m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Theres a no problem with that, only with blaiming everything and turning a blind eye to ones own fucked up country.  But thena gain I guess The UK peoples dont wanna hear anything about how soup they're country is.
Shit weather
Ugly women
The Frogs nextdoor
Monarchy
Shit food
Shit transport

Happy?

(i bet someone tell me to fuck off!)
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Then could it be sour grapes? Lets face it, the EU folks are just as arrogant as any in the US. The only difference is, the peacocks in the US have land, big cars, big houses, and most of all, ELBOW ROOM.

The one thing that I do give credit to the EU folks is this: You look at life as too short and worth enjoying. In short, you work to live, in America, we tend to live to work.
There are people in Europe that are horribly arrogant (without going purely by stereotypes of course!), I've experienced a lot of that in France (white French more so than North African French). Don't know quite where you're going with the elbow room comment ...we haven't ran out of space here in Europe quite yet. And we do have big houses and cars etc. here too. You've hit the nail on the head with your last comment though, I do love the view that life is for living and in Ireland we definitely work to live and not vice versa. What's the point in having all the luxuries of life if you don't get to enjoy them?
From what I have heard especally in the UK, the population is growing and land is scarce or priced through the roof only the rich can afford it. Is over crowding in Europe not a problem? Or am I mistaken??
I can't speak for Britain but in Ireland the ridiculous property prices are thanks to a market that has run away with itself. It is the theory of many that it will crash soon and crash hard and houses will be available at knockdown prices for anyone lucky enough to have waited. There is something of a rush in this country at the moment to get a house and mortgage as quickly as possible for some reason and it's pushing prices through the roof.

We don't have the control we used to over our interests rates because of our economic ties to Europe, if the interests rates get pushed too high and our banks have to pass the rise onto house owners many people will simply not be able to keep up and will be forced to sell, the market will begin to flood and people will panic. Construction of houses and apartments will cease and prices will plummet.

On the issue of space, sure there is more urban sprawl now than ever before but that's just normal progress. My family home is still nicely tucked away in a quiet corner of the Irish countryside, with vast rolling fields and meadows around it!
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6715|Germany

max wrote:

From a German perspective (I usually live in Germany with my parents when I'm not at university in Switzerland):
Germans see America as a very democratic country that treats everyone in the country equally. It is also viewed as a partially Jewish country. Furthermore America has a thriving economy and is based on core libertarian values with low social security.

Germans hate all that.
They are not democratic; they always want a powerful leader to tell them whats right (e.g. when the 2 major parties formed a coalition everyone was happy that now things could change for the better without the annoying problem of the parliament slowing the government down).
Germans don't believe in equality and think deep down that they are the superior race. There is still lots of antisemitism here.
Germany has a protected economy and view America as a huge evil cooperation that wants to take over the world.

sure there are exceptions but the general public thinks that way

max wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

max wrote:

Germans don't believe in equality and think deep down that they are the superior race. There is still lots of antisemitism here.
Seriously?  I thought that was beat out of them 50 years ago.
seriously. If you ask someone openly about it they will obviously deny it, but in their hearts Germans think they are superior

max wrote:

Germany has a protected economy and view America as a huge evil cooperation that wants to take over the world.
Well that's true.  Watch your back.
I know. Thank god I'm finally a swiss citizen.
Excuse me?!?!?! What the hell are you thinking?!?!? This is so not true.
I know you probably think Hitler is still alive. and therefore left the country.
By the way Switzerland did their part in WW2 to stay unconquered

Seriously there is no such thing that most Germans are antisemitists.
I'm German and heavily offended by your posts.

German: Schreib hier mal nicht so einen Mist, der nicht stimmt. Du hast nicht das Recht für 82 Millionen Deutsche zu reden UND Du kennst auch nicht deren Meinung.
Wenn Du von Deutschland enttäuscht bist, ist das schade. Es ist aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Grund das Du Deutschland deshalb verlassen hast.

Sorry guys, I had to write in german, but this guy is pissing me off.
He doesn't have a knowledge about 82 million Germans and can be taken seriously to be their voice.

Last edited by danCer (2007-04-23 03:59:57)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

danCer wrote:

max wrote:

From a German perspective (I usually live in Germany with my parents when I'm not at university in Switzerland):
Germans see America as a very democratic country that treats everyone in the country equally. It is also viewed as a partially Jewish country. Furthermore America has a thriving economy and is based on core libertarian values with low social security.

Germans hate all that.
They are not democratic; they always want a powerful leader to tell them whats right (e.g. when the 2 major parties formed a coalition everyone was happy that now things could change for the better without the annoying problem of the parliament slowing the government down).

max wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

max wrote:

seriously. If you ask someone openly about it they will obviously deny it, but in their hearts Germans think they are superior

Well that's true.  Watch your back.
I know you probably think Hitler is still alive. and therefore left the country.

German: Schreib hier mal nicht so einen Mist, der nicht stimmt. Du hast nicht das Recht für 82 Millionen Deutsche zu reden UND Du kennst auch nicht deren Meinung.
Wenn Du von Deutschland enttäuscht bist, ist das schade. Es ist aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Grund das Du Deutschland deshalb verlassen hast.

He doesn't have a knowledge about 82 million Germans and can be taken seriously to be their voice.
Maybe he is letting history speak for him
PureFodder
+225|6286

lowing wrote:

danCer wrote:

max wrote:

Germans hate all that.

max wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

max wrote:

Maybe he is letting history speak for him
I am unaware of anything from history that says the current German populace is anti-semitic and think of themselves as a superior race. Can you enlighten me Lowing?
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

PureFodder wrote:

I am unaware of anything from history that says the current German populace is anti-semitic and think of themselves as a superior race. Can you enlighten me Lowing?
Holocaust anyone? I'd say that was entrenched in history and is pretty fucking anti-semitic!!
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6715|Germany
Yeah I'd like to get some enlightment here too.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6715|Germany

RicardoBlanco wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Holocaust anyone? I'd say that was entrenched in history and is pretty fucking anti-semitic!!
reeeaaaad before post. current German populace. read again!
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

reeeaaaad before post. current German populace. read again!
Oh I did read. History dictates that the German populace was anit-semitic, hence the holocaust, and if they weren't they were so apathetic that they let it happen anyway. Just as bad. If you want current events to draw from just look at all the neo-nazi, right wing, facist propaganda from German neo-nazi groups. I'm not saying all Germans are this way but PureFodder asked for "anything", which I have duly provided.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6715|Germany

RicardoBlanco wrote:

.... facist propaganda from German neo-nazi groups. I'm not saying all Germans are this way but PureFodder asked for "anything", which I have duly provided.
Where? Show me your stuff... you didn't provide anything for me so far. Just some history of Germany which 99.1 percent of Germans regret.

I'm not saying that the Nazi regime never happened but what Pure Fodder pointed out that it is not about the history, rather about the current state of mind of the german people. Yet you didn't get this.
So please tell me what part of my country's history tells me how it is today or provide me me some of your "duly" provided evidence.

Edit: To add, every country has it's right-winger party.

Last edited by danCer (2007-04-23 07:56:41)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon
wow, how did a debate about why the rest of the world hates the US, turn into the europeans actually discussing faults in their OWN countries?
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

.... facist propaganda from German neo-nazi groups. I'm not saying all Germans are this way but PureFodder asked for "anything", which I have duly provided.
Where? Show me your stuff... you didn't provide anything for me so far. Just some history of Germany which 99.1 percent of Germans regret.

I'm not saying that the Nazi regime never happened but what Pure Fodder pointed out that it is not about the history, rather about the current state of mind of the german people. Yet you didn't get this.
So please tell me what part of my country's history tells me how it is today or provide me me some of your "duly" provided evidence.

Edit: To add, every country has it's right-winger party.
Oh I did get it. You want to see evidence of current right-wing, neo-nazi fascists? Ok...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spi … 28,00.html

Next...
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

danCer wrote:

lol, and you're admitting there are currently at least 0.9% who don't regret the Holocaust. I'd say that was 0.9% of Germans who are anti-semitic.

BTW, on D&ST it helps to follow your arguments through.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
When you are at the top of anything, people will hate you regardless of your actions.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

When you are at the top of anything, people will hate you regardless of your actions.
In fairness, I can still remember when Clinton visited Ireland and had thousands of people cheering him in the streets of Dublin and he received a similar reception in the occupied counties. Bush didn't get quite the same response! Attitudes have changed.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

Ryan wrote:

What is behind Anti-American feelings?
Gee, I don't know.....maybe people who are sick of our meddlings?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6715|Germany

RicardoBlanco wrote:

danCer wrote:

lol, and you're admitting there are currently at least 0.9% who don't regret the Holocaust. I'd say that was 0.9% of Germans who are anti-semitic.

I could have also said 99.9, 99.8, 99.7, 99.6, 99.5, 99.4, 99.3, 99.2 or I could just have said most.
You are getting what I want to tell you, right?
Still, don't try to evade from my question. Where's the stuff?
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

danCer wrote:

I could have also said 99.9, 99.8, 99.7, 99.6, 99.5, 99.4, 99.3, 99.2 or I could just have said most.
You are getting what I want to tell you, right?
Still, don't try to evade from my question. Where's the stuff?
Oh, so you made it up. You're losing credibility here. I'm not sure what you want to tell me anymore. "Where's the stuff?"...What, you mean this which I posted before?...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spi … 28,00.html

BTW, on D&ST it helps not to make things up.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Cougar wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Go ask hungry and sick people in Africa if they are sick of our meddling.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Ryan wrote:

As far as they're concerned the aid comes from the warlords/ other corrupt officials your government has given the responsibility of aid distribution to in return for favours.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

As far as they're concerned the aid comes from the warlords/ other corrupt officials your government has given the responsibility of aid distribution to in return for favours.
Whatever dude.  Don't be so one sided.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

Braddock wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

In fairness, I can still remember when Clinton visited Ireland and had thousands of people cheering him in the streets of Dublin and he received a similar reception in the occupied counties. Bush didn't get quite the same response! Attitudes have changed.
So the world loves democrats and hates republicans? Or do they simply generalize about an entire people based on who their leader is? Or do they simply not like the leaders? I don't know what point you're trying to get at but I don't see how it applies to what I said.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

usmarine2005 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Whatever dude.  Don't be so one sided.
It's kind of what you do in a debate.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford
No, but we weren't talking about Britain. In fact we were talking about the US but this danCer went onto Germany and posted a few inaccuracies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard