DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6221|Bloomington, Indiana
I searched and haven't found anything talking about the Planet Earth show on the Discovery Channel, its really quite an amazing show.  Apparently 5 years in the making and some of the shots they have are insane!  If anyone has watched this, which has been your favorite episode?  I personally like the episodes about the Ocean, because there is still stuff down there we don't know about.   
Sigourney Weaver does the narration..ha!
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6590|California U.S.A
It's been an excellent series, the rain forest section was my fav so far.

I really have to give the crew that filmed the penguins through winter in the 60 below zero degree weather some credit. That looked pretty chilly.

The behind the scenes at the end of each hour is fantastic.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6561|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
i laugh at sigourney weaver as a narrator.. Sir David Attenborough did a hell of a better job.. im buyin it on HD when its out here next week.. i feel bad for you americans that have to listen to that bitch do a shit narration job thankfully they played the originals here in Canada
Volatile
+252|6705|Sextupling in Empire

Yeah, the ocean deep episode was pretty cool. I enjoyed watching the shearwaters dive down into the ocean to catch the mackerel that were getting snacked on by dolphins.

For those who haven't seen this show, you can view some of the episodes here--->Planet Earth.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6551|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
The British Programme?  I work with a media student who got to work on one episode of that show, lucky b*stard.
=OBS= EstebanRey

SuperSlowYo wrote:

i laugh at sigourney weaver as a narrator.. Sir David Attenborough did a hell of a better job.. im buyin it on HD when its out here next week.. i feel bad for you americans that have to listen to that bitch do a shit narration job thankfully they played the originals here in Canada
What! So they remove one of the greatest natural world experts/commentators and replace him with some woman who was Alien and why?  Is David Attenborough too hard to understand for the US public?

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-04-19 04:38:37)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
I absolutely loved it, each episode left me in awe. Sir David Attenborough was legendary as usual, I cant believe Sigourney Weaver narrates the US version of it.

My favourites had to be 'Ocean Deep' and 'Rainforests'.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6576

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

SuperSlowYo wrote:

What! So they remove one of the greatest natural world experts/commentators and replace him with some woman who was Alien and why?  Is David Attenborough too hard to understand for the US public?
It is kinda disrespectful.
=OBS= EstebanRey

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I absolutely loved it, each episode left me in awe. Sir David Attenborough was legendary as usual, I cant believe Sigourney Weaver narrates the US version of it.

I have also heard that Britain's "Top Gear" programme has all anti-american jokes taken out when shown in North America (including Canada strangely).  How scared of other cultures are the Americans?
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6576
I wouldnt mind if it were someone cool like Samuel Jackson
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I have also heard that Britain's "Top Gear" programme has all anti-american jokes taken out when shown in North America (including Canada strangely).  How scared of other cultures are the Americans?
They need to take it with a pinch of salt.  Jeremy Clarkson takes the piss out of all types.  Motorcyclists, Golfers, Caravaners, Northeners, Southeners, The French....The list goes on.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA

DrunkenResistance wrote:

I searched and haven't found anything talking about the Planet Earth show on the Discovery Channel, its really quite an amazing show.  Apparently 5 years in the making and some of the shots they have are insane!  If anyone has watched this, which has been your favorite episode?  I personally like the episodes about the Ocean, because there is still stuff down there we don't know about.   
Sigourney Weaver does the narration..ha!
I dug the Snow Leapord chasing the baby gazelle on a mountain cliff. Focking awesome. I DVR'd all of the shows. Get baked and watch it. Good stuff. HD ftw.
PureFodder
+225|6286

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

What about the episode where they buy $1,000 cars and drive across the South. That episode was nothing but jokes about America.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
I also love the theme tune, 'Hoppipolla, by Sigur Ros'

=OBS= EstebanRey
Just found out that my friend did some time lapse stuff on it, a flower.  Still cool though
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680

daffytag wrote:

I wouldnt mind if it were someone cool like Samuel Jackson
lol that would rock. Pulp Fiction style!
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6561|Canaduhhh.. West Toast

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

SuperSlowYo wrote:

honestly i have no idea why they would have done that.. Sir Attenborough did an absolutely amazing job with the narration.. i found it totally baffling when i heard that sigourney was replacing his narration.. i agree with daffytag i think its quite disrespectful if i was Sir Attenborough id go punch that slag in the teeth.. but damn am i glad i found out about the narration difference because knowing my luck id end up buyin the sigourney weaver version and be totally pissed
topal63
. . .
+533|6719

SuperSlowYo wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

SuperSlowYo wrote:

honestly i have no idea why they would have done that.. Sir Attenborough did an absolutely amazing job with the narration.. i found it totally baffling when i heard that sigourney was replacing his narration.. i agree with daffytag i think its quite disrespectful if i was Sir Attenborough id go punch that slag in the teeth.. but damn am i glad i found out about the narration difference because knowing my luck id end up buyin the sigourney weaver version and be totally pissed
Is that a joke? Did they really do that? Sir D. Attenborough is actually an exuberant & infectious personality? That is a total DUH... why would they do that?

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-19 10:55:40)

zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

OMG Sigourney Weaver... is that a joke
Poor Americans...

There was a slow motion of a shark grabbing a seal or something that was just jaw dropping.
And that cave with billions of cockroaches and millions of bats fueling that eco system with their shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Can't wait for the HD DVD set.  I can store it right next to Cosmos
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

It's times like these I must resist buying a Hd Dvd player.... tough.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
The one where the guy is swimming with pirannas was amazing.
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6221|Bloomington, Indiana
You cant hate all that much, she does an alright job for a person you would NEVER expect to narrate a nature series.  I'm not a huge fan of her doing the narration, but whatever.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6765|mansfield
Sigourney Weaver should stick to blowing them nasty xenomrph's out that airlock
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6743|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
The Orca, that killed the shark that was hunting the seals was incredible - they reckoned that the Orca killed the sharks for fun lol!! I liked to think of it as pay back.. 

Edit : sharks use their eyes in the surf so vision isn't to hot - the orca using sonar nailed them every time..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-04-19 10:28:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard