IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6802|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
VicktorVauhn
+319|6451|Southern California
99.6% done!
it only took an hour and a half woot!

to bad I doubt anyone is on, but Ill be at it tomorrow!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6627|NYC / Hamburg

yay for torrents. too bad my uni now adopted a "no-piracy" policy which fucks up the conncetivity. Still getting a nice 300down/600up though
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6802|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
I was rattling along at 291 Kbs but it's collapsed to half that now
max
Vela Incident

mines down to 200 now too. Uploading at over 800 though. That should help spreading the files

EDIT: zomg, broke the magic 1MB/s upload

https://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7946/untitledpg2.png

Last edited by max (2007-05-22 04:49:07)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
zeidmaan
+234|6474|Vienna

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

In case you are interested here is a link to PR forums about the Open Beta.
http://realitymod.com/forum/f114-open-beta-testing.html

You can post bugs, errors, glitches etc.

EDIT: +1 for Max who is the maaaaan

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-22 04:53:09)

max
Vela Incident

zeidmaan wrote:

hey, are you using chello as your ISP? Cause I'm currently uploading with 200 to an Austrian peer

chello062178075193.26.11.tuwien.teleweb.at:41642

Last edited by max (2007-05-22 04:57:11)

zeidmaan
+234|6474|Vienna

max wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

hey, are you using chello as your ISP? Cause I'm currently uploading with 200 to an Austrian peer

chello062178075193.26.11.tuwien.teleweb.at:41642
Yep thats my ISP and my proxy (Technical University) but its some other geek

Edit: Ah shit now that I saw the IP it is ME !!!!!!!

Its just that I looked at my torrent client and there was only one swiss dude uploading to me good speeds, and I thought you were a yank for some reason
My humble apologies

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-22 05:11:25)

VicktorVauhn

IG-Calibre wrote:

I was rattling along at 291 Kbs but it's collapsed to half that now
I had 600 for a while!

The view distance is nice. Though it makes thinks harder....random fire from much further away...
They now have attack and defend mini map icons too!

I think this is gonna be good.
max
Vela Incident

zeidmaan wrote:

Yep thats my ISP and my proxy (Technical University) but its some other geek

Edit: Ah shit now that I saw the IP it is ME !!!!!!!

Its just that I looked at my torrent client and there was only one swiss dude uploading to me good speeds, and I thought you were a yank for some reason
My humble apologies
yay, uni internet FTW!!! So much for their efforts to stop torrent usage. Although a german dude from max plank institut is stealing your bandwith right now (500 up). I'll seed at those speeds at least until 4 PM (GMT+1), probabely until 6pm though

wow, just pushed into 1.4MB/s up terrai

EDIT: yay finished. seeding speeds @ 1.8 currently, although its still climbing

Last edited by max (2007-05-22 05:24:55)

Zodiaccup
+42|6606
*handsstartshaking*

Downloading NOW.
zeidmaan
+234|6474|Vienna

Damn Max out of 1.3 GB, I got 1 GB from you

I am going to spoil you with karma
max
Vela Incident

zeidmaan wrote:

Damn Max out of 1.3 GB, I got 1 GB from you

I am going to spoil you with karma
yayz, remember that my threshold for karma spoiling is very high

if you guys get a crazy fast seeder from switzerland, thats probably me
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6687|UK
Bugger, I hate my internet connection. I guess I'll do it overnight.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6687|UK
So, 2 weeks until the real thing..

[R-DEV]eggman wrote:

hopefully OB <10 days, release ~ 14 days after that.
tupla_s
+455|6652|Finland

liquidat0r wrote:

Bugger, I hate my internet connection.
So do I I get this same thing with every p2p program.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/ … ssucks.png
https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/tupla_s/thissucks.png

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-05-22 07:06:43)

[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6593|Cardiff
wtf its 1.34g big lol?? im guessing the final patch is gonna be incremental, or it better be coz im gonna have to start deleting stuff soon otherwise

lol been downloading for a minute and ive gotten errors from about 1/3 of the peers.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6907|"Frisco"

Serious. They'd better have a patcher for this beta to full release so the poor beta'boys don't have to download 1.4gb again!

/me downloads.
max
Vela Incident

chuyskywalker wrote:

Serious. They'd better have a patcher for this beta to full release so the poor beta'boys don't have to download 1.4gb again!

/me downloads.
meh, 1.4 gigs is not so much. With a decent torrent its down in like 2h if you dl @ roughly 200KB/s.

EDIT: Uni is finished so I'll stop seeding now.
*leaves with a nice 12.3 ratio*
actually 12.4 atm of quitting

https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5418/untitledzo8.png

Last edited by max (2007-05-22 08:43:36)

zeidmaan
+234|6474|Vienna

[THE] comben wrote:

wtf its 1.34g big lol?? im guessing the final patch is gonna be incremental, or it better be coz im gonna have to start deleting stuff soon otherwise

lol been downloading for a minute and ive gotten errors from about 1/3 of the peers.
Hash checks fail all the time, but it shouldnt be 1/3
Maybe you are getting bad date from the same user, that can happen. To prevent this most torrent programs have the option to block users that send you bad data.

Anyway tried it on local server and its wicked. I tested the 17km map and its amazing but for some reason I have the feeling that its going to be decided by air power. But we will see tonight

Scoped G3 is "The Shit", but M16A2 has been improved too I believe, at least I had that feeling. Less recoil and more centered 3 shoot burst.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6593|Cardiff

zeidmaan wrote:

[THE] comben wrote:

Hash checks fail all the time, but it shouldnt be 1/3
Maybe you are getting bad date from the same user, that can happen. To prevent this most torrent programs have the option to block users that send you bad data.

Anyway tried it on local server and its wicked. I tested the 17km map and its amazing but for some reason I have the feeling that its going to be decided by air power. But we will see tonight

Scoped G3 is "The Shit", but M16A2 has been improved too I believe, at least I had that feeling. Less recoil and more centered 3 shoot burst.
aye i block bad error peers anyway usually.  im glad the m-16s feel a bit better as i've always felt they were a bit poo compared to most of the other assualt rifles because of the kick personally.  and i cant wait for the scoped g3 tbh.  im gonna play some FM07 so i dont spend the next half hour watching bitcomet d/l'ing it lol :S
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6593|Cardiff
there are only 2 servers up atm lol. both of which are giving me a ping of 100 plus :S.  (uk here)  fingers crossed there should be a few more by the end of tonight .
VicktorVauhn

[THE] comben wrote:

They probably wont...

I think they did incremental for .4, but haven't since....IIRC even DICE didn't offer an incremental for the last patch? They usually cause more problems then they are worth.

Not only that I would expect the actual release to be larger, as .4 and .5 were both closer to the 1.7gig....I think they may have left some stuff out (possibly some maps) to keep the file size down..

Seriously though, it took 1 hour and 23 minutes for me...Just start it before bed, internet is fast now aways its not like you have to d/l it over dialup.

[THE] comben wrote:

there are only 2 servers up atm lol. both of which are giving me a ping of 100 plus :S.  (uk here)  fingers crossed there should be a few more by the end of tonight .
Did you try anyways? For some reason PR handles high ping MUCH better, and Ive played on servers with just over 200 ping with out problems...

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-05-22 13:57:23)

[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6593|Cardiff

VicktorVauhn wrote:

[THE] comben wrote:

They probably wont...

I think they did incremental for .4, but haven't since....IIRC even DICE didn't offer an incremental for the last patch? They usually cause more problems then they are worth.

Not only that I would expect the actual release to be larger, as .4 and .5 were both closer to the 1.7gig....I think they may have left some stuff out (possibly some maps) to keep the file size down..

Seriously though, it took 1 hour and 23 minutes for me...Just start it before bed, internet is fast now aways its not like you have to d/l it over dialup.

[THE] comben wrote:

Did you try anyways? For some reason PR handles high ping MUCH better, and Ive played on servers with just over 200 ping with out problems...
wasnt the d/l time i was worried about lol. my hdd is full and i cant find anything i want to delete lol.  got enuff space ..just.  igi have a server up atm tho so i got at least one server with a decent ping. 

however i cant play assault on mestia coz i ctd everytime i try to join.

edit: mestia is a known bug, if u have your grafics on low u cant play it atm.

Last edited by [THE] comben (2007-05-23 04:25:21)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6520
Started downloading earlier and its 23% done.. gonna finish while I sleep, cant wait!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard