simmy.uk
+117|6434
Some people are blaming counter strike for the Virginia Tech shooting. I hate how people always use the same scape goats time and time again.

Instead of blaming CS and other FPS games...why don't you ban the selling of guns to the civilian population, wouldn't that solve the problem?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article … shtml?s=im

Last edited by simmy.uk (2007-04-19 18:11:31)

Madhadda1
+270|6541|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

simmy.uk wrote:

Some people are blaming the counter strike for the Virginia Tech shooting. I hate how people always use the same scape goats time and time again.

Instead of blaming CS and other FPS games...why don't you ban the selling of guns to the civilian population, wouldn't that solve the problem?

/agree

Playing a video game would NEVER make you wake up one day and say, hey i think ill go buy a gun and kill sombody today (if your not a phyco, and if you are you belong in a mental hospital or shouldnt be alowed to own a gun in the first place.)
ReDevilJR
+106|6347

simmy.uk wrote:

Some people are blaming the counter strike for the Virginia Tech shooting. I hate how people always use the same scape goats time and time again.

Now that'd be just too easy now wouldn't it ;-)
sithao
+63|6622|Los Angeles, California
Right to bear arms?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6476|Somewhere else

only a matter of time really. 

Congressman clusterfuck (what's his name?) will be all over this.

...And it begins....again. Marilyn Manson, get ready for the flamming.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
I stabbed someone.

Rachel Ray should be banned for showing me how to use a knife.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6559|British Columbia, Canada
You know Jack Thompson is going the be all over this..

..oh wait.. He already is...

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6487|Menlo Park, CA

simmy.uk wrote:

Some people are blaming counter strike for the Virginia Tech shooting. I hate how people always use the same scape goats time and time again.

Banning guns to people who are unstable, and have been ruled unstable by the courts/authorities. . . would be a better system.

Taking my 2nd Amendment rights away is something I as an American am not willing to give up.

Keep in mind the founders are smarter than anyone on these forums. . . They wouldnt have written that KEY Amendment if they thought it shouldnt be there! The right to bear arms basically allows you to protect yourself, when the police/government isnt able to protect you. . . .Its kind of a last line of defense Amendment that gives more power to the people.

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-04-19 18:24:56)

reaper_654
confused??
+36|6292|ohio,USA
that is sad story but what i dont like is they keep giving the guy news time and he broke a record for killing people ummm i dont fucking think so why keep putting it on the news about his video and photos
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6688|Calgary
I was waiting for this........................fuck'n cunt. Dr. Phil.. What a fucken hypocritical fraud.

*deep breath*

I always hated this Guy. He is so full of shit it is unbelievable.  Fuck'n snake oil salesman.
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6292|ohio,USA
wow people think they know everything about how video games always kill somone WTF i thought they were angry at someone or something hmm i must be stupid
RECONDO67
+60|6632|miami FL
There is no way to prevent any of this tragedies  this kind of thing happen all the time around the world just look yesterday the 233 people got killed in Iraq  and so far 3000 of our own soldiers have died over there and no one is flying the flag half way for them.
we got to be strong and grow a pair because if we are devastated for 32 kids think of the amount of dead kids a real war would bring.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6409|da ville, va
The people who say video games did it have not read one word of the news and just found out something happened at VT.
simmy.uk
+117|6434
How can you say playing CS makes you want to kill people in real life. It's just a game ffs. Point and click.

The kid was probably bullied all his life and most likly suffered from severe mental health problems that weren't properly detected. He is a product of the society we live in......it is sad, tragic, but it happen(s)ed. The main factor in the tragedy of Virginia Tech was that he was sold guns. That gave him the fire power to kill all those people....regardless of any mental/interpersoanl he was having.

Who are we going to blame for the 700k civilians that have been killed in iraq?
agent146
+127|6383|Jesus Land aka Canada
phht CS does not teach you how to kill people how the hell can it? it's a game not Rl its just point and shoot while in real life there is no cross hair, there is heavy recoil, and many different factors.
siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
I have done research, papers, and eveyrthing else concerning this topic....violent video games DO NOT cause someone to shoot up a school...although they may highten blood flow and and heart rate....they do not turn someone into a killer.  Cho-Sueng-Hui had serious psychological problems, MANY that were far beyond what any video such as CounterStrike could bring.  I could send someone my paper and all my research if need be, but people look for anything to blame violent video games on....the kids roomates even said that they NEVER saw him playing CS.  The kid had many underlying psychological issues that led him to his actions, and the killing of 32 people.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6476|Somewhere else

LT.Victim wrote:

You know Jack Thompson is going the be all over this..

..oh wait.. He already is...

Learned to control his heartrate from GTA? this guy is serious! Yeah, I could never kill, unless my heart rate was under control?

Yeah, I listen to heavy metal, play bloody games, AND I WORK IN A GUN FACTORY! what now JACK????
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6730|Singapore
No way, why not blame bf2? lol.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6559|British Columbia, Canada

Ayumiz wrote:

If people can learn how to kill from playing BF2..

Then hell, why can't I learn to fly a Plane from playing BF2?!
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6646|Keyboard

simmy.uk wrote:

They should've blaimed WoW, that Ismail AX points to WoW; or that old shit, whats it called? Oh yeah, Runescape.
Chunkala
+4|6223
Banning guns would be a retarded move. If you take guns away from law abiding citizens crime will skyrocket. The criminals don't follow the law anyway so why would they turn in there guns? They will still get them illegally so really the only one your hurting are your citizens that follow the law.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6745|Mark it zero.

fadedsteve wrote:

Banning guns to people who are unstable, and have been ruled unstable by the courts/authorities. . . would be a better system.
Even if that happens, all this stuff will still go on. You don't know someone is pyscho until they do something like this. Then it's too late.
ZCor3x
+46|6566|Pennsylvania
CS Make people want to kill people or help kill people is pathetic. It's not the game, it's the kids fucked up mind.

The only problem I have with all this news about VA Tech on internet and news, is that he's getting what he's wanting, and what all the wannabe's now threatening schools wanted.  Kind of sad, heh.

[/rant]
agent146
+127|6383|Jesus Land aka Canada

Ayumiz wrote:

because the USMC are killing muslims (MEC)   so bf2 its totally legit.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6652|Brisbane, Australia

You dont blame games, you blame the cheating whore that he was dating. Thats why he flipped out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard