BattlecryBob
+6|6683
Seems like some people are still having problems with the PB Losing Key Packets kick, so I thought I'd share something that works for me.

1. Manually update your punkbuster using pbsetup.exe (just to be safe)

2. Download pbsvc.exe from PB.

3. Run it, select the uninstall option.

4. Run it again, select the install option.

5. Reboot if you want, just in case. I didn't and it worked fine for me.

PBSETUP: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

PBSVC: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6273
hmm, Interesting, i nevered had those problems, but sounds good tho, I'll remember this one if i run across loosing Key packets
Buzerk1
+44|6887
From PB web site

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?pa … bf2142.php

Wednesday 04.18.2007 [5:00PM]

We are aware of several players who are getting kicked for Losing Key Packets with an error code ffff0001 or ffff0002 after the v1.701 PB Client update released yesterday. There seems to be some misinformation being posted on various websites and forums in reference to the new PunkBuster services called PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB. These are NOT optional. If these are disabled or stopped or blocked by the user or anti-virus or Internet security software, updated PunkBuster servers will remove you from the game for Losing Key Packets. Users of some versions of McAfee Security Center are reporting that these PB components are getting automatically added to the "block" list. If this happens on your machine, you will need to remove them from the list in order to continue using PunkBuster. Players who have manually disabled or stopped PnkBstrA based on instructions from some other website may need to run our PBSVC program to uninstall and reinstall in order to continue playing on PB enabled servers.
PBSVC program to uninstall and reinstall : http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Also make sure you have the lastest PBSEC file in your BF2142 PB directory
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/bf2142/pbsec.htm
kptk92
u
+972|6459|tc_london
If this works, I'll cry in joy and +1 you.
Buzerk1
+44|6887
It doesn't I'm still getting kicked by PB for losing key packets.... opened a trouble ticket with PB... waiting for a respnse, if I ever get any
Hanon1990
+7|6575|Vancouver
WOOO it finally worked:) +1 for you
Ryan
+1,230|6894|Alberta, Canada

I think Kyle will be pleased.
Hanon1990
+7|6575|Vancouver
damn it only worked for 1 round, then it went back to kicking me
Buzerk1
+44|6887
This is wierd... I played all day today and no one kick from PB... and I didn't change anything....
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6337|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
SOLUTION HERE

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
If you check on the PB website, it says that Punkbuster has issues with McAfee firewalls, all you have to do is go to your firewall applications list and allow PnkbstrA.exe & PnkbstrB.exe to use your Internet connection... then it will work...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-04-22 23:36:27)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Buzerk1
+44|6887

ShawN_ wrote:

SOLUTION HERE

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
If you check on the PB website, it says that Punkbuster has issues with McAfee firewalls, all you have to do is go to your firewall applications list and allow PnkbstrA.exe & PnkbstrB.exe to use your Internet connection... then it will work...
I don't have any firewall except for my router...
Main_E_ak
That sky looks like ground...
+6|6600|UK

BattlecryBob wrote:

Seems like some people are still having problems with the PB Losing Key Packets kick, so I thought I'd share something that works for me.
Nice find there, if the issue comes up again for me I'll try that first.

For the record I've solved this by another route, so those with problems might want to consider this:

> I was originally port forwarding all the 2142 ports to my games machine.
> I had this issue when I upgraded and started using different kit, so the IP address my router gave out was different, but I had left the forwarding rules in place.
> After failed attempts at solving the issue (ADSL modem restarts and PB updates) I removed the forwarding rules altogether (you don't actually need to forward any ports, believe me I've had 2 machines play fine over one connection without them) and the issue disappeared.

Hope this helps.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6684|Florida

Main_E_ak wrote:

BattlecryBob wrote:

For the record I've solved this by another route, so those with problems might want to consider this:

> I had this issue when I upgraded and started using different kit, so the IP address my router gave out was different, but I had left the forwarding rules in place.
> After failed attempts at solving the issue (ADSL modem restarts and PB updates) I removed the forwarding rules altogether (you don't actually need to forward any ports, believe me I've had 2 machines play fine over one connection without them) and the issue disappeared.

Hope this helps.
Good info. Thanks. I had this problem and updated punkbuster manually with no success. I even disabled punkbuster A and B as suggested on another website (also no success). I reinstalled the game... and it worked for about two days, and last night I got another kick. I hope this is the answer!!! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and +1 you now. If it doesn't work, then consider yourself lucky...
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6684|Florida

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Main_E_ak wrote:

BattlecryBob wrote:

Hope this helps.
Good info. Thanks. I had this problem and updated punkbuster manually with no success. I even disabled punkbuster A and B as suggested on another website (also no success). I reinstalled the game... and it worked for about two days, and last night I got another kick. I hope this is the answer!!! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and +1 you now. If it doesn't work, then consider yourself lucky...
Nothing I've read in this thread has worked for me. I went ahead and opened a ticket with PB. Until someone else has some real success I guess I'm taking a break from 2142.....
FloppY_
­
OR YOU COULD JUST TELL YOUR MCAFEE FIREWALL TO ALLOW PNKBSTRA.exe AND PNKBSTRB.exe TO USE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION AND IT WILL WORK !!!!!

Read it in Punkbuster's HP...
Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6493

Buzerk1 wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

SOLUTION HERE

I use ZoneAlarm so I'm not familiar, but have you maybe checked Windows Firewall?

L8,
TK
Buzerk1
+44|6887

Tsavo_Killjoy wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

SOLUTION HERE

I use ZoneAlarm so I'm not familiar, but have you maybe checked Windows Firewall?

L8,
TK
Thanks, but no, it's not windows as it doesn't always happen. Sometimes I can play 2-3 hours and sometimes I can't even finish one round.
String3R
+15|6280

ShawN_ wrote:

OR YOU COULD JUST TELL YOUR MCAFEE FIREWALL TO ALLOW PNKBSTRA.exe AND PNKBSTRB.exe TO USE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION AND IT WILL WORK !!!!!

Agreed i have mc afee and it didnt tell me it was blocking it if you have mc afee security center you have to do this:

1. Open McAfee

2. Click on Internet and Network Configuration

3. Click Configure found in the bottom right corner of Internet and Network Configuration

4. Then click on "Firewall Protection" to drop down the bar

5. Click advanced

6. Then on the left hand side click "Program Permissions"

7. Scroll Down to find PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe and make sure both have full access

8. If they dont click on it and then grant full access

*Note: both PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB must have access*

PM me for further assistance if needed!
FloppY_
­

String3R wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

Agreed i have mc afee and it didnt tell me it was blocking it if you have mc afee security center you have to do this:

1. Open McAfee

2. Click on Internet and Network Configuration

3. Click Configure found in the bottom right corner of Internet and Network Configuration

4. Then click on "Firewall Protection" to drop down the bar

5. Click advanced

6. Then on the left hand side click "Program Permissions"

7. Scroll Down to find PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe and make sure both have full access

8. If they dont click on it and then grant full access

*Note: both PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB must have access*

PM me for further assistance if needed!
It says on their HP that both have to be enabled, but i ran it yesterday with PnkbstrB.exe only (McAfee re-blocked the other without me noticing because it behaved like a virus (unknown file doing something it was not told to by the user)) and it still worked... played for 2 hours..
String3R
+15|6280
yeah it kept blocking mine automatically what i had to do was remove it from the permissions list and re-add it with full access, worked for me
SFR-Rooo
+19|6693|portsmouth uk
whats a key packet? im not too heavily into the  ins and outs of pc jargon if thats what it is.......thanks
Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6467|Ontario, Canada
Nice find, I had problems earlier with this but it seemed to fix itself, tagging this for future reference.
FloppY_
­

String3R wrote:

yeah it kept blocking mine automatically what i had to do was remove it from the permissions list and re-add it with full access, worked for me
'
Yeah, i did that too, but what i meant was:
Even though PB says that both have to be running, i could play without PnkBstrA.exe.. am i the only one thinking spyware/unnecessary system load ?

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-04-26 11:48:17)

[zulu]steviep831
+6|6684|Florida
I'm not using McCrappee, but giving BOTH PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe permission in the windows firewall was the key for me. I uninstalled and re-installed PB. The trick is you when you re-install PB, you can immediately give permission to PnkbstrA.exe in windows firewall, but PnkbstrB.exe will not have been installed yet. You must first join a server in game; you'll probably get kicked for LKP, but exit, and go back into windows firewall and now give PnkbstrB.exe permissions in windows firewall. Reboot and you should be good to go. I actually had to start 2142 twice and join a server twice before PnkbstrB.exe was actually created... I was finally able to get in and play without the LKP error and kick...
azagthoth666
+0|6254
ok   heres one for you     i have the pnkbstra   but not b   explain that to me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard