omg! Buck_McCoy
+0|6774|Germany
I just looked through all the topics in the "improvements" section and couldn´t find a topic about new game modes. What i am thinking is: There is an option in the serverbrowser allowing you to filter "conquest" servers or to choose "all" which is actually the same as there is only the conquest mode. I would like to play other ones like "Team king of the hill", Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch or perhaps something like the modes counterstrike offered, for example: one team has to blow up strategic targets with c4, the other one defends. In The next round the attacking team becomes the defense and the other way round. It became somehow a bit boring to play conquest over and over again. I would like to know your opinions/ideas concerning this issue.

Last edited by omg! Buck_McCoy (2005-12-09 21:16:48)

^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6799|Long Beach, CA
Sounds like a great idea to mix things up.  I started with CS so objective based maps would be kool!
Ptfo
REDTEAM
Banned
+0|6723|Pleasanton,CA
Yes CS with tank
just what I want
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
YES to more game modes

NO to anything resembling CS.

get creative!
how about helo racing, through hoops placed midair?
NamelessMarine
+0|6736
Do they even have other game modes besides Conquest?  Thats all I've ever seen.
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6774
greatest game mode ever:  capture the flag   like in Operation flashpoint
uk_japeye
+10|6715|UK
teamkill, so all the n00bs can get together and enjoy themselves
Deedubya
+-2|6802|The Seventh Circle of Hell
I like CTF....Tribes was wonderful for that mode of gameplay...too bad not many games make use of it anymore.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6778|Long Island
Yea, CTF is needed.  I really miss BF1942 CTF.  It was sooooooooooo fun.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'm not a big fan of Deathmatch nor CTF however would enjoy a connected Supply Line capture mode. One in which you have to capture one flag point before you can capture another flag point. This created choke points and very heated battles over strategic locations. For those that have played UT2004 this is the mode I am wanting for BF2.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I'm actually okay with just conquest.
The games in Battlefield 2 differ so much, you never ever have the same game twice, (unless you're a veichle whore on the same scale as "Planewhore" or "23MM".) and to keep a bit of realism, (not too much,) maybe games like CTF shouldn't happen.
However, the games where you have to destroy specific items as suggested would be a good idea. Still, I think only conquest servers should be ranked.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6729|Australia
Remember the old Battle of Britain?

Learn something from that map

You could have a No Fly Zone map
and
You can have a demolitions map where 1 team has to destroy a target of the other's
RebelSoldier
+0|6778
desert-conflict.org is bringing back the good stuff from '42. they have a ctf mod (ive played it, kicks butt go download it now) and they're making/made the old 'el alamein' map, and im sure they're gonna continue bringing old maps to bf2, so drop by their site sometime and check out their stuff
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6782|Texas
You know, I bet they planned on making other modes of play but got rushed in the production and just put it out with several conquest modes.  I mean, why not just call them Assault or Head on.  Why add the Conquest: before it?
omg! Buck_McCoy
+0|6774|Germany
Alright, so to sum up: Most people would at least like to try out a new mode and so most people would appreciate something like that. Unfortunately there is nothing like that to come from EA i guess...
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6705|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
How about you let bf2 be a seperate game from all the rest? You are all trying to make it like other games you like, so go play those. Just deal with that there is..Make the game into your own game mode, ie. Ctf...go around seeing how many flags you can capture yourself; for the counter strike one, be MEC on say karkand or any other map, and try and destroy their artillery UAV and radar.

Make the game work for you
XBoughtonX
+2|6823|North Texas
Assult like UT2004 has... objectives to meet to move to the next target... Ex: blow the generator to open the main gates, get into the compound, blow the computers, opens the next objective, take over man base...

my fav
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
bf2 has the potential for completely different gamemodes than the standard dm/tdm/ctf. we should be trying to come up with innovative things instead of asking for the same crap we've all played a million times already. some mod makers are doing this, but vanilla bf2 should have had at least one alternative to conquest.

i would have liked to see the RTS side of the game get fleshed out more. a more involved resource system, perhaps.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

RebelSoldier wrote:

desert-conflict.org is bringing back the good stuff from '42. they have a ctf mod (ive played it, kicks butt go download it now) and they're making/made the old 'el alamein' map, and im sure they're gonna continue bringing old maps to bf2, so drop by their site sometime and check out their stuff
Sad part is desert combat has 6 classes while bf2 has 7, I wonder what desert confilct is gonna do because of that now and I think that special forces was planned to have that idea for objectives guys, they even planned to allow you to get higher up in rank too(sorry I didn't type to forum: more ranks the usmc way).
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Krisgebis
+4|6627|Denmark
2 Gamemodes i would love and I seriously think they should consider implementing have already been mentioned, and they are.

1. Assault (from UT), would work great in a more realistic setting, like BF2 compared to UT. And they are also alot of fun, makes for some insanely intense combat around the objectives. And not just some people sneaking away from the action to capture a flag, miles away from the fighting.

2. Onslaught (UT2004). Making the flags to be cappeable in a specific order. More routes to take of course, or even server customizable (like UT2004), would also prevent people from just driver to the furthest back of the map and take a flag no one was anyway near.

I think both these modes would be fun in BF2, I see them fitting in pretty well.
omg! Buck_McCoy
+0|6774|Germany
You can for example take a look at the 4on4 infantry ladder in the Electronic Sports League. Its game mode is flag-by-flag (or advance and secure, onslaught or however you want to call it). I played flag by flag several times already and it´s really fun!
jjrp02
+18|6647|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
racing with DPV's would be cool...

or some cap the flag Halo 2 style....

or a "tag" style game where two guys that are "it" are in an attack chopper
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

IGI 2 had a good implementation of assault mode.

Demo's example: plant virus, steal documents, and sabotage the factory while the other team tries to stop you.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-09 11:18:45)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6761
All modes below would be unranked, obviously.

----------

Definately a "fixed flag" deathmatch mode. Each team would get 1 or 2 (for 32 or 64 player maps) uncaps. There would be 1-5 neutrals. Capturing a neutral gives you no points, but allows you to use vehicles and turrets there.

Instead of normal capture the flag, you have to take your flag to the enemy base. This stops snipers basecamping.

A couple of racing levels definately, which could run ground and air races simultaneously. The races would start 1 min into the game, and reset every 5 mins or so. All races would be combat, of course. A hummer might be more valuble than a FAV as it can shoot backwards, but it isnt as fast... And helicopters would all be transport. Plenty of antitanks/engineers in the back.

"Every squad for itself" mode - basically 10 teams of 6. Each squad gets a paradrop base - after that its all out deathmatch. Various maps with no vehicles, land vheicles, sea vehcles and of, course, Blackhawk wars! Each squad leader spawns in a blackhawk.

Deathmatch elimination - 3 lives each - you get a life back up to a maximum of 5 if you kill someone. Nice small maps for quick rounds.

Deathmatch points - first to a point limit.

No unlocks mode - Does what it says on the tin. No overdoe of G36Es and PKMs, just the standard weapons.

Carrier wars - US and Chinese carriers - obviously we'd need some real boats (ie, faster with guns). You can either capture the carrier room by room or blow it up from inside and out (as in Battlefront 2).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard