notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6718|The United Center
A friend of mine just sent me a bunch of songs off the GNR album Chinese Democracy to be released later this year...and...damn.

I can't tell if I like them because it's GNR or if I like them because THEY FUCKING ROCK.

Anyway, I expect a lot of you to not really know Guns 'N Roses other than Welcome to the Jungle, but for those of you who do know about them...expectations?  Have any of you heard any songs off the new album yet?

I must say...I'm pretty impressed.
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

I have been waiting for that album for ages!

Mind sending me some songs?
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6712|In your head
People not know of GNR? Then we must teach! Hey you should send me them songs!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6722|Chicago.
I'm really looking foreward to it. I predict it'll be one of the best albums of the year in the genere.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Ryan wrote:

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...you should know better that arranging for the illegal acquisition of copyrighted material over BF2s is highly frowned upon.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...you should know better that arranging for the illegal acquisition of copyrighted material over BF2s is highly frowned upon.
Poor misguided Ryan...guess we can cancel the mod parade scheduled for tomorrow...
Ryan

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Poor misguided Ryan...guess we can cancel the mod parade scheduled for tomorrow...
Wha, wha WHAT!

Never mind, scratch that. TMo, don't send me illegal songs, why would you think to do such a hideous thing!!!
Mod parade...? Should I build a float?

Last edited by Ryan (2007-05-20 20:04:12)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Ryan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Wha, wha WHAT!

Never mind, scratch that. TMo, don't send me illegal songs, why would you think to do such a hideous thing!!!
It was a typo.  He meant permban.

...I can continue with the proceedings now, if you so desire.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6203
Interesting news.  I say interesting because I did like the early GNR albums, but judging by their recent performances, I thought they were down and out.  I'm looking forward to being wrong on this one!
Ryan

Now that I'm listening to these new songs, they aren't very great IMO. They are too soft. Maybe they aren't even the right songs...

The GNR I knew was heavier...

Btw, I made my Mod Float for the parade
https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/derish14/modfloat.jpg
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6374|Alberta, Canada
Morgan, if that's true... I'm going to be so happy.
I have all of their albums. Their best are probably Use your illusion I&II
(And Ryan... If it's soft songs like you say... I will be unhappy damnit.)
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6729|Denmark

ThomasMorgan wrote:

A friend of mine just sent me a bunch of songs off the GNR album Chinese Democracy to be released later this year...and...damn.

I can't tell if I like them because it's GNR or if I like them because THEY FUCKING ROCK.

Anyway, I expect a lot of you to not really know Guns 'N Roses other than Welcome to the Jungle, but for those of you who do know about them...expectations?  Have any of you heard any songs off the new album yet?

I must say...I'm pretty impressed.
GnR fan too, nice..

I saw them live last summer at the Roskilde Festival 06.. I'm a huge Slash fan, but I have to say those new guys rocked even though they arnt from the original band.. axl was a primadonna as usual, and we waited 2 hours for them because Axl didnt want to go on stage before it was dark.. it was totally worth the wait, when the guitar from "welcome to the jungle" punched out from the speakers I heart cried fireworks and 2,5 hour concert.. it was in fact the best concert in my life..

But I expect it to be the 2nd best after this summer where I finally get to experience my fav band live.. Metallica live in Denmark, the home country of Lars Ulrich, the drummer
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6727|Hell, p.o box 666

Hm, honestly what I´ve heard so far wasnt too good... I wasnt too much into GNR on their better times, but used to listen their songs because of Slash´s good guitar work. At times when Axl recruited all those unknown, faceless musicians (expect Buckethead for the MTV shows) I wasnt impressed at all...

Sry, might sound stupid, but GNR isnt Axl Rose and some other musicians, it´s only Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy and Matt...
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6625|Teesside, UK

Sl4y3r wrote:

Sry, might sound stupid, but GNR isnt Axl Rose and some other musicians, it´s only Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy and Matt...
i've got to agree.  I might check out the music as a new band but I'm not going to mentally compare them to guns and roses as IMO they are no longer that band.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

Guns N Roses are awesome, but I didn't even know there was a new album coming out, have to check it out.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6729|Denmark

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

I have all of their albums. Their best are probably Use your illusion I&II
hmm "Appetite for destruction" anyone? thats rock n' roll, UYL is Axl's ego trip with pianos and shit.. thats ballads and stuff, not rock..

and Chinese Democracy have been on the way for like 5 years.. He even promised to release it last year, like he had several other times.. it better be good for that long a wait..

Sl4y3r wrote:

exactly, Slash, Duff, Matt and Dizzy = GNR

the concert i saw was "Axl & friends" playing GNR songs.. but it was good!

Last edited by Z-trooper (2007-05-21 02:52:32)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6207|Uk
yeh, i wasnt as hopeful for this album coz slash duff matt dizzy are gone, and extracts ive heard from the new line up seem nowhere near as good, although quite a few people have been praising it pretty well so i might just change my mind and buy it.  i just wish slash hadnt gone to velvet revolver (witch imo suck)
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6633|USA
I got $100 thats says the album doesn't see the light of a music store.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

Ryan wrote:

Now that I'm listening to these new songs, they aren't very great IMO. They are too soft. Maybe they aren't even the right songs...

The GNR I knew was heavier...

Btw, I made my Mod Float for the parade
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/kroom_photo/paradecowboys.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6418|Chicago, IL
I'll bet that album comes out when the cubs win the world series.........
Axl Rose is a jack a$$, and isn't as talented as he thinks he is.  GNR without Slash just isn't the same.
Ryan

I'm the one riding the cowboy horse.
Names from left to right:

Alpha, DonFck, TMo, and finally, Downy.
The gay cowboy mods 4 life.

Last edited by Ryan (2007-05-21 11:43:51)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6806|Kubra, Damn it!

Sl4y3r wrote:

Hm, honestly what I´ve heard so far wasnt too good... I wasnt too much into GNR on their better times, but used to listen their songs because of Slash´s good guitar work. At times when Axl recruited all those unknown, faceless musicians (expect Buckethead for the MTV shows) I wasnt impressed at all...

The real GNR was Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steve. Once Matt & Dizzy were added they started their fall to suckdom.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6616|Ohio
I agree. Its not really GNR, its Axl and some other musicians.

Velvet Revolver is pretty good though.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Kinda liked GNR very much some years back with Spaghetti Incident as my fav actually even though it`s just covers
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard