CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
As a non-American I'd like to state the following: US gun laws and US gun crime is an internal affair for Americans. I personally could not give a shit if they legalise selling SAM missiles to 3 year olds - that's their business. I don't think it's pointful as a foreigner to harp on about legislation in another sovereign country that will not extend beyond the boundaries of the sovereign country you're criticising or impact upon anyone outside said boundaries. My two cents.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Agreed.

Well put Cam.

Some people from other countries just don't get it.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
oh my god CP thank you so much.
you have no idea how much it is bothering me that people that arent from this country are telling me that i shouldnt own a firearm. i live in st louis missouri, the #1 dangerous city in the US.....they have no clue, they just think that since there laws work for them they will work for us.
finally a voice of reason from across the pond.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Won't happen, but good try.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6528
Damn Cam, I do believe this is the first time I've ever agreed with you.....is the world about to implode?
...At any rate, it's good to see that some non Americans in this forum DON'T think they can solve all the problems of a nation 30 times the size of their own with their own little crack pot theories.  Different nations, different societies, different laws.  What works for one nation, dismally fails for the others.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Won't happen.
I don't like Americans killing each other though. I like Americans as a whole, most of them I have met are really cool people. I'd rather they don't kill each other so yeah, I do have an opinion about the issues of the, (in my opinion,) lax laws and what results when they shoot each other.

I LIKE YOU! DON'T SHOOT YOURSELVES!

I have my opinion as you have your's Cam.
You are right of course, there is very little point.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
I give two shits, coz I have family in the US.  Besides, I don't understand how you can give a shit if they'd sell SAM's to 3 years olds.  If it's all about boundaries...why would you say something like this when the bodies of the victims were still lying on the ground?

CameronPoe wrote:

That's appalling. The police would have taken his gun, as Charlton Heston put it, from his 'cold dead hands'...

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-04-18 04:40:04)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

If it's all about boundaries...why would you say something like this when the bodies of the victims were still lying on the ground?

CameronPoe wrote:

That's appalling. The police would have taken his gun, as Charlton Heston put it, from his 'cold dead hands'...
I think this op is capitalizing on the event.

Cameron, wtf? This smells like karma padding.

Sorry bro, it's how I read it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

ATG wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

If it's all about boundaries...why would you say something like this when the bodies of the victims were still lying on the ground?

CameronPoe wrote:

I think this op is capitalizing on the event.

lol. You really think I need my karma padded???

@ Serge. That was just a jibe - I didn't launch into any diatribes, I know they're futile.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
Except that it does extend further.  The more guns produced the harder it is to track them, which has a knock-on effect in other countries.
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6193
guns dont kill , people kill , being born and living in the U.S it is our history and our nature to be violent either to one another or anyone around the world and it will only end when the world ends and we will probably be the ones to end it, sorry in advance

Last edited by davidonbf2 (2007-04-18 00:30:51)

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6625|Teesside, UK

CameronPoe wrote:

As a non-American I'd like to state the following: US gun laws and US gun crime is an internal affair for Americans.
Was just thinking the same thing after seeing the huge amount of gun threads.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6713|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
agreed, let them live in their world of fear, where their neighbour is a threat, dunno why they waste tax payer dollars on a police force? if everyone has a gun there is no need..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-04-18 04:29:41)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

IG-Calibre wrote:

agreed, let them live in their world of fear, where their is neighbour is a threat, dunno why they waste tax payer dollars on a police force, if everyone has a gun there is no need..
Canada and Mexico = threat of USA? SINCE WHEN!!!!! I want to know please. kthnxbai.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Hm .... how come i`m thinking you have a hidden agenda with this Cam ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6626|Lancaster Ohio, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

As a non-American I'd like to state the following: US gun laws and US gun crime is an internal affair for Americans. I personally could not give a shit if they legalise selling SAM missiles to 3 year olds - that's their business. I don't think it's pointful as a foreigner to harp on about legislation in another sovereign country that will not extend beyond the boundaries of the sovereign country you're criticising or impact upon anyone outside said boundaries. My two cents.
Well said man, I normally don't agree with you but thank you so much.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6713|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

agreed, let them live in their world of fear, where their is neighbour is a threat, dunno why they waste tax payer dollars on a police force, if everyone has a gun there is no need..
Canada and Mexico = threat of USA? SINCE WHEN!!!!! I want to know please. kthnxbai.
everything in USA is a threat dontchaknow sheeeeeeeeesh - arm yourself to the teeth quickly!!!!!!!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

IG-Calibre wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

everything in USA is a threat dontchaknow sheeeeeeeeesh - arm yourself to the teeth quickly!!!!!!!
zomgs even teh citizens themselves! we must defeat our enemy - the citizens!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6293|Orrstrayleea
Its not the laws, but its the people that abuse the privelge, it wrecks it for those who dont harm people
PureFodder
+225|6256

Varegg wrote:

Hm .... how come i`m thinking you have a hidden agenda with this Cam ?
Yeah, I think I can see where this one is going.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
I don't like the fact that someone with a Green card can get a gun in the United States. 

I'm all for an armed society (armed society == polite society), where people can protect themselves when the governement can't, but only citizens with a background check and no felonies should be allowed to buy a gun.
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6418|Alice Springs

Harmor wrote:

I don't like the fact that someone with a Green card can get a gun in the United States. 

I'm all for an armed society (armed society == polite society), where people can protect themselves when the governement can't, but only citizens with a background check and no felonies should be allowed to buy a gun.
I can go with this - makes sense. Attach this reform to free education & health care for citizens - non citizens pay full price - and no guns too. Any one disagree?
PekkaA
+36|6635|Finland

ATG wrote:

I was just about to say  the same...
Smitty5613
+46|6497|Middle of nowhere, California

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Harmor wrote:

I can go with this - makes sense. Attach this reform to free education & health care for citizens - non citizens pay full price - and no guns too. Any one disagree?
sounds good, as long as we dont have to register them... cuz when they are registered, then the gov can take them from you if they please
Smitty5613
+46|6497|Middle of nowhere, California

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

zomgs even teh citizens themselves! we must defeat our enemy - the citizens!
um..... sure....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard