blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6662
Bus drivers have nicknamed a white cat Macavity after it has started using the No 331 several mornings a week. The feline, which has a purple collar, gets onto the busy Walsall to Wolverhampton bus at the same stop most mornings - he then jumps off at the next stop 400m down the road, near a fish and chip shop. The cat was nicknamed Macavity after the mystery cat in T.S Elliot's poem. He gets on the bus in front of a row of 1950s semi-detached houses and jumps off at a row of shops down the road which include a fish and chip shop.

Driver Bill Khunkhun, 49, who first saw the cat jumping from the bus in January, said: "It is really odd, the first time I saw the cat jumping off the bus with a group of passengers. I hadn't seen it get on which was a bit confusing. "The next day I pulled up on Churchill Road to let a couple of passengers on. As soon as I opened the doors the cat ran towards the bus, jumped on and ran under one of the seats, I don't think any of the passengers noticed. "Because I had seen it jump off the day before I carried on driving and sure enough when I stopped just down the road he jumped off - I don't know why he would catch the bus but he seems to like it. I told some of the other drivers on this route and they have seen him too."

Since January, when the cat first caught the bus he has done it two or three times a week and always gets on and off at the same stops. Passenger, Paul Brennan, 19, who catches the 331 to work, said: "I first noticed the cat a few weeks ago. At first I thought it had been accompanied by its owner but after the first stop it became quite clear he was on his own. "He sat at the front of the bus, waited patiently for the next stop and then got off. It was was quite strange at first but now it just seems normal. I suppose he is the perfect passenger really - he sits quietly, minds his own business and then gets off."

Image of the cat
News Source
agent146
+127|6403|Jesus Land aka Canada
cats are not just "wind up toys" they can think. lol i like cats
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)
How does he pay?
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6587|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

How does he pay?
hairballs. duh.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6843|Lithuania

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

How does he pay?
damn freeloading cat
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

How does he pay?
damn freeloading cat
maybe it's Fat Freddy's cat. (not sure why that made me think of that)
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6390|Kyiv, Ukraine
That's nothing, come to Bucharest sometime.  We have stray dogs that ride the tube regularly and seem to know exactly where to get off and on like they're on important business (blew my mind the first few times I saw it).  The other funny thing is the stray dogs that wait at the crosswalks for the light to change.  I thought they were following the crowd, then I saw it a few times when there were no people around them as well.
Reciprocity
+721|6597|the dank(super) side of Oregon
never underestimate a clever pussy.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6306|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

That's nothing, come to Bucharest sometime.  We have stray dogs that ride the tube regularly and seem to know exactly where to get off and on like they're on important business (blew my mind the first few times I saw it).  The other funny thing is the stray dogs that wait at the crosswalks for the light to change.  I thought they were following the crowd, then I saw it a few times when there were no people around them as well.
On the A-train here in NYC, there's pigeons in the Ozone Park area that know how to take the train and scavenge for food.

NYC Pigeons > Bucharest's stray dogs
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6689|A sunburnt country

Reciprocity wrote:

never underestimate a clever pussy.
There is no such thing as clever pussy, just cunning pussy.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6543|Milkystania, yurop
haha so random
Skorpy-chan
+127|6361|Twyford, UK
So? Cats are really smart.
Master*
Banned
+416|6511|United States
*insert lolcat here*
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
that cat is just.. win. wincat.

My cats are quite clever too, theyve figured out how to ring the doorbell if I don't let em in.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6678|The Outer Circle
Cats are smart! fact! lol

...Also, (Being very sad ere') I drive that same type of bus, for the same company. Volvo B6LE. )

not in wollyampton tho' AG.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6371

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

this is unbelievable I gota send this to my sister.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6566|EUtopia | Austria
The cat's smile is by far more mysterious than the one of Mona Lisa!
topal63
. . .
+533|6735
Reminds my of a white-cat I once had... that had one blue-eye and one green eye. That cat was very smart as well.
syndicat111
+39|6695|UK
Pointless Info: 
Macavity = Bad guy in the multi-award winning production "CATs", whereby he represented Professor Morriaty (Spelling?) the bad guy from Sherlock Holmes 

edit:

added video, and yes sound works just takes a minute to warm up

Last edited by syndicat111 (2007-04-16 11:17:54)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6701|West Yorkshire, U.K
A vid would be really good
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6759|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
why is this in D & ST? junk draw ftw..
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

IG-Calibre wrote:

why is this in D & ST? junk draw ftw..
I was waiting for someone to say that. "Nature; domestic animal behavior" can be considered serious talk. Junk drawer ftl. What, you want everything here to be about religion, rifles and Iraq? For shame.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-16 13:01:28)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6302|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

SargeV1.4 wrote:

My cats are quite clever too, theyve figured out how to ring the doorbell if I don't let em in.
How polite
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6759|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

syndicat111 wrote:

Pointless Info: 
Macavity = Bad guy in the multi-award winning production "CATs", whereby he represented Professor Morriaty (Spelling?) the bad guy from Sherlock Holmes 

edit:

added video, and yes sound works just takes a minute to warm up
sigh.. I suppose if it is going to be in D&ST may as well have something educational in it.  Macavity = TS Eliot's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats " which "Cats" the musical was based on, but please never ever does Macavity just equal "CATs"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Possum … tical_Cats
Skorpy-chan
+127|6361|Twyford, UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Amazing. Mine just headbutts the door and yowls because he can't reach it.

Although he does understand English to make up for it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard