sgt.fftl
+0|6805|Houston, Texas
how do yall compare cs to bf2 i personally think in someways its better because its more action fast but you dont respawn...what do yall think about counter strike...in my opinion i like it better
cablecopulate
+449|6735|Massachusetts.
What's Counter Strike?
Chao2
+8|6712|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Counter Strikes an online tactical fps. One of the most popular in he world i'm suprised you dont know of it.

Anyway it's my fave online game ever, though i've only played BF2 demo so far
Mr_Spork
+2|6738
CS? It's hax0r heaven.
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6770
I love em both, but for their different properties.

CS is purely aiming and reaction time as far as combat, and the weapons react much more lke real weapons

BF2 i love for the weapon and vehicle diversity, it's fun to be a part of a full scale theatre battle, stratagies are totally different and game play is totally different, much more relaxed and fun imo

I love em both, just depends on what Im lookin for that day
TigrisJK
+3|6723
I used to be a hardcore CSer, but I haven't played in a long time. It makes me upset now that I'm older and slower that I can't pull off more than a 2:1 kill ratio in CS... but like people say, it's a lot faster than BF2, and there's no real complex objective in CS, whereas BF2 is a whole different brand of strategy.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA
Cheater-Strike used to be my favorite.  BF2 is better in so many ways.  The respawn factor wasn't cool to me at first because I didn't think it put a value on getting killed.  However, I rationalized it to myself like this - BF2 is more a small scale war.  In that I mean we wouldn't have just 16 guys or 32 guys on a bigger map.  There would be hundreds if not thousands of people in this war.  So I figure I assume a guys role until he gets killed, then i have to assume a different guys role, and so on and so forth until either we win that war or lose it.  CS is more like a small band guys trying to fulfill 1 small objective so a respawn isnt needed since the games can be completed so quickly.
Ptfo
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6759|Internet!
CounterStrike is where the leet kids go to pwn n00bs.

That being said, redfoxster pretty much sums it up. CS is reaction and the headshot, BF2 is tactics and teamwork.

I like BF2 more, because usually 15 seconds is shorter than "until the end of the round".
Chao2
+8|6712|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Heh i hate getting killed bya sniper almost straight awaya nd waiting 2 minutes plus fora  respawn
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6752

Hmm...should this really go in this section? How about "Not BF2, Not BF2S"?
Sud
+0|6745
Counter Strike Source is the biggest load of garbage ever released into the gaming community.

I was playing it, and round after round, I could not figure why I would put a load of lead into someone, and they'd suffer no ill effect.

Then someone exposed the hitbox flaw to the world. And I laughed at the leet little kiddies who deluded themselves into thinking they were "good", when all the game was was luck, to see who could spray Casper the friendly ghost with more bullets first. And people actually play that garbage competitively? What a laugh. Right up there with the Dota league.

Then I played BF2 and killed people because bullets actually hit the person you're firing at, rather than a figment of their imagination.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6811|englewood FL.
my clan is CSS, but we all had a little bf2 spirt, but were back in it now!
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6817
CS is fun for about 30 minutes every month.

there's just not enough to do in that game. the weapons don't offer enough variety to keep me interested in pure killing, not to mention being rifle heavy to the extreme.

but then again i'm more the quake/UT/painkiller/TS deathmatch type, where every weapon is lethal and you have to fly through the air while shooting people in the toe.
THE_PUNISHER
+1|6711|AUATRALIA
yeah counter strike is only ok when u start having a bad streak at BF2, then u play counter strike for like 2 mins. when i play i always play to pissoff all the people that are little bitches and have a cry about everything, plus i always use the autosniper just to listen to all the little bitches have a cry
BlackJackBob
+2|6752|Canada
uhhh... the HalfLife engine is what.... 10 years old now? ew?  no thanks i'll stick to a game that has more than one dimension of play
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

A few Positives and Negatives of Counter Strike.

Positives.
- It is a widly played 'classic' game that will never die.
- You will always find people playing on it.
- It is a good 1st person shooter for those of us who don't have good PCs, (believe it or not, my computer used to be able to handle it.)
- A good array of guns and equipment.
- Many different and decent mods such as DOD.
- No awards or stats for you to worry about.

Negatives
- It is in no way as good as the Battlefield series.
- You find a hacker nearly every time you play.
- The AWP.
- The fact that I suck at it.
- You always find yourself on the same map. Either the Dust ones or that iceworld one.
- No veichles. Just shooting.
- No story line to it. Battlefield is in a war, everyone understands that, but CS is just peole shooting each other for the hell of it.
- No awards or stats for you to worry about.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au

redfoxster wrote:

I love em both, but for their different properties.

CS is purely aiming and reaction time as far as combat, and the weapons react much more lke real weapons

BF2 i love for the weapon and vehicle diversity, it's fun to be a part of a full scale theatre battle, stratagies are totally different and game play is totally different, much more relaxed and fun imo

I love em both, just depends on what Im lookin for that day
Exactly, good sum up. This is how I look at it too.

Sud wrote:

Then someone exposed the hitbox flaw to the world. And I laughed at the leet little kiddies who deluded themselves into thinking they were "good", when all the game was was luck, to see who could spray Casper the friendly ghost with more bullets first. And people actually play that garbage competitively? What a laugh.
this is easy to fix by fiddling with command rates. guess you never heard?
http://domain805010.sites.fasthosts.com/interpvid.wmv
...and speaking of not having heard:

BlackJackBob wrote:

uhhh... the HalfLife engine is what.... 10 years old now? ew?
uhhh... heard of a little thing called the Source engine? It's graphical capabilites and physics shit all over bf2. of course, bf2 shits right back with how open its environemnts can be - but there's no 'knifing boot through wall' crap in css...

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-12-12 19:50:50)

sgt.fftl
+0|6805|Houston, Texas

Sud wrote:

Counter Strike Source is the biggest load of garbage ever released into the gaming community.

I was playing it, and round after round, I could not figure why I would put a load of lead into someone, and they'd suffer no ill effect.

Then someone exposed the hitbox flaw to the world. And I laughed at the leet little kiddies who deluded themselves into thinking they were "good", when all the game was was luck, to see who could spray Casper the friendly ghost with more bullets first. And people actually play that garbage competitively? What a laugh. Right up there with the Dota league.

Then I played BF2 and killed people because bullets actually hit the person you're firing at, rather than a figment of their imagination.
well ur first problem is that in cs ur not supposed to spray moron ur supposed to click its much more accurate...wow is it that hard to figure out
Maj.Do
+85|6749|good old CA
i thought CS was faster paced then bf2 i used to play cs alot but i take time off from it
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6817
CS isn't faster paced than anything. round based games all suffer from defensive syndrome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard