[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6541|Cardiff
i just read that the shotguns will be 'boosted' in .6 apparently (not sure what that means exactly prolly more accurate at range or summat im guessing/hoping).
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6336|Londawn
Shotguns are almost as bad as Vanilla, highly unpowered, they need some tweeking.
Zodiaccup
+42|6554

Idlewild wrote:

Shotguns are almost as bad as Vanilla, highly unpowered, they need some tweeking.
Simply the fact that you can switch to slugshot make them far better than any shotgun in vanilla IMO.
But maybe that's just me.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6541|Cardiff
ok i found this just now so im'a posting it for ur viewing pleasure.  lots of cool stuff mentioned if u look hard enough (mosin nagant!).  some of the new maps look really cool too.

http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?t … eality_0.6

also throwing stones at peeps should be ...erm interesting if nothing else. lol.

Last edited by [THE] comben (2007-05-17 15:37:36)

GR34
+215|6553|ALBERTA> CANADA
Thats so dam gay why limit the Light AT kit its so rare i even get a kill with the dam kit. All the rocket does is get the tank to bugger off  u don't get enough rockets to kill the damed thing so! usually if u hit a tank with light AT it will drive to safty! And i dont really think that an RPG (Rocker propelled GRENADE) is that effective against tanks so thats why they get 2! and an other thing 30 seconds to spawn is just way to long like way to long i hate that 15 sec is MAX any more then that and i say PR is fun but screw it i will only get to play like 5 min of the whole map b/c i die so much any way!
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6336|Londawn
I don't like the limiting of the light AT either, 
The spawn time is great, it encourages you to keep with teammates and not rambo in because you know if you down you'll get mowed down and half to wait for 30 odd seconds to respawn. The spawn time helps increase teamwork and the likelyhood of being revived, if you're with teammates, and get shot they've got 30 seconds to revive you as opposed to the 15 seconds in vanilla (and spawn with full health).

*edit*

Contrary to popular belive RPG doesn't stand for 'Rocket Propelled Grenade' it means 'Reaktivniy Protivotankniy Granatomyot' in Russian - translated to "rocket anti-tank launcher"

Last edited by Idlewild (2007-05-18 00:14:05)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
Think about it. They're removing the possibility of everyone being Light AT, because it isn't like that in real life. Now all they have to do is do that to medics and the like and you'd have the majority being standard rifleman like in real life. Especially in a big scale war like the war PR is portraying. It's a realism mod, and there's not near enough of those for games (especially Half life, you'd expect there to be at least one by now but the mod community is about 12 years old). Infact only Red Orchestra and PR try to go for realism.
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6336|Londawn
ArmA, America's Army? - No?
GR34

Mekstizzle wrote:

Think about it. They're removing the possibility of everyone being Light AT, because it isn't like that in real life. Now all they have to do is do that to medics and the like and you'd have the majority being standard rifleman like in real life. Especially in a big scale war like the war PR is portraying. It's a realism mod, and there's not near enough of those for games (especially Half life, you'd expect there to be at least one by now but the mod community is about 12 years old). In fact only Red Orchestra and PR try to go for realism.
No they cant limit medic ket i barley get revived as it is if they limited that class i would just go back to playing vanilla. not many people are medic and to make medic less power full they could always give medics less mags or mabey even a smg (or any PDW) or an M4 with iron sights or one with acon reflex!
zeidmaan
+234|6423|Vienna

Idlewild wrote:

hehe he was talking about mods I believe.
Anyway hes right about reasons for limiting LAT. But also a big problem currently is when a tank or APC engages a squad and kills few of them, SL just hides and 30+ seconds later 5 LATs spawn on him and own the tank. What they are trying to do is make the tanks kings of the battlefield and to make it hard for people to take them out. You will have to decide to engage that tank and PLAN for it. You will have to organize your squad, get 2-3 ATs, rifleman etc. Not just go about your business until you encounter a tank and than shout SPAWN AS AT, EVERYONE SPAWN AS AT.

PS. Long spawn times are not there just to make people play smart and not like lemmings. They are also there to make taking of flags a realistical assault not some fancy Blitzkrieg.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-18 16:42:08)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6714
They also improved shotguns and increased the amount of ammo given to support.
psH
Banned
+217|6392|Sydney

zeidmaan wrote:

Idlewild wrote:

hehe he was talking about mods I believe.
Anyway hes right about reasons for limiting LAT. But also a big problem currently is when a tank or APC engages a squad and kills few of them, SL just hides and 30+ seconds later 5 LATs spawn on him and own the tank. What they are trying to do is make the tanks kings of the battlefield and to make it hard for people to take them out. You will have to decide to engage that tank and PLAN for it. You will have to organize your squad, get 2-3 ATs, rifleman etc. Not just go about your business until you encounter a tank and than shout SPAWN AS AT, EVERYONE SPAWN AS AT.

PS. Long spawn times are not there just to make people play smart and not like lemmings. They are also there to make taking of flags a realistical assault not some fancy Blitzkrieg.
Yep, and the flag take-times are longer to, so once you get killed, your force has a chance of retaking it back.

But still, i think the A2 should also have a scope if the G3 is getting one?
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6344|Oregon
made my day...

pr ftw!
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6468
The good thing about Light AT being limited is the bunkers only takes 2 LAT's to take down, how long would they last if 5+ people were using it? Barley 1 minute so it balances it out.
zeidmaan
+234|6423|Vienna

Doms wrote:

Yep, and the flag take-times are longer to, so once you get killed, your force has a chance of retaking it back.

But still, i think the A2 should also have a scope if the G3 is getting one?
A2 will get a scope too it just hasnt been modeled yet. Thats why its not been confirmed that scoped G3 will be in v0.6. Maybe they will put it in for open beta and see how it works.

EDIT: Aw man I just saw this:
http://media.putfile.com/A10-cannon-3rd-person

Improved sound for A10 and its sweeeeeeeeet.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-19 02:22:59)

GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6486|San Diego, CA
Yep, the M16A4 with ACOGs will come out in v.7
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6344|Oregon
if indeed the javelin rocket comes out in .6, that would justify limiting AT.
If AT gets the Javelin shown in that video posted above, they become IMMENSELY more powerful. with that, 3 or 4 on a team is almost enough. In my opinion this just adds another strategic element to the game.

The guys who make PR get it so damn right...
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6336|Londawn

djphetal wrote:

If AT gets the Javelin shown in that video posted above, they become IMMENSELY more powerful. with that, 3 or 4 on a team is almost enough. In my opinion this just adds another strategic element to the game.

Javelin will be light AT? - In the video it takes one hit to kill that t-60
GR34

Idlewild wrote:

djphetal wrote:

the javelin is like oober 1337 heavy AT not light AT! i think there will only be 1-2 per team like the m95 if only i could find the dam thing
zeidmaan
+234|6423|Vienna

Javelin will probably never be in the game. The damn thing is just too powerful in real life. It has an automatic heat seeking targeting system that would never miss in PR distances. Having something like that in the game would make the tanks useless.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6344|Oregon

GR34 wrote:

Idlewild wrote:

djphetal wrote:

the javelin is like oober 1337 heavy AT not light AT! i think there will only be 1-2 per team like the m95 if only i could find the dam thing
right... javelin would most likely be heavy at, but maybe by restricting light AT, it would make 1 or 2 javelins NOT too overpowering.
3 or 4 would be a bit much, i realize...
But 1 or 2 javelins would just make the game more tactical. If there is an open space that a tank needs to cross, one could recon with a helicopter, take it out, and then they would proceed.
They are going for REALISM, and there are REALLY javelin rockets, and there are also REAL ways to stop them.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6526|USA
i can't wait...
The_Mac
+96|6233
UH-1Y Venoms?
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6517|Los Angeles, California

zeidmaan wrote:

[[[@lph@_Templar wrote:

LOL, does the missile fly for like a second then shoot straight upwards,because that's what I'm seeing and then the tank just blows up? :S
Yeah thats how Javelin works. It locks on to a heat signature first. Than when its fired it goes straight up and makes a big arch and hits the tank from above. This way it hits it in the weakest armor.
2 examples

I remember that video from PR forums. I think Eggman (the man behind PR) once played around with the idea of making a Javelin but apparently didn't like it too much so he "shelved" it. Maybe in the future they will give it another chance.
SatNav from the BF2sp forums made it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3p6H_w3qv4

He also made the Clusterbomb for Bf2.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IDfrrVjR6nk& … mp;search=

Last edited by chaosdragon001 (2007-05-20 00:57:17)

GR34

The_Mac wrote:

UH-1Y Venoms?
I wish bunt i dont think so

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard