-Gunsmoke-
+165|6653|South Jersey
Yes.  SF totally kicks ass.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486
SF is better than Vanilla. If you can find a server that is not Ghost Town only.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2007-05-19 14:47:21)

Sondernkommando
+22|6734

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

I also heard maps like Iron Gator, Warlord, and many others rise way above anything regular BF2 can dish out. True?
Warlord is quickly becoming the Karkand of SF (that is, the predominant map available and tons of I/O) but it's still way more enjoyable because of its layout. 

Iron Gator is great for close quarters combat, with its labyrinthine passages that will take some time to navigate.  However, quite often the USMC team keeps the MEC from even boarding the ship and then it's fish-in-a-barrel time.

For me, it's Mass Destruction - Spetznaz vs. Rebels - with ATVs, jeeps, tanks, APCs, helos, RIBs in a post-apocalyptic scenario.  Works just as well in I/O mode, too - tons of obstacles, fences, valleys, buildings...

Best of all - no jets:  helos are tough but a well-placed .50 cal can send them fleeing so it's balanced.

IMO anyway!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

Should I reinstall it? Just reformatted my PC (it needed a good wipe, waaaay too many bugs and stuff, lol)
and was wondering if I should reinstall Special Forces. I know some people play it but, is it even any good?
Post a reason why I should and/or shouldn't reinstall it.
Yes you should, as I am setting up a new SF server and you should join it!
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6470|Cambridge, UK

mazerali62 wrote:

Yes, so you can learn another map other than Karkand!!
QFT
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6677|BC, Canada

mazerali62 wrote:

Yes, so you can learn another map other than Karkand!!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
I say yeah, install it.

I wish i could play Iron Gator. My comp just can't handle it. Its fine if i sit on the deck and look toward the MEC base, but if i turn and look at the carrier (or heaven forbid, go in it), i get about 1 fps. I need a good graphics card.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6784|Cambridge (UK)

Sondernkommando wrote:

Iron Gator is great for close quarters combat, with its labyrinthine passages that will take some time to navigate.  However, quite often the USMC team keeps the MEC from even boarding the ship and then it's fish-in-a-barrel time.
The clan I used to be in made camping in the well deck into an art form... Snipers (for the clays), Engineers (for the Eryx) and Support (for the Ammo) make for one impregnable well deck.
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6507
I havn't had time to reply much with HS finals and all, but I appreciate everythign you all have said and hope to meet you all on SF! (And hopefully to forget Karkand!)
1s1k_hellspawn
+5|6218|in the woods of maine
listen to the majority its worth it. install it and start fraggin!!!!!!
Hellhound10
+2|6197
I would....SF is a great mod of BF2 ....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard