Poll

Do you think skill is based more on Intelligence or Reflexes?

Intelligence by Far52%52% - 241
Reflexes like Jet Lee47%47% - 221
Total: 462
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6531|Adelaide, South Australia

Intelligence and Reflexes go hand in hand. It's knowing when to use them that counts.

(Ether way, I still say it's 10% gun, 20% skill and 70% situational)
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6548|California
I say skill is both.   

However I also have to say that UAV plays a big part. 

UAV is like a GPS cheat.  Many times I know a guy is around the corner through UAV, so I just run up and kill him with the PKm before he knows.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6634|Little Bentcock
Takes both.
plaid_retina
+10|6707|Memphis, Tn

S.Lythberg wrote:

I havent been knifed in over a year
I doubt that seriously, by the look of your stats you obviously don't hide to well.........lol
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6336|New Haven, CT
Both. If you run around a corner the same time he does, then whoever shoots quicker wins (assuming no UAV or anything).

However, if you see two enemies off in the distance, you don't need anything other than an intelligent way to eliminate them to successfully do so.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6770|Denmark

PvtStPoK wrote:

nulled

need both to be good
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6663|The Netherlands
both but if i had to chose: reflexes
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6364|uk

If you go round a corner, and there is an enemy, then of course it is 99% reflexes- it takes intelligence to shoot him

However, i think for every other situation it is intelligence.

You need to know the map, you need to be able to know where you can get shot at from each place on the map, you need to be able to predict player movements, whilst remaining unpredictable as well, you need to be able to use the minimap, the 3d map, the chat and kill messages all at once, whilst keeping an eye on your ammo and health, and  playing the game yourself.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6535|the Netherlands
both Intelligence / Reflexes 

Alll of the ABOVE

(in my experience there's no such thing as Luck - Obi wan Kenobi )
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6298|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Both
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6447|UK
it requires both i think.

reflex for the speed of your attack, every second counts.

intelligence to be able to plan the attack, know though enemy if there a sniper are you really going to take them on long range no. (allthough people try there a tad silly)
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6633|Gold coast, Aus.
No point having a really good tactic if you have a 1 second reaction time and no aim. You need both.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6240|Scotland!
Null vote, without experience, both aren't that useful at all.
Unique01
+1|6217|Malta
Reflexes more than intelligence, because u can plan everything out, but if u dont have fast reflexes, u will ge owned in a battle. Thats my opinion at least.
Peace
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6592|Melbourne, Australia.
In real matches, intelligence by an absolute mile.
You need smart people, that can make good strats, and know where to move. Reflexes, ok, your quick at aiming, but not knowing where to move, when to move, where to hide, what to duck behind, how to follow the strat, your nothing.

Its not even worth debating, since most of you wouldn't know as you don't play all that competitively.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6627|Kent, UK
intelligence if you're taking a game seriously
if you're just in a public with some mates then reflex
I only really concentrate if im getting pissed off or it's a match :p
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6306|Malaysia
Needs a combination of both. Ultra quick reflexes are useless when faced against an adversary much more prepared to fight you, but when you do face each other, the one who can aim their weapon accurately and quickly is the winner.

Last edited by BakaBakaNeko2 (2007-05-07 05:24:47)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6578|England

You need both. Without either, you might as well give up.
B|ackhawk
+12|6212|Manchester, England
I think intelligence because if you have the intelligence to hide behind objects then you can take your time with the aiming parts...
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6719|67.222.138.85
On the ground, within 100m, usually reflexes. Outside that, or in vehicles, intelligence.
twiistaaa
+87|6680|mexico
depends on what you mean, if its a straight up who kills who first reflexes are more important. if its like bf2 where there are other objectives then intelligence maybe more the key to winning, out flanking and getting past the enemy is as if not more important then just killing them.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6671|BC, Canada
speed more than inteligence.. prone and pop. setting traps for the enemy is fun though.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6707|UK
Intelligence, some people just don't think.

eg: On Wake playing as PLA, a boat appears on the minimap at airfield, boats don't spawn there, so obviously an enemy as just got out of one there and is going to cap our flags if you don't use your brain.

Also happens with cars, jets that just happen to fly by with no one in them, a lot of people don't think about this kind of stuff but its very helpful.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6366
What about expirence and knowing the map? New guys walk right into kill zones, old hands know where they are. I am just to slow to fly myself. I ruled in BF42 and BFV I am out of my league in BF2. I would be a detrement to my team if I flew. So I never do any more....sniff. . .
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6561|EUtopia | Austria
In BF2 it's all about experience - and well, skill doesn't have anything to do with intelligence, that's why there's a word named 'skill' for it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard