Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6868
Muslims aren't a race.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

jonsimon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Next time a Roman Catholic in 2007 stones someone for dating a Baptist, you can call me a racist.
Proving serge's point.
Except muslim is not a race.  So what point are we proving?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6753|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

The anti semitism on these forums is rampant. . . .

Its unreal how much you guys bag on Jews, Israel, and "zionists"!!

I swear it seems the Iranian government is editing people's posts/speaking for them. . . .
I saw anti-Semite posts too.  But criticizing Israel policies isn't anti-Semite, so I don't know why you include Israel there.  Jews are one thing, and Israel is another.
Just to adding to this.

Conceptions of race, as well as specific ways of grouping races, vary by culture and over time, and are often controversial for scientific as well as social and political reasons.

Your race is determined by your genes. Human populations do differ, but they don't differ in the ways that most people think, and they certainly don't differ in the ways that 19th century race scientists thought.

Interesting read. (Some might find it interesting at least)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6909|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Next time a Roman Catholic in 2007 stones someone for dating a Baptist, you can call me a racist.
Proving serge's point.
Except muslim is not a race.  So what point are we proving?
Call it whatever you like.  Racism, bigotry, prejudice, stereotyping, in this case they all mean the same.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

sergeriver wrote:

Call it whatever you like.  Racism, bigotry, prejudice, stereotyping, in this case they all mean the same.
If we are talking about acceptance and tolerance, shouldn't you accept and tolerate people who are bigots, prejudice, whatever other term you want to use?  After all, it is their beliefs.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-05-05 10:19:20)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6894|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

If we are talking about acceptance and tolerance, shouldn't you accept and tolerate people who are bigots, prejudice, whatever other term you want to use?  After all, it is their beliefs.
so usmarine2005 is what you are saying then is that we should of accepted and tolerated the Nazi's? people should tolerate the intolerant? People believed that the earth was flat so should we accept their beliefs?, same as people think we should accept the version of biblical creation because it is their belief that it is true?

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-05-05 10:38:08)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

IG-Calibre wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

so usmarine2005 is what you are saying then is that we should of accepted and tolerated the Nazi's? people should tolerate the intolerant?
If you pick and choose what you tolerate then you are intolerant.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

usmarine2005 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

so usmarine2005 is what you are saying then is that we should of accepted and tolerated the Nazi's? people should tolerate the intolerant?
If you pick and choose what you tolerate then you are intolerant.
care to explain how?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

IG-Calibre wrote:

care to explain how?
Because the Nazi's, per your example, thought they were right, and you think they were wrong.
Dragonclaw
+186|6457|Florida
I'm not racist, I hate all races including my own.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

There was a whole thread about Scientology, hell it even got stickied so people could rip and make fun of them.  Where was the cry for intolerance / stereotyping there?  Seems only intolerance applies to islam here.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

usmarine2005 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

care to explain how?
Because the Nazi's, per your example, thought they were right, and you think they were wrong.
No, not I singular - society has a whole has rejected what they mis-guidedly believed to be true, and they were crushed because of it.  People who are fascist are out voted i'm afraid, and they are not tolerated in much the same way child molestation is not accepted, or perhaps you think that should be tolerated as well?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6702|CH/BR - in UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That would be saying "accept ignorant, unintelligent shallow posts". We believe in true arguments. Generalizing, making racist comments and insulting people isn't part of our repertoire, sorry.

fadedsteve wrote:

The anti semitism on these forums is rampant. . . .

Its unreal how much you guys bag on Jews, Israel, and "zionists"!!

I swear it seems the Iranian government is editing people's posts/speaking for them. . . .
Funny how you relate Jews to Israel. If I critisize Israel I'm criticizing its policies and its government - and the people responsible for its existence. I might even be criticizing their army, but I definitely am not being antisemitic. I do dislike Zionists, as they are the ones responsible for the state of Israel and the misery that Palestine is in. Not all Zionists, admittedly, but my experience with Zionists has been extreme racism towards all Middle-Eastern countries, calling the Palestinians Nazis, and telling them to get off "their" land.

No anti-antisemitism here.

-konfusion
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6375|Escea

Can I just ask something, why is it that almost all users on the forum from Ireland seem to heavily dislike the Israelis or Jews. (I am not referring to everyone from Ireland)
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

konfusion wrote:

We believe in true arguments. Generalizing, making racist comments and insulting people isn't part of our repertoire, sorry.
lololololololol

usmarine2005 wrote:

There was a whole thread about Scientology, hell it even got stickied so people could rip and make fun of them.  Where was the cry for intolerance / stereotyping there?  Seems only intolerance applies to islam here.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

M.O.A.B wrote:

Can I just ask something, why is it that almost all users on the forum from Ireland seem to heavily dislike the Israelis or Jews. (I am not referring to everyone from Ireland)
Because of occupation - most Irish people are very sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinian peoples.

https://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/jan2005/job_well_done.jpg

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-05-05 10:55:53)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6375|Escea

Fair enough, but don't the Israelis have the right to a country? As far as can remember, the Israelis are mearly defending themselves, occupying another country to try and stop further action. They had to come from somewhere to begin with.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

M.O.A.B wrote:

Fair enough, but don't the Israelis have the right to a country? As far as can remember, the Israelis are mearly defending themselves, occupying another country to try and stop further action. They had to come from somewhere to begin with.
I suggest you search the forum it's been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere let's not derail this thread..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-05-05 10:58:06)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6702|CH/BR - in UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

konfusion wrote:

We believe in true arguments. Generalizing, making racist comments and insulting people isn't part of our repertoire, sorry.
lololololololol
Fine: we make mistakes too.

But you will not see me going around shouting out things like "redneck" or "republican" or "all priests are perverts" (in the case of seldom Christian story).
I never make racist comments unless it is in a joke. I occasionally make generalizations, but usually I target the main problem. I am not one of those "america sux" people. I think that Bush sucks, and some of the US policies are wrong or just downright useless.

In no way do we just label people and be done with our arguments. If I make a generalization, I try to back it up with a valid argument.

So please tell me, what's so funny about that?

-konfusion
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

konfusion wrote:

So please tell me, what's so funny about that?

-konfusion
The funny was pointing to a sticky designed for intolerance.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6917|Dallas
In reply to the OP,

No. 

I say no, because the people I am prejudice against deserve it as far as I'm concerned.  When it comes to personal opinion that choice is mine and mine alone.  When I come into a debate or a discussion on a forum, I am supposed to give reasons why I feel a certain way or side a certain way based on facts or logical reasons.  Now if I post something that is "racist" to you, you find it offensive because you don't believe in the same things, I on the other hand do believe in those things and find it offensive that you call me a bigot, racist, bad person for having them.  If I posted anything other than my true beliefs than I would be lying and that would negate the point of even being in the discussion to begin with, and if I stayed out because of my beliefs that would be discrimination in and of it's self because I was not allowed to participate in free and open discussion because of my beliefs.

So, until Muslims can stop blowing themselves up because the guy in the mosque has slightly different beliefs;

Until the black people can stop crying and whining about equality and racism but then practice bigotry and racism in their popular culture;

Until Mexicans can stop illegally crossing the border, then holding rallies bitching about how they are not equal (YOU'RE FUCKING ILLEGAL DUMBASS!!);

Until white people can stop being trailer trash redneck morons and child molesters;

Until Native Americans can stop being lazy assholes who trash up everything around them;

Then I'm going to hate all of you. 

Not to say everyone from every race is like this, but it takes a majority or close to a majority to develop a stereotypish generalization of these people.  If not, I really don't care, because like they say in the military, you're only as fast as your slowest person.

I could go into details about how I believe over the course of time, white people have been a dominant race, but you people would just call me a racist, Nazi or bigot or something, even though I'm not and I only make that conclusion from looking at the facts of history and the course it led history down to present day.  But whatever, there will always be a bleeding heart for the "less fortunate" or the "downtrodden" , for whom, I have no sympathy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

lol
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6375|Escea

He said it all, good work

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-05-05 12:20:02)

Dragonclaw
+186|6457|Florida

Cougar wrote:

In reply to the OP,

No. 

I say no, because the people I am prejudice against deserve it as far as I'm concerned.  When it comes to personal opinion that choice is mine and mine alone.  When I come into a debate or a discussion on a forum, I am supposed to give reasons why I feel a certain way or side a certain way based on facts or logical reasons.  Now if I post something that is "racist" to you, you find it offensive because you don't believe in the same things, I on the other hand do believe in those things and find it offensive that you call me a bigot, racist, bad person for having them.  If I posted anything other than my true beliefs than I would be lying and that would negate the point of even being in the discussion to begin with, and if I stayed out because of my beliefs that would be discrimination in and of it's self because I was not allowed to participate in free and open discussion because of my beliefs.

So, until Muslims can stop blowing themselves up because the guy in the mosque has slightly different beliefs;

Until the black people can stop crying and whining about equality and racism but then practice bigotry and racism in their popular culture;

Until Mexicans can stop illegally crossing the border, then holding rallies bitching about how they are not equal (YOU'RE FUCKING ILLEGAL DUMBASS!!);

Until white people can stop being trailer trash redneck morons and child molesters;

Until Native Americans can stop being lazy assholes who trash up everything around them;

Not to say everyone from every race is like this, but it takes a majority or close to a majority to develop a stereotypish generalization of these people.  If not, I really don't care, because like they say in the military, you're only as fast as your slowest person.

I could go into details about how I believe over the course of time, white people have been a dominant race, but you people would just call me a racist, Nazi or bigot or something, even though I'm not and I only make that conclusion from looking at the facts of history and the course it led history down to present day.  But whatever, there will always be a bleeding heart for the "less fortunate" or the "downtrodden" , for whom, I have no sympathy.
QFT!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

Cougar wrote:

In reply to the OP,

No. 

konfusion wrote:

This thread gets more and more funny as it grows.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard