Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6714|Germany
If you want to have the knife badges [and I know that you do ], just follow the following advices:
1. search a 32 player DRAGON VALLEY server (because it's the f***ing best map to get them)
2. go for USMC (because they will attack the bases where loads of enemys are waiting)
3. become squadleader to get UAV from your commander
3. attack the first Chinese base on the way over the mountain north of the base
4. look for snipers lying in the grass, TOWs, stationary MGs or the AA on top of the hill
5. just KNIFE them
6. when this base has captured you must have enough luck that the enemys will just have on base left ,
   otherwise go to the base in the middle of the map
7. go always on empty ways and through the grass (also if it is a detour)

I hope this tips will help you, but I think if I(!) was able to make 9 knife kills in one round and get Basic and Veteran Knife Badge in this round (without any knife skills), YOU will be able to reach that too
Have Fun and Good Luck

ps: look and the image below^^
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6734|mansfield
congrats dude, im after my vet knife and these tips will help me

thanks mate
joemah
+6|6712
I prefer karkand for the knife badges. I got basic vet and expert on karkand.
CenTex19D
+0|6726
congrats
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Congrats but why in chuy's name is this in "Contest Chatter" ?
Siriously dude ...
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Congrats but why in chuy's name is this in "Contest Chatter" ?
Siriously dude ...
Good eye

Moved
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6683|Wherever the F**k i feel like
Use Flash Bangers!
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6730|Houston, Texas
I prefer the dead people piles on Karkhan (sp) got my expert  last week in under 5 minutes as an Engineer.   People toss nades at the beginning so you usually get a big pile of dead guys.  Just jump in the middle of dead people and let the pad statting medic revive innocent victims for you.  I love those medic whores not only can they win a game they can screw up a game.  hahha.

see my stats at iMac_Attack  not only do i suck w/ the knife but i have less than 300 kills with it.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

I got my Vet on Wake I just blew the bridge to North Village. I was US, and we captured every spawn point but North Village. I managed to sneak around, and started knifing all the snipers on the left side. I managed to get my Vet just doing this. One guy even looked straight at me, then ran off as I knifed him.
RedHot
+9|6699

[Valhalla]iMac_Attack wrote:

I prefer the dead people piles on Karkhan (sp) got my expert  last week in under 5 minutes as an Engineer.   People toss nades at the beginning so you usually get a big pile of dead guys.  Just jump in the middle of dead people and let the pad statting medic revive innocent victims for you.  I love those medic whores not only can they win a game they can screw up a game.  hahha.

see my stats at iMac_Attack  not only do i suck w/ the knife but i have less than 300 kills with it.
Hahahaha gotta love stupid medics, well as long as they are on the other team.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
Crap i almost got my knife badge today cept i used a gun. I climbed the crane in sharqi and a few snipers were there. I wonder why they didnt put claymores and i just knifed a few. I saw a medic with them and panicked and shot the rest of the snipers on top of the crane:D
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6727|06-01

Ayumiz wrote:

Crap i almost got my knife badge today cept i used a gun. I climbed the crane in sharqi and a few snipers were there. I wonder why they didnt put claymores and i just knifed a few. I saw a medic with them and panicked and shot the rest of the snipers on top of the crane:D
have had games like that when going for my C4 badge
only a few kills left for the badge, then either panic or get over excited and use the gun instead......lol
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Unfortunatly, most of your tips are bullshit.
First of all, you found Dragon Valley the best map to get your knife badge. That's cool, but it's not the same for everyone. I for example got my Basic and Veteran badges, (at the same time,) on "Mass Destruction." Many others like Karkand. It all depends ont he person.

Getting UAV helps you very little. Sure you know where about these people are, but you don't know:
- What veichle/stationary weapon they are in.
- Wheter they are alert to your presence.
- What way they are facing.

Also, before today when I was knife-badge-less I fucking prayed for a map where responsible enemies would stay on a stationary weapon and wait to be knifed. Sure you get the odd one, but assuming they don't know you're there, they are actually using the weapon to defend a point, (more often than not someone will us a stationary weapon for about 10 seconds before jumping off,) and there are no other enemies to gun you down as you attack this poors sap, the chances for an "easy knife kill" are slim.

As I said, you do get the odd one.

I think your tips are not completely useless, but seriously there are a lot of variables that determine your luck in getting a legitimate knife badge.

My tip to people after the knife badge: Look for oportunities wherever they are. If an enemy is facing away from you and firing, he is ripe for knifing. If a Sniper, as Ir0n-M@n suggected, is just lying in the grass doing his thing, knife him. If you are one who wants to run head on towards enemies with a knife, go for it.

To people who want to get these badges: find your own way. There is no sure fire solution, short of cheating, (if you cheat I will gut you,) to get the badges. They are hard, but one day, you'll just have the mojo for it and if you try, you will get it.
That's pretty much what I found.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ir0n-M@n
+125|6714|Germany

Tyferra wrote:

Getting UAV helps you very little. Sure you know where about these people are, but you don't know:
sry i dont think so. you cant say that all tips are bullshit just because you made it on mass destruction. btw not everyone has special forces (like me).  and by the way you CAN SEE in which way the enemy is looking because the uav shows it. so in my view you are the one who is talking bullshit dude
Blankwindow
+1|6695
Personally i don't have a favorite map for kniving/pistol kills but the city maps offer the best i think. In BF2 i would say either karkland (got my actualy badges for basic and vet knife/pistol on this map, but got majority of those needed kills for vet on other maps.) or shaqri. And in SF ghost town, Massdestruction, the palaca and or tv station in warlord are all prime spots for knife or pistol. As to what the guy suggested for kniving in a pile

In that case both you and the medic are stat padding. If you were filmed doing that and the stuff sent to ea you could have your stats removed. same for the medic. Not to mention the medic should have known what was going on. After the first revive I would have realised you wer ethere and either switch to primary weapon, knifes, or used the shock pattles to take you out as then revive the guy again.
Ir0n-M@n
+125|6714|Germany

Blankwindow wrote:

In BF2 i would say either karkland
oh please... its KARKAND
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6704|In a van down by the river
There should be a sticky that says its Karkand not Karkland... jeez.  At what point in loading Strike at Karkand does it look like the name of the map is Strike at Karkland?
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6731|Internet!
Karkland, heh...

UAV is the god of Knifing. Watch those little dots, learn who's camping what and how to kill em, and who's not looking at you so you can dart up behind 'em.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Ir0n-M@n wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

sry i dont think so. you cant say that all tips are bullshit just because you made it on mass destruction. btw not everyone has special forces (like me).  and by the way you CAN SEE in which way the enemy is looking because the uav shows it. so in my view you are the one who is talking bullshit dude
I didn't say all of them were bullshit. I said "most," and maybe that was a bit unfair. How about "quite a few."

And I don't have Special Forces. I don't have BF2. I don't even have a computer good enough to play Solitair on.

The UAV dosn't show which way your enemy is facing. If someone spots an enemy, then you can see which way they're facing, but UAV just shows a red dot. Anyway, if I am talking bullshit here, (I may be, I havn't played BF2 for a while now - I count four days as a while,) I apologise, but I can't be fucked checking it up right now, I was running that from memory.

My point still remains anyway. Everyone will find their own way. I am someone who has tried and tried to follow the many tips people have posted on here, and I found that, although some of them resulted in a few knife kills, the badges still evaded me. I found my own way and that's what everyone has to do.

Last point: Special Forces dosn't increase your chances of getting a knife badge. Maybe the night maps might, but Mass Destruction isn't a night map. Granted it's a bit coudy, but I don't think that makes much of a difference.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-17 18:34:17)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790

Tyferra wrote:

Ir0n-M@n wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I didn't say all of them were bullshit. I said "most," and maybe that was a bit unfair. How about "quite a few."

And I don't have Special Forces. I don't have BF2. I don't even have a computer good enough to play Solitair on.

The UAV dosn't show which way your enemy is facing. If someone spots an enemy, then you can see which way they're facing, but UAV just shows a red dot. Anyway, if I am talking bullshit here, (I may be, I havn't played BF2 for a while now - I count four days as a while,) I apologise, but I can't be fucked checking it up right now, I was running that from memory.

My point still remains anyway. Everyone will find their own way. I am someone who has tried and tried to follow the many tips people have posted on here, and I found that, although some of them resulted in a few knife kills, the badges still evaded me. I found my own way and that's what everyone has to do.
Well like he said, yours is bull shit too, you CAN see what way their facing which makes UAV a must in CQC.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6748
there is other place for knifing, the tv tower at sharqy, i was american and the mec got the tower, so i went to the top with knife in hand, sudenly i saw a guy guarding the stairs but i think he got bored, because he was distracted and knifed him in the face ( i gave him 2 times to kill me), then i came out of the door and i saw a PRECIOUS line of AT and snipers, i knifed them one by one (6) they didn't even notice, the 7th guy i stave him twice but the lag issue when you hit, but is not counted as a hit  and by the third stave the round ended, the next round i knifed 4 guys in the same place.
for me the basic knife was the hardest (of knife badges)to get it took me like 4 tries, then vet i got it by luck, then the expert got it at firts try, and after that knifing has became a lot easier, took me more time getting to 100 knife kills than 200 now i'm almost 300
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6692|Toronto, ON, CAN

maton wrote:

for me the basic knife was the hardest (of knife badges)to get it took me like 4 tries, then vet i got it by luck, then the expert got it at firts try, and after that knifing has became a lot easier, took me more time getting to 100 knife kills than 200 now i'm almost 300
And that is coming from someone who has put 500 hours of his life (approx 3 ~ 5 hours a day) in playing... You too can be a success with a bit more practice... like a month straight!

Seriously though, I have to agree... as you get more used to the maps, and focus your goals (knife kills only this map, or just improve your K/D ratio, x # of hours till badge is acheivable, etc...) you will find that it is easier to accumulate to your goal...

That being said, I am still trying to perfect my knife act. I have made 75 knife kills without receiving my basic badge for it. Now that I am trying to focus on it though, the challenge IS less difficult. It will happen, and when it does, (like getting 100 plus scores in maps), it will happen all the time from that point after...

That is why these are called Skill level badges, not "lucky high score badges". (Yes I know some of them are just lucky... You can sue me... which isn't easy to do in Canada! )
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6697|Debris From Space
I can normally only get about 15 kills with a knife in a round... I'm still trying for Expert. No badge after 2 days of solid knife only. How the hell do you do it? On 64 Karkand the USMC instantly take the back bases and we end up having 90% of the players being spawn camping snipers that can see everything. You can't sneak up behind them, because they place claymores and a full frontal attack results in a snappy instant M95 death.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-21 13:05:20)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I have bad luck with that TV tower. Every time I go up there  there is normally someone there, but I have to always answer with bullets because they always seem to spot me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Freezer
+4|6678
They should have made knives throwable, sorta like the zip line or grapple in SF you get to throw one then have to find a crate to get another and make it so it takes 15 seconds like the grapple and zip do to restock.  It would be much more exciting having the ability to throw the freaking thing as well as stab a bitch with it.  I have used every damn tactic in the book and still can't get it, just like the engineer badge, c4 badge I have repaired everything and missed by one freaking point since you get a point for every billionth thing you repair and the c4 I was car bomb crazy and have come close as well, what I have been trying to do with C4 is on Sharqi put the packs on the ramp leading to the tv tower and lie in wait on top of the building to the left of the ramp as you go up it then press the button and repeat, seems like there is always a crate there to restock.

I hate mining because it never fails some dickweed on your team drives over them after seeing the skull and cross bones, same damn thing with a claymore someone always walks by it..  One day I'll get those badges..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard