sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina
Jerusalem is very important to three of the World's major Religions.  It is also the capital of modern Israel.  But given the facts, should Jerusalem be just the capital of Israel?  I think the UN should move to Jerusalem.  Wtf is the UN doing in NY?  Jerusalem should have an international police controlling the place, not an Israeli police, because the city belongs to Judaism, Christianism and Islam. 
If we fail to see the importance of this city, maybe it will be lost and billions of persons could miss it.  Great part of the World's history was written there.  It saw the ancient Kingdom of Israel, the Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, the Roman Empire, the Crusades, the Ottoman Empire, and today's Israel-Palestine. 
It survived all of the above.  It should be considered one of the most important places in the World.  Maybe its capital.

Jerusalem has been the holiest city in Judaism and the spiritual homeland of the Jewish people since the 10th century BCE.  For Christians, Jerusalem's place in the life of Jesus gives it great importance, in addition to its place in the Old Testament, the Hebrew Bible.  Jerusalem has played a great role in Islam. It is the location of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, considered by many Muslims to be the third holiest site. It is strongly associated with people regarded as Prophets of Islam - in particular, David, Solomon, and Jesus.  It was the first qibla (direction of prayer) in Islam, before the Kaaba in Mecca.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
What would happen if we destroyed it rather than making it more than what it is? The location of a scene out of a great story book.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
If the UN were to move to Jerusalem, it could not be on Israeli territory, or even in an Israeli nation, or there would be an international uproar and would be constantly under fire.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire
That's actually a good idea... there will be hard line Jews, Muslims and Christians who would protest it but it kind of makes sense. It is the corner stone of 3 of the main religions and having the UN permanently based there could go some way to giving the area lasting security. The UN could ensure all people have freedom to visit and practice their faith without fear of persecution. You have my vote Serge.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I agree, get the U.N. off my soil.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

So if we level Jerusalem to the ground there would be nothing left to fight over in that area ?

And serge, this very same city without any reference may be the city in history where the most people over the longest time have been killed on behalf of religion !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

ATG wrote:

RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6569|Oxford

sergeriver wrote:

Jerusalem is very important to three of the World's major Religions.  It is also the capital of modern Israel.  But given the facts, should Jerusalem be just the capital of Israel?  I think the UN should move to Jerusalem.  Wtf is the UN doing in NY?  Jerusalem should have an international police controlling the place, not an Israeli police, because the city belongs to Judaism, Christianism and Islam. 
If we fail to see the importance of this city, maybe it will be lost and billions of persons could miss it.  Great part of the World's history was written there.  It saw the ancient Kingdom of Israel, the Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, the Roman Empire, the Crusades, the Ottoman Empire, and today's Israel-Palestine. 
It survived all of the above.  It should be considered one of the most important places in the World.  Maybe its capital.

Jerusalem has been the holiest city in Judaism and the spiritual homeland of the Jewish people since the 10th century BCE.  For Christians, Jerusalem's place in the life of Jesus gives it great importance, in addition to its place in the Old Testament, the Hebrew Bible.  Jerusalem has played a great role in Islam. It is the location of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, considered by many Muslims to be the third holiest site. It is strongly associated with people regarded as Prophets of Islam - in particular, David, Solomon, and Jesus.  It was the first qibla (direction of prayer) in Islam, before the Kaaba in Mecca.
That really would add fire to the Jewish conspiracy
twiistaaa
+87|6670|mexico
so what has it got to do with buddhism, hinduism, atheism, shintoism etc..?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

twiistaaa wrote:

Atheism isn't a religion. How about move the UN to Tokyo? it's got like everything!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

twiistaaa wrote:

Nothing.  I don't belong to any Religion, but it seems to me that Jerusalem has an extraordinary importance to billions of people.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Stingray24 wrote:

ATG wrote:

It is pretty much controlled by your country, so I don't see why...

-konfusion
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

ATG wrote:

The U.N. owns the soil they're on ATG. That would be like Italy asking the Vatican State to get off it's soil.

Last edited by Braddock (2007-04-24 06:51:37)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

I think that Jerusalem should belong to no one.

-konfusion
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas

konfusion wrote:

I think that Jerusalem should belong to no one.

-konfusion
Yes, like the Vatican.
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6228

RicardoBlanco wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Of course not, there's more Jews in New York than in Jerusalem.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6569|Oxford

Sanjaya wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Of course not, there's more Jews in New York than in Jerusalem.
My point exactly, even though you seem to have missed it.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6524|the Netherlands
the World's major Religions ... hmm ...

GET ALONG !! OR I KICK YOUR BUTTS ... you  got that ... BUTTS
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

Exactly how many world leaders under one roof in that area would it take to tempt a hail of poorly-aimed rockets from outside Israel?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-24 10:23:23)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
because there are more jews in New York
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6453|Cambridge, UK

A Capitol of the World is more of a political thing.... religion should be kept separate from politics.... so No it shouldn't be.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Why does the world need a capital?  Just to make it so one religion doesn't dominate the city?

I see no need to do this.  Make it an internationally controlled city like it was supposed to be.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the centralization of international government.
topal63
. . .
+533|6719
Sure, sounds good to me (fantasy #1)... and on that day Jews will have to be allowed to enter the sacred holy Muslim Mosque (in Jerusalem) with open welcome arms (fantasy #2). If fantasy #2 happens, then I say #1 can happen.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-24 10:31:26)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why does the world need a capital?  Just to make it so one religion doesn't dominate the city?

I see no need to do this.  Make it an internationally controlled city like it was supposed to be.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the centralization of international government.
Capital is a symbolic term.  Call it whatever you like.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

sergeriver wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Capital is a symbolic term.  Call it whatever you like.
Just another city in the MidEast controlled by the 'international' community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard