Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

This ones been a long time in the making, so I finally decided to finish it tonight. And here it is.
Its on the wiki, so just follow the below link

http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/scoutchopper

Any comments/criticism or whatever, post it up here
yUP|Patriots
+7|6631
All I can say is WOW!
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6449|Trondheim, Norway
I hope you have taken swe:D into the making, he got a fuckin 102 kill streak in them... he always sendt me screens earlier when he whored them! lol.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Nicely done!
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Nice guide. You finished it off with a plea for karma though...
yUP|Patriots
+7|6631

Ryan wrote:

Didn't sound like a plea to me, in anycase it's well deserved.

Good job snake, you da man!
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6429|behind my rifle
+1, the scout helis are hard to get used to flying, i think.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6422

Ryan wrote:

He puts that at the end of every guide that is converted to Wiki.......no reason to leave himself out just cause he was the author.

KiL
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
+ 1 Very nice guide. The scout heli's were really the first choppers I tried flying properly, AF had come out and I had just got my joystick for flying jets and I wanted to try them. Got alright but soon started flying with mouse/keyboard in vanilla which I am now quite good at, but never really got back to the scout choppers, but this guide has inspired me to try them again with my new found chopper skills.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...
thanks man,i love the scout helis.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Ryan wrote:

He puts that at the end of every guide that is converted to Wiki.......no reason to leave himself out just cause he was the author.

KiL
Thats right. Someone takes notice

Thanks fellas. And yeah, I remember hearing of swe:D's 102 kill streak with it, thats why I put in bit about people getting better than 90/1 scores
Smithereener
+138|6286|California
Very minor correction -

Infantry. No worries at all. Other than the odd, stray, very lucky SRAW shot you really have nothing to worry about. Although the support class weapons, in numbers, can harm you they are easily spotted due to their tracers and can be easily despatched.
I'm sure you mean "dispatched." :P

Other than that, excellent guide!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

yUP|Patriots wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Didn't sound like a plea to me, in anycase it's well deserved.

Good job snake, you da man!
Thanks Patriots

And it wasnt a plea, but I see what Ryan means tbh - despite my post above!!
I actually used that text ending for topics Id converted to wiki - but for ones Ive done, I did a seperate one.
And I put the wrong one in - so its changed from a "karma begging ending" to a usual "all rights reserved" thing

And I sorted out that type-o Smithereener, thanks
~c4~cheppi
+29|6328|Forest Green
Another great guide Snake , i'll give in to your karma plea
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
It's a good guide, but you say getting TVed is rarely done against a little bird. You said you should have no fear going up against them. That's kind of misleading to tell people, because a good gunner will win most of the time. That doesn't mean a good gunner won't miss 2-3 shots sometimes. Actually, I don't even think it's right to say a "good" gunner, because I think to consistently hit a small bird you've got to be more than just good. They are probably the hardest thing to hit in the game. If it's a up close and personal battle, my money will be on the little bird. Anything over roughly 75m and I give it to the chopper if it's a very good pilot/gunner combo. However, in very close range the pilots rockets can make quick work of the little birds.

Usually when I am using my cannon at the little birds, I am not trying to kill the chopper, I am aiming for the passengers. For things with such little armor, they sure can take cannon fire from the chopper.

A little birds best defense and offense against an attack chopper is being sneaky. Unless the people the in choppers are complete morons, they've still got more weapons to attack with and that poses a huge threat against the little birds.

Like I said, good guide, I just think you should have given more credit to the attack choppers power vs. a little bird.
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
Read all of it ... and wow!!

You must have LOADS of time on your hands!!

Must play AF tonight when I get home ... +1 for yet another job well done!!
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6498|stalker.

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

I hope you have taken swe:D into the making, he got a fuckin 102 kill streak in them... he always sendt me screens earlier when he whored them! lol.
It was 105 actually
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6466|UK , Birmingham
^^ wasnt as good as me or effe

nah swe is proz0r i used to be able to get 90-0 pretty much round after round but then i took a break and never got it back together
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6124
What A Guide...    I Have Been Hoping To Get Right Into These Little Choppers

I Have Seen How Deadly (1st Hand) These Can Be

I Will Be Memorising Your Guide And Practising On Empty Servers.....as Soon As I Have My Expert Aviator !!!!!

I Would Love To Give You + 1 .......dont Know How To Do It

Thanks
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6124
Sussed It +1 For You Man
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6462|Land of Cotton
Good work, dude.

I just bought AF/EF booster combo. This helps quite a bit. I missed the small helo's from the BF1942 DC mod days. I was happy to see them again. I wish they were present on the single player so I could get some target practice in.

Follow up question: What number do you use for the sensitivity for mouse for the helo? I have mine at 3.00 but I am not sure what is good or worse.

Thanks and +1 to you!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Roomba wrote:

Follow up question: What number do you use for the sensitivity for mouse for the helo? I have mine at 3.00 but I am not sure what is good or worse.
Well, it depends greatly on the mouse. I got a laser wireless now and use 3.2.

UPDATE!!
The guide has just been updated to include some new tactics and a nice video
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6118|Estonia
Nice
kcp
+0|5905
This topic does not exist yet
You’ve followed a link to a topic that doesn’t exist yet. You can create it by using the Create this page button.
This is what I got when I followed the posted link.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Thats because it was lost when the server failed.
Still on my HD, but cant put it onto the wiki as it no longer works. Ill try and get it on the OP.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard