Heffty
+9|6783|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was in this Kark server with my clan mates. We were on the MEC side and the server was about 3/4 full on a 32 player map with 32 slots. There were these guys, two of whom were named PRECOG [xG]Skythe and =TCF= pr3c0g. These guys and I think three others went to the top of the building behind the Hotel and just started to nade, C4. My clan knocked them off of the building twice in the round but they just kept getting up there cause the rest of our team sucked. Anyway, it was the first time I had ever seen the USMC team win Karkand without capping a single flag. The rest of our team just kept getting killed and we also got killed a number of times trying to defend that building. I'll admit that I'm not the best BF2 player...but sometimes you just come across guys that completely outclass you. These guys were jumping all over the place from left to right, forward and back, and it seemed they just took us out quite easily more often than not with the weaker US weapons. Anyway...props to them for handing us a whooping and winning the round by just killing on that building.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51
Skythe, eh? Sounds familiar..good infantry player, no wonder you lost
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6502|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
There is no L in karkand.

You guys were just unlucky.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6735|Melbourne, Australia
in short u got pwned KTHNX
rambo43
Banned
+35|6239
hax imo
-Leeds-Lad-
+15|6249|Leeds, WestYorkshire
they will have just been playing well
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6643|Warlord

Heffty wrote:

Anyway, it was the first time I had ever seen the USMC team win Karkland without capping a single flag.
I think I've seen that (or something close to it... no capped flags held for very long) a couple of times, but only if the USMC team totally dominated the MEC team.

Generally though the flags are so important that the team that controls the territory best will win, regardless of the number of kills, revives etc. on the team scoring better.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6381
pr3c0g, huh. Wasn't he a hacker?
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6711|UK

Heffty wrote:

Karkland
K A R K A N D
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6285
I've been in plenty of games where my team has had the most flags (ie Warlord where my team has everything except the palace) and my team have just run into their flags and got killed over and over again and we've lost. I tried telling them to stop going in there but no-one listened. We had quite a big lead and if we'd just stopped running into the death-trap-palace we would've won. But we didnt.
baggs
+732|6220
im not sure that would make a very entertaining round, but i guess thats not the point. i cant say ive ever seen USMC win a round on Kark without ever capping anything.
Capt.Irviding
I like big butts, and I cannot lie.
+13|6241
p3crong is a hacker.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6543|Belgium

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Heffty wrote:

Anyway, it was the first time I had ever seen the USMC team win Karkland without capping a single flag.
I think I've seen that (or something close to it... no capped flags held for very long) a couple of times, but only if the USMC team totally dominated the MEC team.
usually when they totally dominate the mec team, they win by capping all flags.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6611|Toronto-Canada
=TCF=pr3c0g is a very outstanding player, i'v played against/with him he's very good.
agent146
+127|6402|Jesus Land aka Canada
yes i have seen it happen twice before, the U.S. winning despite having ticket bleed on them. first time i was on M.E.C. and i was like "zomg my team suckzor" as they kept getting pwned in the alleyways with the claymores/nades but i got silver for many revives despite that we lost and HAD all the flags. and then again as USMC i and the rest of the team won despite the ticket bleed; again we (usmc) won because we played the sides and alleys and nade spammed the enemy.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6719

Samtheman53 wrote:

Heffty wrote:

Karkland
K A R K A N D
Did a mod edit his post or something, because I don't see karkland anywhere.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6711|UK

Donald O' Brien wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

Heffty wrote:

Karkland
K A R K A N D
Did a mod edit his post or something, because I don't see karkland anywhere.
yes
Unit120
+1|6217
In one of our servers we had two Excellent Team-workers who in a full server of 60 people got 100 kills and 8 death's there names started with
dynamic
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6479|meh-land

Unit120 wrote:

In one of our servers we had two Excellent Team-workers who in a full server of 60 people got 100 kills and 8 death's there names started with
dynamic
duh...

dynamic, Cz8, and occasionally some nL guys will pub and they can pull their team to a total victory like that
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6762|Mexico City
100-8 is not so hard if you have a full medic squad backing you up all the time.

going back into topic, kid you just got pwned by a group of guys that were playing as a team. Something you donĀ“t find often at public servers.
hollabackitsobi
+1|6263
lol whatever Bennet. Your KDR doesn't say it's "not too hard" for you.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6479|meh-land
kdr means nothing when talking about skill
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6779
if you look at my KDR it sucks, but then again I've had this account forever and played this game primarly for fun and to win, i would suicide to get to the flag to protect it and such, lately I've been playing more for points to get to 2nd Lt. soon instead of just fun and well, its a lot different, my spm has gone up which is hard with 2 years of lolly gagging behind you and my KDR is so so
pr3c0g
+0|6322

Blehm98 wrote:

Unit120 wrote:

dynamic
duh...

dynamic, Cz8, and occasionally some nL guys will pub and they can pull their team to a total victory like that
I'm just as good as any of those guys and will be happy to scrim against any clan. Thank you hefffty for the compliment and not accusing me of cheating like some mindless noob. Xfire is spawnster and any one can add me and play against/with me.

*NOTE* KDR's don't mean anything. It all depends who you are playing against: http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/johngacy/?action=view&current=7.jpg Went 100-8 solo but was playing against no one.

Last edited by pr3c0g (2007-06-09 17:57:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard