Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6625|United States of America
https://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/042707_training.jpg

I get so sick of the stupid media pictures of these whacked out mentally retarded religious zealots jumping through fiery hoops and doing the monkey bars with a caption underneath that states something like " Hamas trains for war " or " Al Quida prepares for next attack ".  How is a person supposed to take their enemy serious when there is footage of them hopping around in the desert like a bunch of half wit sand monkeys chanting to their god.

Why does the media use these made for media propaganda photos and videos?  Doesn't it make it painfully obvious to everyone that the media is doing exactly what the terrorist groups want them to do when they are using staged videos and pictures provided by the enemy to report on events?  Isn't this aiding the enemy?  50 years ago congress would have been throwing Network Executives in prison for the propaganda reporting they do for the enemy, but today they site it as reasons why they support America's enemies.  What kind of wacky world do we live in.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
Your point?  They use staged videos of US armed forces too.  It's what they do, they show what they have.  Until they get an undercover reporter into one of the camps, they'll show what's released.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
topal63
. . .
+533|6688

Major_Spittle wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_imag … aining.jpg

I get so sick of the stupid media pictures of these whacked out mentally retarded religious zealots jumping through fiery hoops and doing the monkey bars with a caption underneath that states something like " Hamas trains for war " or " Al Quida prepares for next attack ".  How is a person supposed to take their enemy serious when there is footage of them hopping around in the desert like a bunch of half wit sand monkeys chanting to their god.

Why does the media use these made for media propaganda photos and videos?  Doesn't it make it painfully obvious to everyone that the media is doing exactly what the terrorist groups want them to do when they are using staged videos and pictures provided by the enemy to report on events?  Isn't this aiding the enemy?  50 years ago congress would have been throwing Network Executives in prison for the propaganda reporting they do for the enemy, but today they site it as reasons why they support America's enemies.  What kind of wacky world do we live in.
I don't know, but it seems like a good thing to me (IMO). It makes the so-called terrorist "masterminds" look like total "idiots." Now how can that be all bad.
Major_Spittle
Banned

Bubbalo wrote:

Your point?  They use staged videos of US armed forces too.  It's what they do, they show what they have.  Until they get an undercover reporter into one of the camps, they'll show what's released.
That terrorist groups should not get free media advertisements in the US.  We are at war with them.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
You do know that news is different to propaganda?
Major_Spittle
Banned
Do you know that when news is staged with pictures from terrorist organizations it is propaganda.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

topal63 wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

I don't know, but it seems like a good thing to me (IMO). It makes the so-called terrorist "masterminds" look like total "idiots." Now how can that be all bad.
People like idiots (Look at reality TV).

Terrorist propaganda sells.  And so does the fear that showing that sort of stuff induces on the average person.

edit:  But I do love the flaming terrorist obstacle course.  That's a great picture.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-27 10:53:26)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6601|USA

Major_Spittle wrote:

Do you know that when news is staged with pictures from terrorist organizations it is propaganda.
I really did like the video of al zarkawi where he could not fire a m-249 and his sycophant burned his hand on a hot barrel.  That was funny!
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA

Major_Spittle wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

That terrorist groups should not get free media advertisements in the US.  We are at war with them.
It's called freedom of speech. It is a fundamental right of our country. If we give up that right (i.e. censor the media) then the terrorists will have made a bigger impact on us than showing a few of their videos.
topal63
. . .
+533|6688

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

I get so sick of the stupid media pictures of these whacked out mentally retarded religious zealots jumping through fiery hoops and doing the monkey bars with a caption underneath that states something like " Hamas trains for war " or " Al Quida prepares for next attack ". ...
People like idiots (Look at reality TV).

Terrorist propaganda sells.  And so does the fear that showing that sort of stuff induces on the average person.

edit:  But I do love the flaming terrorist obstacle course.  That's a great picture.
Reality TV - OMG, the picture, it almost makes me think "Survivor Al Qaeda" who will be blown up this week?

I don't know, but things operate in cycles, this is all (part of the media) fashion now. It's selling something (mostly fear)? I just wonder when this propaganda will fall out of fashion (with the media).

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-27 11:02:51)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

iLol'd. That picture is great.
Major_Spittle
Banned

Psycho wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

It's called freedom of speech. It is a fundamental right of our country. If we give up that right (i.e. censor the media) then the terrorists will have made a bigger impact on us than showing a few of their videos.
I fear a lack of support for our country's best interests by the media and congress more than I do a group of Circus show terrorists running around in the sand.  The lack of concern over the US media putting the Islamo terrorist groups on the same level as a country's military that is defending the civilians that the terrorist blow up day after day is really what scares me in all this reporting.  Congress can and should do something about this, obviously many in America are confused as to the difference in a military killing terrorists and terrorist killing civilians.  This is clearly evident in how the US gets blamed for all the civilian death in Iraq and the terrorists don't even get an honorable mention.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2007-04-27 11:12:48)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
They are a rather laughable bunch though.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/27/saudi.arrests/index.html

damn media!!!
That isn't the kind of article spittle is complaining about as it is news and not terrorist propaganda videos.
l41e
+677|6618

Major_Spittle wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So we'll just bury our heads in the sand and not cover anything that we disagree with. Great idea.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6617|Peoria
The media is the lifeblood of terrorism. As long as their is television, internet, radio, and newspaper, there will be terrorism.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Major_Spittle wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

This is what I've been saying for ages. Media attention is what terrorists want. the whole notion of a high profile war on terror is therefore fundamentally flawed, even before you consider how a war on terror isn't even really possible.

There should be little to no media coverage about terrorism. I don't care whether it's in the public interest to hear about it or not.

The way the whole war on terror campaign has been handled is baffling to me. Surely if they really wanted to conduct a war on terror the best way to do it would be with as low a profile as possible. It seems very much like the war on terror is just being used as a sort of public control through fear, much like the internal and external enemies that tyrants often seek to unite their people against.
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6197
Spittle you do realize you're hyping the terrorists right now? I wouldn't have known of the fire hoop part of terrorist training if not for you.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

We need to recruit some circus folk to counter these particular assholes, wait till they see the great Giuseppi being fired through a flaming hoop wielding Dealges
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
What a dumb title.

Not much of a terrorist if you can't get any attention.  Seriously, where does bf2s dig up these people?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Major_Spittle wrote:

It's rare when it happens, but I actually agree with you for the most part.

It reminds me of how that Cho guy at VA Tech made a video of himself for posthumous release after killing those people.

A network executive with any scruples wouldn't air the video of Cho or release weird shoots of terrorists in training.  Although, I think you'll find that, more often than not, it's Al Jazeera that is more cozy in its relations with extremists than any American media source.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado
I loved the one where the terrorist leader couldn't load his S.A.W without the help of his friend.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

Major_Spittle wrote:

How is a person supposed to take their enemy serious when there is footage of them hopping around in the desert like a bunch of half wit sand monkeys
I dunno, how are we supposed to take the Coalition troops seriously when YouTube is full of footage of them hopping around in the desert like a bunch of half-witted sandmonkeys?

I think the desert does wierd things to people.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532

Major_Spittle wrote:

Not if they're presenting footage from both sides.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard