Pigskinn
+5|6382
HunterOfSkulls:

You have just made my point.  LOL
7thcentury mind thought cannot live cohesively within any society.  Thanks for compound my point.

So what should happen to Europe, rather then give some blow hard, half ass response, explain yourself. You seem to know everything. 

Right -winger........ohhhh nooooo... what made you label as such. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Your commie pinko(bad thing) instructors have miss guided you.  Let me explain something to you, my young hermaphrodite.  Reality is what it is. Is that right. Is, is ,IS. That what you're telling me right?

Pigskinn

Last edited by Pigskinn (2007-05-07 21:32:21)

Pigskinn
+5|6382

theelviscerator wrote:

Well it won't be too hard to implement sharia law. They all have Ak's from birth, and you have is an uppity attitude to fight with.....lolz...
And especailly when the left is monkyed into thinking a law with in a law IS a goooood thing. Because it feeeeels goood.   Yaaaaaa

Pigskinn
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6293

Pigskinn wrote:

HunterOfSkulls:

7thcentury mind thought cannot live cohesively with a any society.  Thanks for compound my point.

So what should happen to Europe, rather then give some blow hard, half ass response, explain yourself. You seem to know everything. 

Right -winger........ohhhh nooooo... what made you label as such. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Your commie pinko(bad thing) instructors have miss guided you.  Let me explain something to you, my young hermaphrodite.  Reality is what it is. Is that right. Is, is ,IS. That what you're telling me right?

Pigskinn
I don't even know where to start. I guess the beginning is a good place.

I must've missed where you actually had a point. Normally I really avoid the grammar and spelling nazi thing but the way you spell, construct sentences, abuse punctuation like it's a red-headed stepchild and generally rape the English language in the ass with a jackhammer drenched in kerosene and studded with carpet tacks makes my frickin' head hurt. Whatever teachers you've had during your obviously remedial education should not only be fired but should be barred from ever teaching anything to any life form more complex in intelligence than a hamster under penalty of life imprisonment.

What your disjointed rambling bullshit fails to address is the reality that Sharia law being implemented in such a fashion as to supercede the common law of the European nations is only slightly more likely than you writing a best-selling novel or perhaps you getting laid by a woman who either doesn't feel the need to take a two-hour long shower afterwards or has to ask you if you're a cop before discussing what it's going to cost you. People who aren't Muslim aren't going to stand for being under Muslim religious laws. Hell, people who are Muslim can't even stand it, which is why better people than yourself end up in prisons in places like Iran or Saudi Arabia. You wanna be scared, go ahead, you and elviscerator can hide under the bed from the scaaary Muslims together.

Oh, and btw, "hermaphrodite"? Is that honestly the best you could come up with? Nevermind, obviously it is. I think it's pretty clear to almost everybody right now that you're playing in the wrong league with that shit. Learn to come up with your own material that consists of more than a two-word putdown, bone up on your grammar and spelling and then get back to me.

theelviscerator wrote:

Well it won't be too hard to implement sharia law. They all have Ak's from birth, and you have is an uppity attitude to fight with.....lolz...
Don't know who you've been getting your info from, but my "uppity attitude" is chambered for 12 gauge shells and typically gets fed double-ought buckshot or those nifty Hydra-shok sabot slugs when I feel like splurging. Oh, right, all us lefty librulz don't own guns, keep telling yourself that.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6542|Global Command

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Pigskinn wrote:

HunterOfSkulls:

7thcentury mind thought cannot live cohesively with a any society.  Thanks for compound my point.

Pigskinn

I must've missed where you actually had a point. Normally I really avoid the grammar and spelling nazi thing but the way you spell, construct sentences, abuse punctuation like it's a red-headed stepchild and generally rape the English language in the ass with a jackhammer drenched in kerosene and studded with carpet tacks makes my frickin' head hurt. Whatever teachers you've had during your obviously remedial education should not only be fired but should be barred from ever teaching anything to any life form more complex in intelligence than a hamster under penalty of life imprisonment.

What your disjointed rambling bullshit fails to address is the reality that Sharia law being implemented in such a fashion as to supercede the common law of the European nations is only slightly more likely than you writing a best-selling novel or perhaps you getting laid by a woman who either doesn't feel the need to take a two-hour long shower afterwards or has to ask you if you're a cop before discussing what it's going to cost you. People who aren't Muslim aren't going to stand for being under Muslim religious laws. Hell, people who are Muslim can't even stand it, which is why better people than yourself end up in prisons in places like Iran or Saudi Arabia. You wanna be scared, go ahead, you and elviscerator can hide under the bed from the scaaary Muslims together.

Oh, and btw, "hermaphrodite"? Is that honestly the best you could come up with? Nevermind, obviously it is. I think it's pretty clear to almost everybody right now that you're playing in the wrong league with that shit. Learn to come up with your own material that consists of more than a two-word putdown, bone up on your grammar and spelling and then get back to me.

theelviscerator wrote:

Don't know who you've been getting your info from, but my "uppity attitude" is chambered for 12 gauge shells and typically gets fed double-ought buckshot or those nifty Hydra-shok sabot slugs when I feel like splurging. Oh, right, all us lefty librulz don't own guns, keep telling yourself that.
QFE and LOL
Pigskinn
+5|6382

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Pigskinn wrote:

HunterOfSkulls:

Pigskinn

theelviscerator wrote:

WOW! - You have nothing to say other then personal attacks.   And cant even answer a fucking question.  LOL

Last edited by Pigskinn (2007-05-07 21:27:50)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

I swear, if I had a dime for every time some bedwetting self-castrated right-winger started trumpeting about the impending implementation of Sharia law in Europe...    ...well...    ...I'd have a lot of fucking dimes. It says a lot more about some peoples' wishful thinking regarding what they think should happen to Europe than it does about reality.
They created a phrase for it, "Sharia creep", and it is perfectly acceptable to use every time you hear the word Islamaphobe.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6723|Kangarooland
blame the mods and admins for racial overtones being allowed on the forums, not the users.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6293

Pigskinn wrote:

WOW! - You have nothing to say other then personal attacks.   And cant even answer a fucking question.  LOL
We both had personal attacks. I just showed you how it was done.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6855|Cologne, Germany

ozghost wrote:

blame the mods and admins for racial overtones being allowed on the forums, not the users.
strange logic you have there.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6778|Dallas
Here is an example as to why I am prejudice against black people.

I understand the whole slave, civil rights, cops beating black people, segregation, etc etc.  I understand how that could make someone bitter and I could understand how it could make someone not like another.  But, you also have to realize that no one alive today was or knew a slave and alot of the black community wasn't alive or old enough to really have been through the whole civil rights thing in the 50's and 60's (yes, I know there are still people alive and I'll get to that).

Now what it is that pisses me off is the fact that the black mans biggest hero, Martin Luther King Jr. preached equality and tolerance and if you talk to a black man that was old enough to have a sense of what was going on back then, most of the time they still hold true to that.  My beef is not with them.  My beef is with the newer generation that does NOT practice that equality of treatment but expect it from everyone.  You don't have to look far to see what I'm talking about, the whole Don Imus thing in my opinion was a load of shit.  A second rate comedic radio show host said something that, in comparison, really wasn't that bad.  The poor guy got ripped apart by the black community, chewed up, spit out and shit on for one sentence on one day of his crappy little radio show.

On the other side of that, go watch an old Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy stand up skit, better yet a Paul Mooney stand up skit, or listen to an Ice T or NWA record or watch any rap video on TV today.  Why are these people not apologizing to Billy Graham or something?  Because that would be ridiculas, almost as ridiculas as apologizing to, say, Al Sharpton?  I bet MLK Jr. rolls over in his grave every morning when Sharptons radio show comes on or every time a comedy skit from a black guy rolls off the air, because its usually the same thing, bashing white people.

But see, it's perfectly fine for black people to call me(a white male) a cracker, honkey, tralier trash, oppressor, slave trader, white hooded body snatcher, nazi, redneck etc even though I am not, which is wrong of them, but no one says anything of it, in fact if your black and you say those things you'll probably be rewarded with a record deal or your own comedy special. 

But white people on the other hand, have the goddamned gestapo watching us, surfing every channel, every radio station every magazine looking for one tiny, harmless little slip up so that we can be drawn and quartered in public and stoned to death by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and make the front page of CNN and the NY Times telling everyone what a racist sack of shit we are.  It's fucking bullshit.

As a white, middle classed, middle 20's male, I'm tired of carrying the burden I didn't commit, 300 years worth.  I'm tired of this hypocrisy and being guilty until proven innocent bullshit.  I'm sick of this hypocritical sub culture of political correctness that is supposed to make sure everyone is not offended but in the end only segregates the white people.  Equality means equality, not "here, it's your turn to be the assholes".

So there.  I stand up for myself, my brothers and my beliefs and I'm a goddamned racist.  A black man does the same thing and he's a martyr.  Fuck that and fuck you.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6771|Argentina

Cougar wrote:

I understand the whole slave, civil rights, cops beating black people, segregation, etc etc.  I understand how that could make someone bitter and I could understand how it could make someone not like another.  But, you also have to realize that no one alive today was or knew a slave and alot of the black community wasn't alive or old enough to really have been through the whole civil rights thing in the 50's and 60's (yes, I know there are still people alive and I'll get to that).

Now what it is that pisses me off is the fact that the black mans biggest hero, Martin Luther King Jr. preached equality and tolerance and if you talk to a black man that was old enough to have a sense of what was going on back then, most of the time they still hold true to that.  My beef is not with them.  My beef is with the newer generation that does NOT practice that equality of treatment but expect it from everyone.  You don't have to look far to see what I'm talking about, the whole Don Imus thing in my opinion was a load of shit.  A second rate comedic radio show host said something that, in comparison, really wasn't that bad.  The poor guy got ripped apart by the black community, chewed up, spit out and shit on for one sentence on one day of his crappy little radio show.

On the other side of that, go watch an old Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy stand up skit, better yet a Paul Mooney stand up skit, or listen to an Ice T or NWA record or watch any rap video on TV today.  Why are these people not apologizing to Billy Graham or something?  Because that would be ridiculas, almost as ridiculas as apologizing to, say, Al Sharpton?  I bet MLK Jr. rolls over in his grave every morning when Sharptons radio show comes on or every time a comedy skit from a black guy rolls off the air, because its usually the same thing, bashing white people.

But see, it's perfectly fine for black people to call me(a white male) a cracker, honkey, tralier trash, oppressor, slave trader, white hooded body snatcher, nazi, redneck etc even though I am not, which is wrong of them, but no one says anything of it, in fact if your black and you say those things you'll probably be rewarded with a record deal or your own comedy special. 

But white people on the other hand, have the goddamned gestapo watching us, surfing every channel, every radio station every magazine looking for one tiny, harmless little slip up so that we can be drawn and quartered in public and stoned to death by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and make the front page of CNN and the NY Times telling everyone what a racist sack of shit we are.  It's fucking bullshit.

As a white, middle classed, middle 20's male, I'm tired of carrying the burden I didn't commit, 300 years worth.  I'm tired of this hypocrisy and being guilty until proven innocent bullshit.  I'm sick of this hypocritical sub culture of political correctness that is supposed to make sure everyone is not offended but in the end only segregates the white people.  Equality means equality, not "here, it's your turn to be the assholes".

So there.  I stand up for myself, my brothers and my beliefs and I'm a goddamned racist.  A black man does the same thing and he's a martyr.  Fuck that and fuck you.
Well, I agree with you.  Some black dudes are racist with white people, latinos, etc.  But you should not judge all black people based on this minority of racists.  You should not judge them based on the stupid comments of Al Sharpton and Don Imus, they only promote more hatred.
You mentioned MLK.  He is an example of how you can fight for you rights without being a prick. 
You don't need to carry the burden of anything, you just should not have prejudice against the whole black community, just because some of them are racist pricks. 
The fuck you thing was a nice detail.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6778|Dallas

sergeriver wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Well, I agree with you.  Some black dudes are racist with white people, latinos, etc.  But you should not judge all black people based on this minority of racists.  You should not judge them based on the stupid comments of Al Sharpton and Don Imus, they only promote more hatred.
You mentioned MLK.  He is an example of how you can fight for you rights without being a prick. 
You don't need to carry the burden of anything, you just should not have prejudice against the whole black community, just because some of them are racist pricks. 
You overlooked this part:

Cougar wrote:

a black man that was old enough to have a sense of what was going on back then, most of the time they still hold true to that.  My beef is not with them.
Thats meant more as a universal statement of "don't be a jackass and I won't hate you".
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6771|Argentina

Cougar wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Cougar wrote:

You overlooked this part:

Cougar wrote:

a black man that was old enough to have a sense of what was going on back then, most of the time they still hold true to that.  My beef is not with them.
Thats meant more as a universal statement of "don't be a jackass and I won't hate you".
In other words, if someone is a racist you'll be a racist too just in retaliation.  That doesn't make you a better person than the racist you hate.  Hate the racist, not an entire community.  It seems to me you think most black people are racists.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6563|CH/BR - in UK

I can understand what Cougar means. Serge - you say it's a minority. Not from my experience, sadly. Although, I do have to admit, at my school I have seen more people who are white and wished they were black, than the stereotype that Cougar described above.

-konfusion
|BFC|Icenflame
+11|6490|Cape Town - South Africa
Racism ! ha I know this subject back and forth inside and OUT ! In fact I live in a country which was labeled for its Racist policies I know the affects of segregation first hand and Apartheid was done away with 10 years ago and our country still suffers from the repercussions of this i.e. a population mass of 42 million barely educated people.

I am part of the Minority group of 4 million odd whites left in South Africa and I've stayed to help out and do what ever I can to help the country grow and move past the trappings of old!

But I would like to say that racism is passed on through family and what you learn as a kid. Hell there are people in ZA that are still so racist they don't let their black workers ride in the front of the bakie (pickup Truck) with them. The repercussions of racism are server and no once should be subjected to being classed just because of the color of your skin...

Its all good to generalize and be a racist but what if the shoe was on the other foot and you where at the other end of the stick as it where would you feel ok about it and just deal with it? I think not!
Society is being driven by fear and the unknown we class thing into groups because it makes us feel better and in more control of things.

We point figures at religious groups and generalize because its easier that accepting people for who they are and what they are. What people don't know and understand they fear!

White people in South Africa face ever increasing pressure from government business are forced to comply with the AA Act (Affirmative Action) what is affirmative action well legislation was passed stating that all business that deal with government need to have a specific quota of Black people as managers, directors etc.

I'm quite liberal and I understand the need for black people to enter into the educated labor force this doesn't mean I haven't felt the affects of Affirmative action I've been passed up on two promotions based on the color of my skin because the company could not meet the quota.

This is not a great feeling and for once as a white person i understood racism and how it felt to be out cast and worth nothing in the eyes of your employer. I hold no grudges but i do know the feeling of rejection its not nice at all and this made me realize that no one deserves to be treated differently just because of the color of their skin.

Its ok though one day America will have a black president and all the red neck back country inbred hicks won't know what hit them... hehe not to sure if their are many of them left in the states though they all fighting in Iraq.

But on a more serious note racism is for people with a weak character and little understanding of others and its for the ignorant.
grimreapere
+1|6246
whites hates blacks
black hate everybody thinks since slavery we owe them everything
in general everyone hates everyone when it comes down to it
in the last couple of years
alot of racism are toward whites.......anything whites do tend to be racist
blacks need to stop having babies and get off the welfare program and get a damn job
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6778|Dallas

grimreapere wrote:

blacks need to stop having babies and get off the welfare program and get a damn job
QUICK!!!  SOMEONE CALL AL SHARPTON!!!
Dersmikner
+147|6511|Texas
Reverse racism is very easy to see and prove:

The many firings for racially insensitive comments by whites include Don Imus, Howard Cosell, Al Campanis, et al.

Charles Barkley on TNT: "I hate White People." Still hasn't lost his job.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

grimreapere wrote:

Noob. 

White versus Black welfare recipients (AFDC below as an example) is about the same.  But considering the fact that there are more whites than blacks, do the math.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/HSP/AFDC/baseline/3 … istics.pdf
Page 13.

Distribution of AFDC Families by Race of Parent

White
African-American
Hispanic
Asian
Native-American
Unknown

1983........... 36.5 38.3 10.5 1.3 0.9 12.6
1984........... 36.6 36.7 10.7 1.8 0.9 3.9
1985........... 40.8 41.6 13.6 2.4 1.2 2.2
1986........... 39.7 40.7 14.4 2.3 1.3 1.4
1987........... 38.8 39.8 15.5 2.6 1.3 2.0
1988........... 38.8 39.8 15.7 2.4 1.4 1.9
1989........... 38.4 40.1 15.9 2.7 1.3 1.5
1990........... 38.1 39.7 16.6 2.8 1.3 1.5
1991........... 38.1 38.8 17.4 2.8 1.3 1.6
1992........... 38.9 37.2 17.8 2.8 1.4 2.0
1993........... 38.3 36.6 18.5 2.9 1.3 2.2
1994........... 37.4 36.4 19.9 2.9 1.3 2.1
1995........... 35.6 37.2 20.7 3.0 1.3 2.2
1996........... 35.9 37.2 20.7 3.0 1.3 2.2
1997........... 34.5 37.3 22.5 3.3 1.3 1.1
1998........... 32.7 39.0 22.2 3.4 1.5 1.3
1999........... 30.5 38.3 24.5 3.6 1.5 1.6

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/leavers99/race.htm#fig1

Table 4
Employment Rates One Quarter After Exit from Welfare, by Race   
Georgia 1997
Arizona 1996Q4
Arizona 1998Q1
Missouri 1996Q4
Cuyahoga 1996Q3
Illinois July 97 – Dec 98

White 51.1 55.3 51.8 54.3 49.3 55.9
African-American 70.6 66.3 57.8 64.7 65.4 53.2
Hispanic -- 65.0 56.8 -- 41.8 53.2

Median Earnings One Quarter After Exit from Welfare, by Race
Arizona 1996Q4
Arizona 1998Q1
Cuyahoga 1996Q3
Missouri 1996Q4
Wisconsin July 95 – July 96

White $2,232 $2,082 $2,112 $1,856 $2,185
African-American $2,598 $2,229 $2,772 $2,225 $2,649
Hispanic $2,372 $2,006 $3,188 -- $2,594

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-05-08 10:55:38)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6418|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

I swear, if I had a dime for every time some bedwetting self-castrated right-winger started trumpeting about the impending implementation of Sharia law in Europe...    ...well...    ...I'd have a lot of fucking dimes. It says a lot more about some peoples' wishful thinking regarding what they think should happen to Europe than it does about reality.
They created a phrase for it, "Sharia creep", and it is perfectly acceptable to use every time you hear the word Islamaphobe.
Sharia creep sounds like a better term for someone who supports Sharia law.
Turquoise
O Canada

Ilocano wrote:

grimreapere wrote:

Noob. 

White versus Black welfare recipients (AFDC below as an example) is about the same.  But considering the fact that there are more whites than blacks, do the math.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/HSP/AFDC/baseline/3 … istics.pdf
Page 13.

Distribution of AFDC Families by Race of Parent

White
African-American
Hispanic
Asian
Native-American
Unknown

1983........... 36.5 38.3 10.5 1.3 0.9 12.6
1984........... 36.6 36.7 10.7 1.8 0.9 3.9
1985........... 40.8 41.6 13.6 2.4 1.2 2.2
1986........... 39.7 40.7 14.4 2.3 1.3 1.4
1987........... 38.8 39.8 15.5 2.6 1.3 2.0
1988........... 38.8 39.8 15.7 2.4 1.4 1.9
1989........... 38.4 40.1 15.9 2.7 1.3 1.5
1990........... 38.1 39.7 16.6 2.8 1.3 1.5
1991........... 38.1 38.8 17.4 2.8 1.3 1.6
1992........... 38.9 37.2 17.8 2.8 1.4 2.0
1993........... 38.3 36.6 18.5 2.9 1.3 2.2
1994........... 37.4 36.4 19.9 2.9 1.3 2.1
1995........... 35.6 37.2 20.7 3.0 1.3 2.2
1996........... 35.9 37.2 20.7 3.0 1.3 2.2
1997........... 34.5 37.3 22.5 3.3 1.3 1.1
1998........... 32.7 39.0 22.2 3.4 1.5 1.3
1999........... 30.5 38.3 24.5 3.6 1.5 1.6

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/leavers99/race.htm#fig1

Table 4
Employment Rates One Quarter After Exit from Welfare, by Race   
Georgia 1997
Arizona 1996Q4
Arizona 1998Q1
Missouri 1996Q4
Cuyahoga 1996Q3
Illinois July 97 – Dec 98

White 51.1 55.3 51.8 54.3 49.3 55.9
African-American 70.6 66.3 57.8 64.7 65.4 53.2
Hispanic -- 65.0 56.8 -- 41.8 53.2

Median Earnings One Quarter After Exit from Welfare, by Race
Arizona 1996Q4
Arizona 1998Q1
Cuyahoga 1996Q3
Missouri 1996Q4
Wisconsin July 95 – July 96

White $2,232 $2,082 $2,112 $1,856 $2,185
African-American $2,598 $2,229 $2,772 $2,225 $2,649
Hispanic $2,372 $2,006 $3,188 -- $2,594
I'm so gonna get flamed for saying this, but it's really the Hispanics who need to slow down their population growth.  Indians should cut down on their growth as well, but thankfully, their rapid growth doesn't really affect America yet.

It's all about birth control and using protection.  Having two kids is more than enough for one household.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

Turquoise wrote:

I'm so gonna get flamed for saying this, but it's really the Hispanics who need to slow down their population growth.  Indians should cut down on their growth as well, but thankfully, their rapid growth doesn't really affect America yet.

It's all about birth control and using protection.  Having two kids is more than enough for one household.
You can't really blame recent Hispanics for large families, especially when you come from countries with high mortality rates to a country where life expectancy is much higher.  But give it a few generations, anecdotally speaking, Hispanic families once established, do have less children. 

My son's three close Hispanic classmate's families own there own successful businesses, but each has only two or three children.  I have only two boys, yet I'm a naturalized citizen.  I want the best for all my children.  But my wife and I know that for them to have as much chance as possible, we need to have as many children as we can afford/manage on our own.  We want to send them both to the best colleges.  My eldest is taking Kumon for acceleration.  He attends Private School.  For poorer folks, more kids means more hands to help the family, hoping at least one or two can go to college.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-05-08 14:38:10)

Turquoise
O Canada

Ilocano wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

You can't really blame recent Hispanics for large families, especially when you come from countries with high mortality rates to a country where life expectancy is much higher.  But give it a few generations, anecdotally speaking, Hispanic families once established, do have less children. 

My son's three close Hispanic classmate's families own there own successful businesses, but each has only two or three children.  I have only two boys, yet I'm a naturalized citizen.  I want the best for all my children.  But my wife and I know that for them to have as much chance as possible, we need to have as many children as we can afford/manage on our own.  We want to send them both to the best colleges.  My eldest is taking Kumon for acceleration.  He attends Private School.  For poorer folks, more kids means more hands to help the family, hoping at least one or two can go to college.
Good points.  The dramatic change in living conditions between Mexico and America are sure to change the familial priorities of our Mexican immigrants and their descendants.

I guess what bothers me is that the rapid wave of immigration coming from Mexico in particular seems to slowly drag down wages, so that the standard of living here begins to move down to where Mexico is.

I figure in the next 20 to 30 years, there won't be much of a difference between some bordering regions of America and Mexico.  Some would say this is already happening.  It's not the racial makeup of these regions that bothers me -- it's the poverty.  I don't have a problem with Mexicans as people or with their culture (except for certain Catholic views), but it worries me to see how our social and healthcare systems are being weighed down.

Maybe it's being naive, but I'm hoping America can remain a First World country, instead of becoming a Second World one....
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

Turquoise wrote:

I figure in the next 20 to 30 years, there won't be much of a difference between some bordering regions of America and Mexico.  Some would say this is already happening.  It's not the racial makeup of these regions that bothers me -- it's the poverty.  I don't have a problem with Mexicans as people or with their culture (except for certain Catholic views), but it worries me to see how our social and healthcare systems are being weighed down.

Maybe it's being naive, but I'm hoping America can remain a First World country, instead of becoming a Second World one....
Have you ever been to San Diego's South County, near the San Ysidro border crossing?  Plenty of upscale master planned communities, on both sides of the border.  Plenty of legal Mexicans who cross the border every day to work on the US side, but live on the Mexican side.  Plenty of weathly Mexicans who own property on both sides of the border.  Plenty of US Citizens who live on the Mexican side because of lower housing costs.  When things are done right, aka the legal way, things just work out great. 

But when you add illegals into the equation, well, things buckle...
Turquoise
O Canada

Ilocano wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Have you ever been to San Diego's South County, near the San Ysidro border crossing?  Plenty of upscale master planned communities, on both sides of the border.  Plenty of legal Mexicans who cross the border every day to work on the US side, but live on the Mexican side.  Plenty of weathly Mexicans who own property on both sides of the border.  Plenty of US Citizens who live on the Mexican side because of lower housing costs.  When things are done right, aka the legal way, things just work out great. 

But when you add illegals into the equation, well, things buckle...
Agreed...  When the laws we have are actually enforced, the system tends to work.  I just think we need to improve border security, deport illegals, and prosecute employers of illegals.

With consistent enforcement of labor laws, poverty does become less of an issue.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard