G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6672|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I found this on Drudge and I love to read it things like this.

I want everyone in america to read this email.  I want the whole world to read this email, especially those of you that hate our nation and hate the war because you have no clue what's going on there and just go by what the drive-by media tells you.

You who disregard the undeniable fact that the media is out to make money and not out to give you the truth:

Here is a copy of an email from a US marine in Iraq, responding to Harry Reid (a deadbeat liberal senator).

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/dat … flash1.htm

Read this, and LEARN something.

PS, [b]AMERICA KICKS ASS

link updated

Last edited by G3|Genius (2007-04-23 18:01:43)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

Me like.  +1
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6537|Menlo Park, CA
Me too +1
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6856|Nårvei

Have yet to read a topic saying we question the motives of the men serving, the question to my knowledge is the motives of those sending them into battle !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6647|132 and Bush

Is it to the same Harry&Pelosi who declared the war lost and elected to skip the war briefing this week? There is something seriously wrong when Pelosi will fly to Damascus to meet with Syrians but can't find the time for our own Gen. Petraeus... seriously.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601
LOL. Nice keyboard bashing. I guess he wasn't really paying any attention in English class - his grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. betray a distinct lack of intelligence. He seems oblivious to the fact that Iraq had no part in 9/11. He also seems to a little deluded. 'After we win this war' - lol.

Drudgereport - a quality website.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-04-23 16:01:44)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL. Nice keyboard bashing. I guess he wasn't really paying any attention in English class - his grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. betray a distinct lack of intelligence. He seems oblivious to the fact that Iraq had no part in 9/11. He also seems to a little deluded. 'After we win this war' - lol.
Would love to see how you type in a warzone with 20 Marines yelling at you to hurry up.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Would love to see how you type in a warzone with 20 Marines yelling at you to hurry up.
Was he in an internet café or something with a bunch of insurgents waiting for him to free up the computer or something? lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Was he in an internet café or something with a bunch of insurgents waiting for him to free up the computer or something? lol
Sorry it wasn't about your beloved insurgents killing people. lol
David.P
Banned
+649|6320
+1 Fuck the insurgents Kill all guilty protect all innocent. Disagree and your a dead man!(Or woman)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Sorry it wasn't about your beloved insurgents killing people. lol
I don't understand arabic marine and I don't particularly care for insurgents. Tbh I don't really care about Iraqis but I would like to see them self determine and to be free from external dabbling in their affairs.

This guy gives the whole 'making great buddies with the locals' story but for this one family how many other families out there who will not get water, electricity or security. And how long will it be until that informer household has their throats slit by Al Qaeda or the insurgents. Don't get me wrong he seems like a nice well meaning guy but he's completely deluded.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

Amazing that you cannot just say it is a good story.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601

usmarine2005 wrote:

I can't because I see it for what it is: propaganda. Anti-war and pro-war propaganda sickens me.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I can't because I see it for what it is: propaganda. Anti-war and pro-war propaganda sickens me.
Not sure how you can say a personal story from a grunt in Iraq to a friend is propaganda.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6803|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Not sure how you can say a personal story from a grunt in Iraq to a friend is propaganda.
How do you it's real and not fake?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6717|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

Here, Knock yourself out:

http://www.mordent.com/folktales/grimms/hng/hng.html

ps

Wanna a good Iraq story speak to GS.  He has 1000000 more credibility that the Drudge Report shitfest.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

It's probably a genuine story but it's being used as propaganda. How do we know that this one story is representative of the situation there? GS OIF II doesn't give that impression. He has similar stories of befriending locals but he is wise to the situation, unlike this guy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't.  But if it is, I will rebut what I say.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6803|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I don't.  But if it is, I will rebut what I say.
I'm not saying it's not real, I just don't know if it is.  If it's real you can say it's a nice story.  Sadly, it's being used as propaganda.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6755|Charlie One Alpha
Yeah it's a nice story and all but how is this supposed to make me change my views on America? All this 'proves' is that a soldier over there does (or at least is trying to do) a good job -- which I never doubted in the first place.
In fact, I think that much can be expected of professional soldiers.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601
For the record this guy states: "well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children."

May I direct your attention to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6584643.stm

"Car bombs have rocked the Iraqi city of Ramadi, killing 20 people, the latest in a string of attacks during the day that have caused dozens of casualties."

L. O. L. Delusions ftw.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-04-23 16:57:09)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6607
Uh-huh...............and what's going on where there aren't soldiers to watch?  The fact that Ramadi is now safe doesn't mean you're winning.  It could (and probably does) mean that the insurgents have moved to somewhere with less military personnel.
devildogfo
+32|6369|Camp Lejeune
Reading this story reminded me of countless similar experiences and gave me a fuzzy feeling. But your responses sicken me. Propaganda? Are you f'in serious? Just because its not pro-insurgency does not mean it is propaganda.
devildogfo
+32|6369|Camp Lejeune

CameronPoe wrote:

For the record this guy states: "well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children."

May I direct your attention to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6584643.stm

L. O. L. Delusions ftw.
When was the last time you lived in Ramadi? Never? How about Iraq? Never? How about any Arabic country? Never? Have you lived outside of your home country? So you're saying that you sitting at home know more about the situation there, and that HE is the delusional one?

Edit: Overriding a personal story with a mass media story? +1 for delusion.

Last edited by devildogfo (2007-04-23 16:57:36)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6647|132 and Bush

I think the progress he is speaking of is winning the hearts of the locals... I think.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard