Game*
Jihad!
+0|6795
Yes i no im a dumbfuckin idiot but please tell me b4 i embarrass myself infront of people i actually no...
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6777

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-
Wrong forum, moved.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
This of IRC as an older form of Instant Messenger.

There are many different IRC nets out there housed on all sorts of different servers.
You connect to a certain net, which in our case here on BF2S is irc.freenode.net
You would connect with an IRC Client which could be mIRC or X-Chat or Gaim or Trillian lots out there.
Once you enter the server you then join a Chat room which is a virtual room that you enter. In our case the chat room is called:  #bf2s

Once in the room you can type just like IM to other people in the room. Everyone in the room sees what you type once you press enter. You can also Private Message (PM) people. There are all sorts of special things that an OP can do to a room. They can make them password protected, they can have bots that just sit in a room and tell time and temp if you prompt them for it.

It would be quite alien at first to someone who has never been on IRC before but most people get the hang of it rather quickly after using it for a few weeks.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6777

kilroy0097 wrote:

This of IRC as an older form of Instant Messenger.
yeakinda what he said.

.. way to steal my sig idea kilroy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard