FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
This is for all the tea fans out there, as i am tired, but loving my brew.

1)Boil kettle (essential)
2)Warm mug up, by swilling hot water in it.
3)Add tea bag, and slowly pour boiled water in mug.
4)Let it brew for 2-3 minutes, until tea is a dark colour
5)Remove tea bag, strain it as it comes out
6)Add sugar, if you intend on doing so (2 for me please)
7)Stir, 4 times clockwise, and once anticlockwise (for luck)
8)Pour in desired amount of milk, preferably full fat. Repeat stirring procedure

(optional) 9) If suffering from flu, or just want to alter the taste, add half a shot of a good whisky into the brew, and stir again. (my choice is a old bottle of Jamesons)

There you have it! fatherted13's guide to a perfect brew.

(post any alternative methods, but give mine a go)

https://www.toughshed.com/catalog/images/mug1.jpg
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

stfu dougal

ps nice tips
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

For me it all depends on the type of tea and the way it's done.

Twinings Earl Grey
Twinings Irish Breakfast
Twinings Lady Grey
Twinings Green Tea

Are the main tea drinks I have. For Earl Grey made from teabags, I use milk. For Earl Grey made from my coffee maker/tea maker/drink maker machine thing, I skip the milk. Irish I have without milk, same with Lady. Green I lightly sweeten, no milk.

I hear that milk cancels the antioxidant properties of black tea, which is why I try to skip it. Also, I sweeten with one or two packets of Splenda.  Speaking of tea I need some Lady Grey and some Red Tea.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Hurricane wrote:

Twinings Earl Grey
Twinings Irish Breakfast
Twinings Lady Grey
Twinings Green Tea

Are the main tea drinks I have. For Earl Grey made from teabags, I use milk. For Earl Grey made from my coffee maker/tea maker/drink maker machine thing, I skip the milk. Irish I have without milk, same with Lady. Green I lightly sweeten, no milk.

I hear that milk cancels the antioxidant properties of black tea, which is why I try to skip it. Also, I sweeten with one or two packets of Splenda.  Speaking of tea I need some Lady Grey and some Red Tea.
Jesus hurri, never had you down for a tea drinker.

Atm, im brewing with a Castleton Dajeeling i bought from Waitrose yestarday. Good stuff.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6660|South West England
As said above, mainly depends on my mood, alertness in the mornings or the type of tea.

Generaly i just cobble it together my way, and to top off the cliche, make 2 crumpets as well
okashii
+34|6530|I'm form Poland and I hate it
ok here's a tip for a good coffee :
1. boil water
2. get a cup or a mug but not too big
3. add 2 spoons of coffee <well grinned preferably> + 2 spoons of sugar + 1 spoon of milk <it can be water if you hate milk>
(the amount of ingredients is important cuz it can't be too watery)
4. now the magic part :  stir it until it changes the colour to light <creamy-yellow>
5. when the water stops boiling let it cool for a minute
6. pour hot water <half of cup> ,stir , fill the rest of the cup with milk <or hot water only>

enjoy
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

okashii wrote:

ok here's a tip for a good coffee :
1. boil water
2. get a cup or a mug but not too big
3. add 2 spoons of coffee <well grinned preferably> + 2 spoons of sugar + 1 spoon of milk <it can be water if you hate milk>
(the amount of ingredients is important cuz it can't be too watery)
4. now the magic part :  stir it until it changes the colour to light <creamy-yellow>
5. when the water stops boiling let it cool for a minute
6. pour hot water <half of cup> ,stir , fill the rest of the cup with milk <or hot water only>

enjoy
Please don't pollute my pure tea thread, with you're horrible drink. kthxbi
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Killya
+4|6293
2-3 minutes is way too short for me, I like 10 or so.  Twinings is the way to go, been in business for 300+ years, have to be doing something right there.
okashii
is "brew" only used in connection with tea ?

what's a "kthxbi" ?

Last edited by okashii (2007-05-03 15:49:10)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Killya wrote:

2-3 minutes is way too short for me, I like 10 or so.  Twinings is the way to go, been in business for 300+ years, have to be doing something right there.
Yeh i used to super 10 mins brewing, but found the tea that lil bit too cold, and i don't like topping it up with more water. If you get good teabags, the tea blends pretty quick anyway.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Microwave
_
+515|6657|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

fatherted13 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Twinings Earl Grey
Twinings Irish Breakfast
Twinings Lady Grey
Twinings Green Tea

Jesus hurri, never had you down for a tea drinker.

Atm, im brewing with a Castleton Dajeeling i bought from Waitrose yestarday. Good stuff.
I work at Waitrose...lolz!

How old are you ted?! I've been wondering....
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6660|South West England

okashii wrote:

If you have a method to brew booze at home thats affordable, by all means, I emplore you to share this technique lol
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

james@alienware wrote:

How old are you ted?! I've been wondering....
17. Nearly 18. Been drinking tea as long as i can remember now, cant go without it in the mornings or before bed
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HeimdalX
+37|6652

okashii wrote:

what's a "kthxbi" ?
you don't "brew" instant coffee, thats for sure
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6600|S.C.
Ah yes, I prefer PG Tips.
*We need a sympathetic mod that will use the banstick on people who use the C word*
okashii
If you have a method to brew booze at home thats affordable, by all means, I emplore you to share this technique lol
sorry I don't drink alcohol...unless of course Im offered a shot of properly served, good quality absinth - then I can't say no
okashii

mikeyb118 wrote:

*We need a sympathetic mod that will use the banstick on people who use the C word*
yeah - crucify me just because I wanted to contribute something and I haven't realised that this is a tea only topic - real nice
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Personally, I like Assam. That's some good tea.

Mmmmm tea....    How would I get through the day without it?
okashii
To be honest <and I know Im gonna get flamed for this big time > I really like Nes-tea <peach>
it's like the main thing I drink since like a year...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

okashii wrote:

To be honest <and I know Im gonna get flamed for this big time > I really like Nes-tea <peach>
Not gona flame you. Shoot you, yes.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Thats a good method for tea bags. However I use actual tea, meaning I put the tea in the pot, built in strainer at, pour the water in, let it sit for 4 mins, pour into warm mug, add sugar and milk.

I use half earl grey half assam. Great mix.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6751|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts
I usually dip my teebaggs ever so softly....errrr..hmm...nevermind.  Different thread.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

okashii wrote:

Bah, Nestea and Snapple taste great because they've got a boatload of sugar in them. I don't know if they have it where you live, but look for a brand called Honest Tea. All their stuff is organic, real tea. They've got all sorts of varieties, and their sweetest drink is something like 20g of sugar. Far better than a Snapple Green Tea.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
I'm jumping straight to the shot, sick or not.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Stingray24 wrote:

I'm jumping straight to the shot, sick or not.
Good call.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard