies me. I really believe she would be a disaster.
This is about Bill Clinton, not Hillary.  He was a great president, but she is a bitch and I hope Obama gets elected.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6330|Éire

sergeriver wrote:

ATG wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

This is about Bill Clinton, not Hillary.  He was a great president, but she is a bitch and I hope Obama gets elected.
Waco was atrocious.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6685|Camoran's Paradise
Yay for Arkansas.  He was a good governor and even better president.

What's the big deal about Waco?  Clinton didn't directly have anything to do with that.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-05-24 18:12:13)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6641|132 and Bush

Ganko_06 wrote:

What's the big deal about Waco?  Clinton didn't directly have anything to do with that.
Kinda like Bush didn't have anything directly to do with Katrina?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6569|Global Command

Ganko_06 wrote:

derrrrrrrr okay.
Go sit in the corner with a dunce cap.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6754|US
Yay for military cuts! To be fair, G.H.W. Bush started downsizing the military, but Clinton didn't exactly reverse the trend.  So much for the 2 war policy!  I really think that has come back and bit us pretty well.

Economically, Clinton did pretty well...the tech bubble is a blemish depending on where you place blame.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6812|PNW

evilcartman99 wrote:

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

Why do you think he lied at first?
Put yourself in his shoes. Hillary looking over your shoulder with those cold, bottomless orbs she calls eyes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard