bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6705|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Man I'm glad to see we're all still arguing over this, come on guys. You guys not from the USA will never understand about our gun culture and will never change it, so the sooner you realize that the better off the world will be. I'm going to redirect you over here, http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=70445 just read the first post by CameronPoe, that's all, and you will understand what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by bob_6012 (2007-04-18 16:57:03)

Smitty5613
+46|6577|Middle of nowhere, California
so.. alot of people in the US like to hunt and fish for fun... what stuff do you do in the UK and Australia for fun? (no trying to dis, just curious)
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6706|Land of the Very Cold
https://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/jonfoote/dali/other/Beararms.jpg
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
Guns are for those who are not man enough to fight with their hands
Smitty5613

Soldier-Of-Wasteland wrote:

ur right, we should kill that bear/mountain lion that is eating our livestock with our hands!!!
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles

Smitty5613 wrote:

ur right, we should kill that bear/mountain lion that is eating our livestock with our hands!!!
Yes, by cracking its neck
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6812

Smitty5613 wrote:

I would LOVE to see you try that.
Smitty5613

Smitty5613 wrote:

wanna come visit me out here in Cali then??
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6731|Disaster Free Zone

Smitty5613 wrote:

so.. alot of people in the US like to hunt and fish for fun... what stuff do you do in the UK and Australia for fun? (no trying to dis, just curious)
Go to the beach and perv on the topless chicks.

what the fuck kind of question is that?
Is hunting the only fun thing you do in your life? Quiet frankly I think its barbaric and stupid.
ssj3barua
+55|6739|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.

ssj3barua wrote:

Unless the mugger has a baseball bat, knife or any other weapon of the likes. Then what, are you suppose to take the beating like a man
Also what happens if you are severely outnumbered, it's not always a one on one situation.
Smitty5613

DrunkFace wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Go to the beach and perv on the topless chicks.

what the fuck kind of question is that?
Is hunting the only fun thing you do in your life? Quiet frankly I think its barbaric and stupid.
nope, we also fish like i said, we play video games, offroad, hang out wit friends, camp, and have other hobbies too... we also go to the beach and perv on topless chicks.. well... maybe not in San Francisco, but everywhere else there is a beach, we do... and that sound more barbaric than hunting
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6498|Newcastle NSW Australia
I know I said I wasnt going to post in thsi thread again but:

In Australia we surf, drink, ride bikes, ski, walk, go fishing and some people even hunt.

Also Smitty, sorry for the psonal attack before but I lost someone very close to me in the port aurthur massecre and what you said just got me enraged.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic

Wow that was sheer brilliance thank you for pointing out I'm not a man, i didn't know what was wrong with my life until now, I guess I need to give up all my guns so I can become a fine specimen of a man just like you.
Smitty5613

Invaderzim wrote:

I know I said I wasnt going to post in thsi thread again but:

In Australia we surf, drink, ride bikes, ski, walk, go fishing and some people even hunt.

Also Smitty, sorry for the psonal attack before but I lost someone very close to me in the port aurthur massecre and what you said just got me enraged.
just curious, but how do you hunt in Australia if guns are banned?? the old school way with spears? or swords? lol
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6498|Newcastle NSW Australia
Like I have said before. Guns are not banned in Australia, they are very, very tightly controlled. I was never asking you to ban guns, all I was saying was that if you have tighter controlls on them tradgedies like the virginia shootings could have been avoided.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic

Invaderzim wrote:

Like I have said before. Guns are not banned in Australia, they are very, very tightly controlled. I was never asking you to ban guns, all I was saying was that if you have tighter controlls on them tradgedies like the virginia shootings could have been avoided.
I don't have a problem with different policies, I would like to see more in depth background checks. I'm concerned that the nutjob from Virginia Tech was able to purchase a firearm legally. He had a student visa and I had heard he had been referred for mental help. Why are these people still able to get firearms? Some of the hijackers on 9/11 came over here with student visas, so I believe that perhaps we should scrutinize that system a little. Unfortunately there was nothing that could have been done legally in the case of the VT tragedy with the laws we have in place as of now, perhaps in the future that will be different. However I have a problem with people getting all ban happy like they did back with the Brady Bill that really didn't do anything to help keep guns off the streets.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6806|United States of America
Why is this still being discussed? If guns are banned kills by knives go up. If knives are banned killings by baseball bats go up, etc.  Even if guns are banned, does that stop the criminal? I think not... How about we all STFU and try to live without our idea of security being scrutinized every second of every day by you people trying to leave us vulnerable.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6518

Miller wrote:

Why is this still being discussed? If guns are banned kills by knives go up.
But kills as a whole go down.
logitech487
+16|6453|From The State Of Taxes
I say if the U.K. has 50 million people and the U.S. has 300 million and only 4 times the amount of crime. then  the  U.K. has a higher crime rate - that's the new math for you
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6682|949

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Miller wrote:

That is a step in logic.  Who is to say someone won't just go and get a bat and beat your head in instead?   Guns make it easier to kill people, but its not like there is some special aura of a gun that makes you want to kill some one.

You are assuming that since there are a lot of gun deaths, if you outlaw guns there will be no more deaths.  That COULD be true, but is not NECESSARILY true.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6620|Portland, OR, USA

Miller wrote:

Why is this still being discussed? If guns are banned kills by knives go up. If knives are banned killings by baseball bats go up, etc.  Even if guns are banned, does that stop the criminal? I think not... How about we all STFU and try to live without our idea of security being scrutinized every second of every day by you people trying to leave us vulnerable.
That's kinda true... but you can't kill 32 people with a knife without being stopped.

People just need to stop having so many fucking kids.  With so many people on the earth, we're bound to have plenty of fuck-ups who want to kill people.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6731|Disaster Free Zone
For those interested, Australian Gun Laws:

Anyone in Australia wishing to buy, own, or use a firearm is required to have a Firearms Licence and must be over the age of 18, although there are exceptions. In Queensland, unlicensed individuals may use firearms legally under the law if the proper forms are filled out beforehand. Minors can use, but not legally own firearms under a minors licence and/or with parental consent. Applicants for a firearms licence wishing to own a firearm must have a secure safe storage unit bolted to the wall or floor or have it weigh more than 150kg if it is used only for the storage of category A, B and C firearms.

For every firearm, a purchaser must obtain a Permit To Acquire. For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. The law excludes self-defence as a reason for issuing a licence.

Firearms in Australia are grouped into Categories with different levels of control. The categories are:

* Category A: rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, paintball guns, and airsoft/soft air rifles (depending on State). (For Category A an applicant must give an acceptable "Genuine Reason" for owning that firearm.)

* Category B: centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after January 1, 1901 (For Category B and higher, the applicant must prove a "Genuine Need" for each firearm of that category.)

* Category C: semi-automatic rimfire rifles, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. (Restricted: only some farmers and collectors can own working Category C firearms)

* Category D: semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action/semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds (Category D Firearms are effectively banned: only those who have an occupational need of culling large animals may own a functional Category D weapon [1].)

* Category H: handguns including air pistols, deactivated handguns and airsoft guns not exceeding 65 cm in total length. Target shooters can acquire handguns of .38" calibre or less.

(Participants in "approved" competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is not "approved" for the larger calibres, for unstated reasons. Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols, and magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. (In most other countries low-powered air/soft air/BB handguns are completely free of licencing requirements.)

* Category R: restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, .50-calibre BMG weapons, etc. (Collectors in some states only, weapons must be comprehensively deactivated. Deactivated firearms are still subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as 'live' firearms in many States.)

Theres other laws about transport which I can't find a source to. Basically to transport any firearm it must be unloaded and locked in a metal case which is then secured to the car.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Miller wrote:

That's kinda true... but you can't kill 32 people with a knife without being stopped.
You don't have to kill them all at once now do we? Targetting one or two at a time is how I would do it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6812

CommieChipmunk wrote:

So if he killed 10 people with a knife, what debate would we be having?
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Miller wrote:

That is a step in logic.  Who is to say someone won't just go and get a bat and beat your head in instead?   Guns make it easier to kill people, but its not like there is some special aura of a gun that makes you want to kill some one.

You are assuming that since there are a lot of gun deaths, if you outlaw guns there will be no more deaths.  That COULD be true, but is not NECESSARILY true.
Try to prove that kills as a whole go down, then tell me if rape and break in's go down too.  I could kill someone with my BF2 CD, just let me get it out of the computer first.  Wait wait, I'd rather shoot the bastard and not give him a chance to get within arms reach. Plus, if kills go down from banning firearms, is it because criminals care to keep within the law or because people that actually obey the law stop using guns?

Look, would you rather fight with a knife or a gun? I would go with the gun, but that's just me and other neo-cons... I'll take you one on one, you get the knife and defend yourself. Also, if any student or professor at VT had a weapons permit, maybe they could have used their weapon to stop the shooter?

Last edited by Miller (2007-04-18 18:56:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard