neon_flux601
+18|6261|Sidahnee Orstrayleeah

Bubbalo wrote:

Right.............so, basically, blame everyone but the people running around bashing people up?
I never said anything like that, and this thread has already established that the rioters were in the wrong.

What is your argument here?
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6458|Alice Springs

Spark wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

WHat is the one main reason that thinking people in Western countries are concerned about Muslims??

Terrorism - almost all current terror attacks are being perpetrated by Muslim radicals. The old guard (Red Army & IRA, others like ANC & SWAPO etc) have all stopped a long time ago.

Islam is the only religion that can claim to be encouraged by their holy writings - with such promises as 70 virgins waiting for them in paradise if they kill a Jew or a Christian. according to what I remember from the plethora of interviews following 9/11.

so what to do??? moderate Muslims could dob in a radical to the police. responsible adults could report the names of rapists that are in hiding from the police etc etc etc. The onus is on the ethnic minorities to fit into Australian society.
Are you sure about that? Are you absolutely sure that those post 9/11 interviews were accurate and not twisted?

The problem is that Australian society is defined by what it isn't - not what it is. Very similar to how German society was defined in the 30's...
I know there was a lot of misinfo at that time - also lots of accurate stuff - moderate Muslims were also interviewed and quoted post 9/11. However their stand was that Al Qaida (spelling?) were misinterpreting the Quran - also what radicals said about moderates.

One thing that was said by a moderate Muslim that really stuck in my mind was that "ONLY 20% of Muslims are radicals"

WTF - 1 billion Muslims and ONLY 20% are radicals - that means 200 MILLION Muslims are radicals - SHIT a brick we are ALL screwed.

I don't know were that guy got that statistic from but it does concern me.
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6458|Alice Springs

Bubbalo wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

with such promises as 70 virgins waiting for them in paradise if they kill a Jew or a Christian.
Except that they were commanded to protect peoples of the book..........................
which book do you refer to,            Torah, Bible,     or Quran ?????
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
The book...............they were supposed to defend all Christians/Jews/Muslims (and did defend Jews against Christians, it ought be mentioned).  You do know that the Torah serves as the Old Testament?  And, further, that Muslims believe in the writings of the Torah and in Jesus as a prophet (just not the latest one)?
neon_flux601

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

I know there was a lot of misinfo at that time - also lots of accurate stuff - moderate Muslims were also interviewed and quoted post 9/11. However their stand was that Al Qaida (spelling?) were misinterpreting the Quran - also what radicals said about moderates.

One thing that was said by a moderate Muslim that really stuck in my mind was that "ONLY 20% of Muslims are radicals"

WTF - 1 billion Muslims and ONLY 20% are radicals - that means 200 MILLION Muslims are radicals - SHIT a brick we are ALL screwed.

I don't know were that guy got that statistic from but it does concern me.
What a ridiculous set of figures.

So there's a billion Muslims are there? Then there's 5 billion other people... hmm...

Let's not even reasonably think about the impossible idea of mobilising an 'army' of Muslims of that size.

Leave the scaremongering figures for CNN.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

neon_flux601 wrote:

I never said anything like that

neon_flux601 wrote:

If you're going to blame someone for what got out of hand blame our pissweak police force that is more interested in revenue than it is in keeping the peace...........................Blame the radio shock jocks and the newspapers
The rioters are mysteriously absent....................................
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6333|Orrstrayleea

Bubbalo wrote:

neon_flux601 wrote:

neon_flux601 wrote:

If you're going to blame someone for what got out of hand blame our pissweak police force that is more interested in revenue than it is in keeping the peace...........................Blame the radio shock jocks and the newspapers
Blame the police? why should they get hurt/bashed over a bunch of muslims just let them wreck themselves, could you imagine what the public would have said if the police had taken action and kicked their asses, "Ooooooh You ganged up on the muslims and bashed them, it was a racial attack!!!" i beleive the police were the only ones  helping in the cronella riots, everyone else just said i"ts a serious matter that needs to be delt with and"- then they did nothing
neon_flux601

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

neon_flux601 wrote:

neon_flux601 wrote:

Blame the police? why should they get hurt/bashed over a bunch of muslims just let them wreck themselves, could you imagine what the public would have said if the police had taken action and kicked their asses, "Ooooooh You ganged up on the muslims and bashed them, it was a racial attack!!!" i beleive the police were the only ones  helping in the cronella riots, everyone else just said i"ts a serious matter that needs to be delt with and"- then they did nothing
I'm not trying to defend the rioters, i've never tried to defend their actions - i'm merely trying to convey a point that 'Muslim Radicals' weren't the only ones to blame.

The police were unorganised and spread thin - they took too long too respond to what was happening whilst the riots were being organised... this was established in the subsequent inquiries.

Stop taking my points out of context; i'm not trying to "prove you wrong" i'm trying to contribute to a discussion, but you guys seem so keen on an argument.

Sticking your head in the sand won't help - consider listening to someone else's perspective once in a while - i'm not trying to force you to agree with it, but you keep on seeing it that way.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
When did I say that Muslim radicals were to blame?
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6458|Alice Springs

Bubbalo wrote:

The book...............they were supposed to defend all Christians/Jews/Muslims (and did defend Jews against Christians, it ought be mentioned).  You do know that the Torah serves as the Old Testament?  And, further, that Muslims believe in the writings of the Torah and in Jesus as a prophet (just not the latest one)?
so how do you explain their attitude towards Jews & Christians - suicide bombing buses & trains doesn't look like a very effective way to defend them. Does it?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

so how do you explain their attitude towards Jews & Christians - suicide bombing buses & trains doesn't look like a very effective way to defend them. Does it?
Oh, you're right, and clearly they couldn't possibly have it wrong.  No, sir, same as Jesus wanted Priests to rape young boys.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6702|Calgary
cool...I hope that happens here in Canada.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bubbalo wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Oh, you're right, and clearly they couldn't possibly have it wrong.  No, sir, same as Jesus wanted Priests to rape young boys.
Ouch...

Well, I come back to D&ST after a short break and I see Bubs still does this. Loving the dry, bitter, witty and pointed debating style dude...

Always good for a laugh. Remind me not to argue with you, lest I be humiliated and psychologically traumatised.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6458|Alice Springs

Bubbalo wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

clearly your confused again. Bubbalo will always make smartypants comments. You know full well that Jesus did no such thing, instead He declared that the sexually immoral would burn in Hell for all eternity. As will thieves & liars, murderers and such, etc. etc.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

clearly your confused again. Bubbalo will always make smartypants comments. You know full well that Jesus did no such thing, instead He declared that the sexually immoral would burn in Hell for all eternity. As will thieves & liars, murderers and such, etc. etc.
And yet Priests molest children.  Does Chrisianity get called a religion of pedophilia?
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6458|Alice Springs

Bubbalo wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

And yet Priests molest children.  Does Christianity get called a religion of pedophilia?
A handful of bad apples, doesn't mean the entire religion is guilty. Quite frankly any paedophile deserves to hang - never-mind our weak judiciary mostly giving them a slap on the wrist.

And you will notice that the majority of these bad boys are Roman Catholic priests - the church that forbids them from marrying - which the bible clearly forbids. See 1 Timothy chapters 3 & 4. and sorry but I don't have time to type the text here, your just going to have to actually pick up a Bible and read it for yourself. baby wants his bottle.
Ratzinger
+43|6402|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Oh, those few bad apples that spoil their otherwise spotless image.

Actually, the Anglicans go alright at this sort of stuff too...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6682|UK
Mulslims? Oz?

Bubbs gtfo my country.......my ancestors owned that shit.

Damn christain zionist crusader invaders always taking what isn't theirs and have the nerve to call us animals. pheessh.  Bastards.

Melbourne here i come baby.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Yes totally agree. Australia is a Secular State with Laws created by Parliament. Sharia Law has no standing. Those Muslims that dont agree with Australian Laws SHOULD leave.
Agreed...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

A handful of bad apples, doesn't mean the entire religion is guilty.
That's kinda my point.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

Turquoise wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Yes totally agree. Australia is a Secular State with Laws created by Parliament. Sharia Law has no standing. Those Muslims that dont agree with Australian Laws SHOULD leave.
Agreed...
And yet gay marriage is illegal...............................
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6682|UK

Bubbalo wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

A handful of bad apples, doesn't mean the entire religion is guilty.
That's kinda my point.
I'd wish ATG would get that point.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Sparx
+0|6211
No ATG, the aboriginies were. Just like the Native American Indians were on the North American Conitent. But as usual some of you from Europe want to claim everything for yourselves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard