Poll

Instant Celebrity Satis

yes75%75% - 15
no25%25% - 5
Total: 20
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6394
Instant Celebrity status for this kid who murderd 32 people. The first 7 pages of the News Paper. 4 days news coverage. We all know his name.  See his posed pictures just as he wanted us to. We can read his writings just as he wanted us to. Think anyone will copy him soon?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-04-19 14:39:21)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6508
There were like 4 copycat killings after Columbine. So Yes.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6747|67.222.138.85
Actually I don't know his name, but I get your point.

Of course there will be copy cats, but there isn't really anything we can do about it. The media can be really stupid sometimes, and I think they know it, but if they choose not to cover it someone else will and steal their market.
Master*
Banned
+416|6535|United States

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Instant Celebrity status for this kid who murderd 32 people. The first 7 pages of the News Paper. 4 days news coverage. We all know his name.  See his posed pictures just as he wanted us to. We can read his writings just as he wanted us to. Think anyone will copy him soon?
He had a problem dude he expressed his anger as random attacks on innocent people I dont think getting celebrity status was his only reason for doing this.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6670|Washington, DC

What Master said. I think the guy was just fucked in the head and took his emotions out in this violent manner.

And who the hell wants to be the celebrity that killed 32 people?
agent146
+127|6427|Jesus Land aka Canada
I admit: he sure is quite famous but i rather be famous and alive, his video does not make sense- in other words this guy is fucked up in the head (thats a given), and yes i believe there will be copycats.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6590|CH/BR - in UK

I don't think anyone will copy this. He had his reasons, his insanity and his anger to spur him. I don't think other people will follow his motives, especially after seeing the videos.

-konfusion
Dan Havok
+14|6469
yeah it's going to happen again, there was a bomb threat on campus two days ago
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6330|Éire
He shouldn't be getting his 15 minutes of fame. I'm all for free speech but the news shouldn't let that warped individual have things play out EXACTLY as he wanted it to ...he wanted that tape all over the news.

At sports matches in Britain and Ireland now if a streaker or fan runs onto the pitch the cameras don't give them any screen time, the news should have a similar policy and stop deciding things purely on a basis of who will watch out of morbid curiosity.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6394
How about...

1. Strip his dead body Nude.
2. Pose three or four hot young girls pionting at his shriveld male member and laughing.
3. Take a picture.
4. put it on the front page.

See how many copycats you get.

Sick and sad but effective maybe ?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-04-19 15:51:37)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6641|132 and Bush

Even current celebrities are taking advantage of this.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
agent146
+127|6427|Jesus Land aka Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

How about...

1. Strip his dead body Nude.
2. Pose three or four hot young girls pionting at his shriveld male member and laughing.
3. Take a picture.
4. put it on the front page.

See how many copycats you get.

Sick and sad but effective maybe ?
actually that is quite effective i think; sick for many people, yes, but effective. I recall my own father said the Soviet Vietnamese government use to make "snuff videos" of criminals and made it circulate throughout its citizens to frighten any one into not committing any more crimes. I also recall there are also public executions (by ak47s) of rapists in some Soviet eastern blocks. ya see how many copy cats then

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard