EVieira
+105|6488|Lutenblaag, Molvania

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

Pubic wrote:

And people never do stupid shit when drunk, of course...
I don't remember saying that they didn't, in fact I said that it will be higher.  It's just people claim Marijuana is harmless.
No one has or will ever die from marijuana consumption so yes alcohol related deaths will be much higher and always will be.

Now, prove to me marijuana is harmful.
Marijuana: More harm than good
Smokers understimate Marijuana's harm
Minimizing Marijuana Harm
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

EVieira wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

I don't remember saying that they didn't, in fact I said that it will be higher.  It's just people claim Marijuana is harmless.
No one has or will ever die from marijuana consumption so yes alcohol related deaths will be much higher and always will be.

Now, prove to me marijuana is harmful.
Marijuana: More harm than good
Smokers understimate Marijuana's harm
Minimizing Marijuana Harm
The first article there is very one sided and does not present the facts in a clear way at all. It presents assumptions which are not based on research as fact.

Marijuana: More harm than good wrote:

Smoke from burning marijuana pollutes the lungs and will deliver up to four times as much tar as tobacco cigarettes. And because users hold their toke longer before exhaling, the lungs are exposed to even higher levels of cancer-causing toxins. How’s that for an innocent little puff?
Sounds like it should cause more cancer than smoking cigarettes.

The damage from marijuana smoke is concentrated because of how the drug is used. Unlike regular cigarettes (don’t worry, we do not support their use either), the lack of filters on joints means nothing is held back from the lungs. Also, marijuana smokers typically inhale a larger amount of smoke, take it more deeply into the lungs, and then hold it for longer before exhaling. Thus, the lungs are exposed to even more toxins.
Wait a moment, where are the actual facts? Actual medical studies?

Since the article doesn't mention any I suppose I'll have to fill that bit in.

As the article later mentions there have been studies showing that cannabis is linked to the sort of DNA changes associated with cancer.

Evidence exists that marijuana contains abundant carcinogens which can cause chromosomal changes that precede cancer and outright malignancies.
The largest study of this kind was conducted by Dr Marinel Ammenheuser of the University of Texas in 1998. This study is based purely on pregnant women, yet it is often held up as an example, despite the fact that there are many more recent and more valid case studies that show the opposite to be true.
A great example of this is the 2006 study, the largest of its kind ever, by Donald Tashkin of the University of California, this study concluded there was no link between cannabis use and cancer, in fact that it provided a mild protective effect.
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6452
great finally someone with some truth that actually cites real medic studies trying to correlate marijuana use and lung cancer. No correlations been found sorry.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

Bertster7 wrote:

Yes, but the amount you have to ingest is ludicrous. It would cost you hundreds of pounds to kill yourself through a weed overdose.
I just felt the point should be made that you can OD on anything.

I

Bertster7 wrote:

causes less injuries and deaths as a result of actions taken while intoxicated than alcohol
Only because less people use it and they're more careful because it's illegal.
Psych0
+5|6517|Quebec, Canada

Bubbalo wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

causes less injuries and deaths as a result of actions taken while intoxicated than alcohol
Only because less people use it and they're more careful because it's illegal.
In term of % alcohol causes more(really more) injuries deaths etc. than marijuana. People are more careful because it's illegal... Don't agree,  I think that there is the same statistic in Netherlands.

Last edited by Psych0 (2007-05-02 15:08:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard