vjs
+19|6773
O.K. maybe they are not wrong but...

The listings are a little weird I have my basic Tactical Support Combat Bade, the requirements are to throw 10 flash bangs...

However I have never throw a flash bang in the game only tear gas. If you look at my stats the stats show 0 flashbangs thrown. Yet I still have the award.

My belief is that it's actually teargas (Are they one in the same) I guess EA doesn't keep track of these or they are not in the listed stats.

My guess is that this has been posted before, sorry I havn't used the search or read the forum much lately.

But just letting people know that you get this award using the support teear gas...
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
It includes both flashbangs and teargas.
Alpha as fuck.
vjs
+19|6773
Yes of course but I don't see the stats for tear gas listed in my profile.

Perhaps this is actually a support point??

Last edited by vjs (2005-12-09 10:54:10)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6822
I don't know, I think it's like the Smoke Grenades. There's no stats to them, because theres really not a purpose for it. Same with Tear Gas really.

Only difference with Tear Gas stats is that it COUNTS twards that one badge, along with Flash Bang's.

Weird thing was, I could have sworn I've received Kill Assists when I've gassed people and then team mates killed them, but not when I've flashed them and then a team mate killed them.

I can't be sure because I haven't officialy tested that.
vjs
+19|6773
Well it makes sence that teargas and flash bangs could count towards support points. Since they are supportive actions, it also makes sence to get a kill assist if someone is under the influence so to speak when killed.

I think this is something that we will learn about in the near future.
DakotaDoc64
+0|6794|Omaha, Nebraska

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I don't know, I think it's like the Smoke Grenades. There's no stats to them, because theres really not a purpose for it. Same with Tear Gas really.

Only difference with Tear Gas stats is that it COUNTS twards that one badge, along with Flash Bang's.

Weird thing was, I could have sworn I've received Kill Assists when I've gassed people and then team mates killed them, but not when I've flashed them and then a team mate killed them.

I can't be sure because I haven't officialy tested that.
https://img336.imageshack.us/img336/5195/4442642814ie.png

Nice edited BF2s sig.  You almost had me, there is no Capt implemented yet.

Last edited by DakotaDoc64 (2005-12-10 15:39:28)

FourStars
+1|6741|Australia
since we are on the topic, why the hell does it say i have no grapples or flashes or zips? i have used them all heaps, and it just said 1 death for zips?
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6745|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Hi i got basic tactical support last night playing leviathan . i was with my squad on a warehouse roof firing teargas in to the enemy and resupplying my squadies and tat tata theres the badge no flashbangs required ????? very pleased though . also 1st time played levithan got 3 tanks with land mines they were owning my squad i circled them and dropped them at rear boom nice need more engineers well see you
CrunkAsHell
+0|6835|Canada
Congratulations, you guys are fucking geniuses. Was it not blindingly obvious when you got the badge and you were firing teargas that, *GASP* Maybe they BOTH count for the badge? Good thing you posted here to check though, Einstein.
vjs
+19|6773
Humm... lets see, throw a tear gas a TA DA there is the badge. Yup I guess I knew at that point but not before sherlock.

So mister I know everything show me in UBAR were it says you can get this badge using tear gas? And where in the EA feed/UBAR are # tear gas thrown listed... How far are you from getting vet LSR

Last edited by vjs (2005-12-12 10:23:11)

CrunkAsHell
+0|6835|Canada

vjs wrote:

Humm... lets see, throw a tear gas a TA DA there is the badge. Yup I guess I knew at that point but not before sherlock.

So mister I know everything show me in UBAR were it says you can get this badge using tear gas? And where in the EA feed/UBAR are # tear gas thrown listed... How far are you from getting vet LSR
Dude... you're fucking retarded.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-
There is a thread for debunking UBAR. Please. Use. The. SEARCH!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard