Slickfish
+24|6621
What do you guys think??

The LMG's are rubbish now, for me they have started the f*ck up patch's, just as they did with bf2 due to smirf's crying.

There was nothing wrong with the LMG's, im not to fussed about the turrets and clays as they arn't primary weapons, but to cripple a class like this is a joke.

You may flame saying your ace im a noob adapt etc etc. but in 5hr's play since the patch I can count the amount of time's I've fell to a LMG on one hand!!, they used to be a force in the game now they are a joke, I have own'd support guys with a pistol, a pistol WTF!!, they need to go prone for 3seconds to be able to hit anything other than a titan. I now find the Ganz much better and that sucks.

Unless you set a trap and wait for people to run into it you get own'd, pointless!.

I hope some of the people who moaned now start to complain about no-one bothering to be support and them running out of ammo!, f*ckin noobs.

STOP MOANING about the game's physics and play.

This game is heading toward the same sh*t as bf2, ultimate nerf's, lets nerf the titan guns so they fire silly string...........FFS.

Just afer thoughts, how have you guys found it, to me if you never play support there little difference, im glad I got gold support prior to this.

Rant over.

Last edited by Slickfish (2007-04-27 05:59:12)

Buzerk1
+44|6834
Look at it as an opportunity to explore other kits... And I owned Support @ close range with a pistol before the patch, nothing new there. Pistol are really good since 1.20, you may have just discovered that.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6602|Cambridge UK
I think "killing" the game is a little strong, however i've had one game since the patch and i did notice a big drop in accuracy. I suppose though if you want to be able to run around on the front line then you should be using the assault class...

Maybe support should be camping with their guns, hopefully i'll find a way round it soon, otherwise getting my gold support service badge could take a while!!
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden
Might be the perfect opportunity to try out the clark.

I'm crap with it but perhaps this is the nudge I need to start practicing with it.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6730|Germany, near Koblenz
Luckily I have all the gold affected by this "patch" allready.
Slickfish
+24|6621
I know what you mean about running around on the front line but the LMG's really have been nerf'd to much.

I dont think this patch has killed tha game but if they carry on like this it wont be long.

The pistol issue you may be rite I haven't used them that much, may have to.

The clark I have used this and if you can get close it decent enough, but its not a competative weapon for a whole round, I know to the odd person it may be brill but to me its more of a mess about thing. I have tried it afew rounds and it doesn't suit my style of play, maybe I can adapt, I may have to now!!.

I just wish patch's would fix bug's and glitch's, help prevent hacks, bring new options, not f*ck about with a perfectly good aspect of the game.

It's not like every round was topped by a support guy everytime, look at bf2 you go on a jet map who finish's top??, 75% of the time a jet/helo whore, have they been nerf'd no, so we deal with it. To me that speak's volume's about EA/Dice. Nerf's based on what????.

I just think EA have nerf'd support for the sake of it ah well roll on quake wars.....
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

No problems here ..

btw the the Ganz was ump'd in the previous patch.
Buzerk1
+44|6834
Breath IN, Breath OUT.... LMG are not the same... ok... move on... Breath IN, Breath OUT.

You say the clark is not good, and yet this one of the best gun around, the thing is you just can't use like the LMG and spray around. But use your brain and it's a killer in Medium and Close range combat. Often get first place using it the hole round. How many guns are 1 shot kills? Enough said.

I can understand your point, you get use to how a gun works and now it's not the same anymore and you get killed in situation where you were not before. Change style, change gun. LMG were way too easy to use, was not even fun. The clark on the other hand.... it's a lot of fun

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2007-04-27 07:10:02)

Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6446|Newcastle NSW Australia
Thats gay LMG nubs are the mainstay of my kills diet People had better not revert to rifles.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6708|Sweden
What´s the real problem is that they released the game with certain things that was gonna get a slight nerf, thought they could use the feedback better from the beta.

And ye pistols are underrated takes one down pretty quick with proper aim.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
is that a joke? if you cant control the new lmgs (which feel more powerful imho), you shouldnt flame them. Ther still easy as pie to use, just you count outsnipe a sniper with them now, which is the way it always should have been. ffs, adapt
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6621|Camp XRay

you all act like this is a big suprise.

bf2 - whine about blackhawk, et. al = nerfed

bf2142 - whine about everything = nerfed

see a pattern? seriously did you guys expect anything less?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Cowbell_Kevin
+8|6542
This just isn't a Battlefield series thing.  EA has a rep for nerfing and driving people away from their other games.

I use to play Ultima Online as well.   Same thing there as soon as they bought the game from Origin.

A game maker should NEVER change the rules of the game after release. 

With the battlefield series, it doesn't hurt quite as much as a role playing game in which someone has dedicated over a year into building a character up just to find out that they are nerfed.

(oops spelling error)

Last edited by Cowbell_Kevin (2007-04-27 08:45:06)

Simon
basically
+838|6655|UK
Was 2142 ever alive?
really.
Slickfish
+24|6621

Marlboroman82 wrote:

you all act like this is a big suprise.

bf2 - whine about blackhawk, et. al = nerfed

bf2142 - whine about everything = nerfed

see a pattern? seriously did you guys expect anything less?
It's just each time you go in and buy the game's with the hope that EA will leave them alone, but ah well.

The adjusted LMG's are great if your holding something else firing at the poor sap holding one!!, yes they do work, you can kill, but you have to stop for ages for the cross hair to tighten, why couldn't they make it similar to bf2, you need to prone to be accurate but your quite accurate straight off.
Now you have to crouch or prone, wait for crosshair to tighten, fire for afew seconds to tighten the group before you can hit anyone over 30ft away, by which time you have been teabagged twice!!.

I have used them and I have adapted to try and make them work, I went 16-0 before I got pissed of with the stupid tactics I had to use. I just dont get on with them anymore, and from the amount of people I have seen doing well with them im far from the only one, We have no choice but to adapt, but why should we have a game ruin'd by people moaning about a non existant issue.
Avantek
Banned
+7|6346|New York
Yeah EA is killing there games since BF2
"oh the jets are too powerful!" they give us zig zaking AA missiles
"black hawk owns" they make the mini gun shoot with toothpicks.
"oh grenade luncher killers me fun" make it worst then a hand grrnade
"oh damn C4 chucking" they reduce the C4 range so when you throw it almost sticks to ur nuts on the way down.

And now they listen to those that whine about the LMG being too powerful that should be a good thing that its a good weapon and class...

So now begins all the messing up of a good game. Instead of working on fixing glitches EA wants to f'up the damn game. Becaouse some noobs get powned each time they spwn they look at the floor instead of shooting at stuff and complain about guns being o good.

Why should we adapt to changes made to make some stupid noobs happy maybe they should adapt or not play the game at all.

They can NURF all they want they wont make everyone happy there will always be people complaining about some BS.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6730|Germany, near Koblenz
My guessing for the next "small balance justifications" with 1.3:

- Voss and Krylov back to Scar level

- reduced grenades damage and damage range

- reduced number of rockets for gunships

- to be continued
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla

DerGraueWolf wrote: