Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6642|United States

news wrote:

The shootings spread panic and confusion on campus, with witnesses reporting students jumping out the windows of a classroom building to escape the gunfire. SWAT team members with helmets, flak jackets and assault rifles swarmed over the campus. Students and faculty members carried out some of the wounded themselves, without waiting for ambulances to arrive.

The bloodbath took place at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston, a coed dormitory that houses 895 people, and continuing at least two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building about a half-mile away, authorities said.

Police said they were still investigating the shooting at the dorm when they got word of gunfire at the classroom building.

After the first shots were fired, students were warned to stay indoors and away from the windows. But some students said they thought the precautions had been lifted by the time the second burst of gunfire was heard, and some bitterly questioned why the gunman was able to strike a second time, two hours after the bloodshed began.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_ … h_shooting
that's sucks that 21 students have died because of some idiot that felt like shooting students.

Last edited by Private_Adam (2007-04-16 12:08:55)

>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6545|An Hour North of Indy
last i checked it was up to 31, watch this get merged.
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6473|woodbridge, VA
Its actually around 31-32 now.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6292
That is horrible..
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6642|United States

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

when I read it on yahoo news it said 21 but then when I watched it on cnn it said 31 dead students
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6707|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Private_Adam wrote:

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

when I read it on yahoo news it said 21 but then when I watched it on cnn it said 31 dead students
Yahoo is up to date now, and the toll thus far is 31 killed, 32 if you add in the dead gunman.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6699|th3 unkn0wn
That's wot you get when you live in a country where gun ownership is legal. And it's likely to happen again some time in the future too as a result of someone who's mentally ill.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6671|Dayton, Ohio

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

That's wot you get when you live in a country where gun ownership is legal. And it's likely to happen again some time in the future too as a result of someone who's mentally ill.
No, that is what you get when people are taught to blame others for thier own problems rather than being taught to deal with failure and rejection properly.  He could have killed just as many people by driving his car in to a school bus.  Guns are a medium not the problem.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6379|New York
Un fucking believable. Fucking loser douchebag, shooting up a college.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
topthrill05
+125|6568|Rochester NY USA

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

You lack a brain.

This is a dark day for the US.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6766|UK
Great I can't wait 'til the fucking "blame it on video games" crew jump on the band wagon so I can get told that I shouldn't buy computer games unless it involves brushing My Little Pony's hair. In-case some ignorant mum in her 4x4 jeep nips into gamestation to buy little Timmy the latest 18 rated shoot em up gore-fest video game with the guy on the front cover blowing a zombie's head off! Then when he stabs his mate in the face with a machete blame it on the game he was playing and not the fact you didn't show him enough love and missed the fact that he was ripping limbs off of his toys way before he played the game.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6831|UK
So guns are ok ?

didnt think so
DemonAlucard
+2|6464|Laredo,Texas USA

Milk.org wrote:

Great I can't wait 'til the fucking "blame it on video games" crew jump on the band wagon so I can get told that I shouldn't buy computer games unless it involves brushing My Little Pony's hair. In-case some ignorant mum in her 4x4 jeep nips into gamestation to buy little Timmy the latest 18 rated shoot em up gore-fest video game with the guy on the front cover blowing a zombie's head off! Then when he stabs his mate in the face with a machete blame it on the game he was playing and not the fact you didn't show him enough love and missed the fact that he was ripping limbs off of his toys way before he played the game.
as a matter of fact...i heard that Jack Thompson came out on Fox news.....i am pretty sure  everyone knows who this prick is....
eagles1106
+269|6574|Marlton, New Jersey.
Gun ownership should be legal, but I actually have an idea where there:

1.  Should be an age limit, preferably people out of college.
2.  The gun owner is forced to store it in a secured building where when they want to use it, they have to have a legible reason, proof for the reason, and must have it back before a certain time.
3.  Should be restrictions on people with criminal records and people in schooling.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6707|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

eagles1106 wrote:

1.  Should be an age limit, preferably people out of college. There is already a limit, but it varies by state
2.  The gun owner is forced to store it in a secured building where when they want to use it, they have to have a legible reason, proof for the reason, and must have it back before a certain time. Interisting idea, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't work.  i.e. A person says they need their gun to go hunting for the weekend.  Person gets their gun, and instead of hunting, shoots someone.  Also, some people carry guns to protect themselves so, while this is an interesting idea, it complicates things too much.
3.  Should be restrictions on people with criminal records and people in schooling. The Brady (sp?) laws prevent people with felonies on their criminal records from owning guns.  The age limit is supposed to keep guns out of people's hands through high school
Just for information's sake.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6530|The Lost Highway

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

No, that is what you get when people are taught to blame others for thier own problems rather than being taught to deal with failure and rejection properly.  He could have killed just as many people by driving his car in to a school bus.  Guns are a medium not the problem.
Exactly. Isn't knife ownership legal over there in the UK? And aren't there a lot of stabbings? Christ, someone better put a ban on knives.

StokoE wrote:

So guns are ok ?

didnt think so
No bro, they're ok. And part of the American way of life.

eagles1106 wrote:

1.  Should be an age limit, preferably people out of college.
2.  The gun owner is forced to store it in a secured building where when they want to use it, they have to have a legible reason, proof for the reason, and must have it back before a certain time.
3.  Should be restrictions on people with criminal records and people in schooling.
I don't exactly agree with 1 or 3, but number 2 is ridiculous. What good does a gun 5 miles away in a building do you if your house is broken into?

What happens if the Gov't declares Martial Law? All those guns we could use to protect ourselves would be in the hands of 'the man,' man.

Back on topic... My condolences to anyone effected by this, and RIP to the victims.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6429

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Haha, they haven't even released the shooter's name yet, but somehow you know exactly what ails him.  While I think guns should be legal, I definately think they are part of the problem.  We just hand guns out, and then wonder why when a mentally ill person freaks out and happens to have one.  I SERIOUSLY agree with Chris Rock.  Keep guns legal, just make bullets $500 a piece.  Someone would REALLY deserve it to get plugged with 10 bullets.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-04-16 13:23:34)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6403|Belgium

Milk.org wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Haven't seen or heard about it but that's because it's late in the evening here now. I'll check the news at 11 PM.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6737|The United Center

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard