Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Sucks

Every time you die it takes longer to respawn

you cannot steal the enemy teams vehicles

you can only spawn on certain flags at a time

squad leaders are often to dumb to realize you need a officer kit to make rally points

ATs have 2 shots, tank take 4 hits to die

Everyone has the same or similar guns

Don't Suck

Rally points when the SL know how they are

The field bandage pack thingie

the special kits

you need to aim down the sights to see where to shoot

you can spawn on cars and APCs

The pistols are much more badass

Dirt Bikes

The new maps (most of them anyways)

The M249, it pwns
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6458
What sucks: Nothing
What doesn't: Everything
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6511

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

What sucks: Nothing
What doesn't: Everything
ownd
David.P
Banned
+649|6272
Doc i have to agree with you on most points except the special kits. It prevents too many idiots from doing stupid things.(Aka me when i first started playing with the heavy at)
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6401|Alberta, Canada

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Sucks

Every time you die it takes longer to respawn
Makes you want to die less, doesn't it?

you cannot steal the enemy teams vehicles

you can only spawn on certain flags at a time

squad leaders are often to dumb to realize you need a officer kit to make rally points

ATs have 2 shots, tank take 4 hits to die
Get a rifleman to stick with you. You shouldn't have a problem taking down a tank if you're in a squad.[/b]

Everyone has the same or similar guns
Uhh... Take a look at ANY current army. They are all pretty much given  the same rifle. Exceptions are carbines and machineguns.

Don't Suck

Agreed. I love that thing

the special kits

you need to aim down the sights to see where to shoot

The pistols are much more badass

Dirt Bikes

The new maps (most of them anyways)

The M249, it pwns
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6284|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Everything does totally not not not suck.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6704
The heavy AT only takes 1-2 hits to kill a tank.  Besides, I don't agaree with any of your "sucks" reasons.  Most of your complaints are what I love about PR.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6638

David.Podedworny wrote:

Doc i have to agree with you on most points except the special kits. It prevents too many idiots from doing stupid things.(Aka me when i first started playing with the heavy at)
He said that doesn't suck.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
what sucks: nothing
what  owns : TOW missles

TOW FTW!!!!
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6326|Londawn
What sucks: They're making the L-AT kit a limited kit in 0.6
What Doesn't: Everything Else
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

what will rock

fucking fast as hell jets in .6
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast

surgeon_bond wrote:

what will rock

fucking fast as hell jets in .6
very true my friend
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
What sucks: I get chosen as a proper tester for 0.6 and onwards, but my AGP slot fucks up. Forcing me to use onboard and wrecking any chance of playing BF2 or PR until i get a new computer.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
As for 0.6

gonna suck

Light AT is limited

gonna not suck

deployable bunkers

scoped G3A3
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6655|Devil's Perch

[...]
Wow, at least one post in this thread that's not to be considered fanboy-ism (okay, adding the "me2"-post from David makes 2).

I really, really don't understand why someone can say "nothing sucks about this mod" and still not turn all purple or something.

I played with zeidmaan and a few others earlier this week. Yes, there was some sort of communication, at least between our squadleader, zeid, me and, occasionally, a fourth guy. The other two weren't talking and basically doing their own thing, except for when they needed our SL as spawn point.

We were US on Al Basrah and basically got handed our asses to us really, really bad.
The four guys in our squad that sticked together had died more than 100 times (summed up) at the end of the round, that makes 50 minutes of staring at the respawn screen by default respawn time, not calculating in the personal penalty time.
All squadmembers went through situations as described there, even more than once: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 6#p1416306
My lesson from that was: teamwork can't keep you from dying in this mod. Totally not.
That sucks.
The respawn time sucks.
The personal dying penalty time sucks, for reasons described above.

The balancing sucks.

This does not suck:

Yes, definitely.

A gimmick, barely more. If your squad's medics both died, you might not be able to get yourself enough time to wait for their re-arrival to get fully healed, you'll just be forced to spend more time watching your vision get blurry and listening to your alter-ego coughing and then losing consciousness. Wow.

the special kits
Yes. I'm not a vBF2 sniper, but did pretty good with a picked up sniper (or marksman?) kit in this mod earlier this week. The thought of a team full of those scares the shit out of me. The limited availability of some other kits doesn't seem that much reasonable to me.

Which is possible in 2142, too, yet less of a risk because even if your pilot or driver is a retard, you won't add another 30+x seconds waiting time after he rammed you into the next best building. I basically like the idea of mobile spawn points, but not fully the way they're implemented.

What I personally like a lot is the accuracy of weapons. Playing too much vBF2 makes one totally forget how accurate these weapons should basically be.
Proud member of a dead community.
Zodiaccup
+42|6544
Sucks:
That EA/DICE wasn't able do release a game like this, means we had to wait
for some modders to do it in their spare time.

Don't Suck:
Some modders fortunately did it, for the community.

And yes, i'm a great fan of this mod.
It's better than any Onlinegame i played before.

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2007-05-13 08:18:38)

devildogfo
+32|6321|Camp Lejeune

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

The heavy AT only takes 1-2 hits to kill a tank.  Besides, I don't agaree with any of your "sucks" reasons.  Most of your complaints are what I love about PR.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
What sucks:

Players who feel its their job to point out what they don't like when its the same damn list we have heard a thousands times.

What rocks:
PR Devs, good squad leaders, rally points, when a plan works well.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6655|Devil's Perch
What sucks:
People stating the obivous.

Why would anyone need you to tell them that good squadleaders or working strategies are a nice thing to have?
Proud member of a dead community.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6748
What sucks:

SL doesnt have normal smoke for smoke screens.
SL can not use his own field bandage (or seems that way to me)

these are only minor issues though as the MOD is such a good game!
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

Naah SL can use their own field dressings, its just that you need to be on flat ground when throwing them. If you are on a slope sometimes field dressing sink in to ground. That pisses me of so much.
BORNAS
+6|6194|Lithuania
you now what?you don't  now how to play this game
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK

henno13 wrote:

what sucks: nothing
what  owns : TOW missles

TOW FTW!!!!
I friggin owned my self with the tow the other day ppl in my squad were like wtf!
link52787
+29|6520
nothing really sucks in PR. 

The respawn time is not that bad.  Maybe, don't die and you will experience more playing time? 

I haven't played PR in about 2-3 weeks, so when I played last night, I got owned in the first three rounds.  So the respawn time took back about 15 minutes of my life.  lol

The team work is fun.  Except I don't have a mic so its kind of hard to communicate with my squad mates because I don't have time to type my message.  I usually die or as result my team mates die because of my typing. 

I don't care about the special kits,  I like the M4 and the M16,  I'm usually a medic. 
Since I only have 5 charges in my defib I use them all up and other team mates bitch at me for not using them. 

Maybe they should add CPR?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard