Fearmesnipers
+41|6437|Wales
Wtf is the logic in these. Larger maps and less people. To me thats saying less people to kill so less SPM. It doesnt matter how many tickets there are. When i go on the damn servers it takes forever to even find people as its just people capping flags. I get more points on  32/32. SEriously guys there is zero logic. The only reason i can think of these is so you get a big "best round" score.

Anyways rant over i was wondering why people play these... is there some reaason i have missed
Word^
The biggest fear, is fear its self.
+7|6216|D_Dust
I heard they are aganst ROE or whatever but who realy cares, like my buddy Unknown "Who realy cares, it is just a fucking game." And he is right, ESPECALLY when you spend YOUR money on a game that costs as much as it does.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6437|Wales
huh.... i dont get that reply... Im asking why do people play them... as i dont even see a benefit to them. unless they like holding shift :S
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
Their not for SPM, K&Ps are for that, they are for best round scores.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

They're also for getting awards with high time requirements. Some of them need you to be in a role for > 30 minutes, so you need a server where the rounds go a long time.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6282|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Fearmesnipers wrote:

huh.... i dont get that reply... Im asking why do people play them... as i dont even see a benefit to them. unless they like holding shift :S
Because there are fewer people to kill, rounds go on longer, giving you more chances to get kills. Also, there's slightly fewer medic whores, and actions tends to shift around a lot. For example, in Karkand (your standard hi-points map), once the Americans capture the Hotel and Square and stuff, the MEC tends to sneak around, and move the action to the other side of the map by capping hotel again.

Of course, for those of us too lazy to walk, there is the suicide button.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

cowami wrote:

Fearmesnipers wrote:

Of course, for those of us too lazy to walk, there is the suicide button.
And for those of us who are tired of CS:S, there are still a few non-IO servers out there. A jeep or heli will get you around the map lickety-split!
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6481|Kamloops, BC Canada
I agree. But sometimes I like joining 10/64 maps just for some relaxing times or since I'm a noob at flying some flying practice.
kilgoretrout
+53|6462|Little Rock, AR
I totally agree.  I think people just like to see 300 points by their name or something.  I think my SPM is probably lower on a "high points" server because I'll get 250-300 points, but it'll take the same ammount of time as playing 3 or 4 70-100 point full 64 player maps.  Every once in a while it's a nice change of pace because it's so much slower, but I can't stand more than 2 or 3 rounds of it before I want to get back into some action.
[PAus] dhoar4
+2|6316
http://www.projectaus.com/forum/profile … efer_id=35

If you like 64 size maps with 16 players on it, we've got one of the best servers in Australia.  Our server is ALWAYS admin'd and you can almost always have [PAus] fellas in there with you.

EDIT:  Aussies only...Sorry.

Last edited by [PAus] dhoar4 (2007-04-14 21:05:52)

T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6275|Pennsyltucky

Quite a few of the games I play turn out to LOOK like high point servers.  ie: 3-4 people on a 64 player map.

The reality is though we're just trying to get a server started.  Once the server gets 12-16 people on it we'll move onto the next one.  The server I play on runs about 5 different BF2 games at any given time.  What we try to do is go in the empty ones & get them populated.  I don't know if you can post names here so I won't.  If you're curious though X-Fire me between 7:30 - 10:30 am eastern & give us a hand.  We always have a lot of fun.  Teamspeak is a PLUS.

I prefer Special Forces myself but we just got a new "Urban Assault" server going, seems like it'll be fun.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6221|Switzerland
I play them a lot, and i get good SPM. You get many points by capping flags, but also u can make many kills u just have to know where the enemies are (UAV)
I just think that 64/64 servers are to crowded...
4thHazard
+5|6240|Australia [Sydney NSW]
I play on my clans Server its a 16 Player with the size of 64 Map I get around 100-330 In a Good round Bad round its still in the hundreds
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6613|Gold coast, Aus.

[PAus] dhoar4 wrote:

http://www.projectaus.com/forum/profile.php?mode=register&refer_id=35

If you like 64 size maps with 16 players on it, we've got one of the best servers in Australia.  Our server is ALWAYS admin'd and you can almost always have [PAus] fellas in there with you.

EDIT:  Aussies only...Sorry.
Good server. If i feel like a bit of vehicle whorage i head over there.
keyoshi
+28|6412
You can also do w/e the name of those servers are...I forgot...for that pesky little expert explosives badge...and not actually get a shit KD
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6687|UK
Id rather play like that than 64p with a claymore around every corner and a frag in every spawn.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6572|England
Been away for a while and i see the same old subjects are still here and the whine .Just have fun plaing it kids its game play it how u feel and fook everyone else .
Fearmesnipers
+41|6437|Wales

Samtheman53 wrote:

Id rather play like that than 64p with a claymore around every corner and a frag in every spawn.
I play normally 16 player/ 16 map

or 20-30 player / 32 map.. i dont do 64 player maps or anything with more than 40 people... But 16 player on 64 is just boring ..zzzzZZzZzZZZ
Cooper_J_Z
+1|6222|Oklahoma
I have rarely been in a "High Points" server that was actually high points. One team usually sucks so bad the round ends 283-0. Hmmm 50 points is really high points huh. 32/64 is what I always play. Best round is 250 without commander but normal is about 150. I dont see how its high points. Maybe thats why its named 99 round Karkand Infantry only <RB> and not high points.

Last edited by Cooper_J_Z (2007-04-15 07:58:36)

ReTox
+100|6491|State of RETOXification
I used to play on a High Points Warlord server (high being 100+ IAR) in Germany that was awesome.  They played 32 on the 64 player map.  As far as I know that is within the ROE since the minimum number of players clause was always met.

32 people on a 64 player map (any map really) is pretty much as good as it gets for quality gaming (imho).  You're not too compressed yet there are enough bodies for everyone to get their frag on.  There is also enough distance between the factions that taking over the entire map is unlikely.  It's easier to sneak away from 16 people than it is 32.

Last edited by ReTox (2007-04-15 09:31:22)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord

Fearmesnipers wrote:

Anyways rant over i was wondering why people play these... is there some reaason i have missed
Especially late at night I like longer rounds, particularly playing as sniper since my killing rate is relatively low compared to a medic or assault player in a tight urban situation. The length of the game and the lower number of people gives you time and opportunity to take and retake territory many times. It can get a bit boring at times (10-12 people on 64-player Karkand is usually pretty much a snoozefest... I once went ten minutes + without seeing a single enemy!) but overall I like that the battle isn't over just as you get into things.

Short rounds always leave me thinking it would be good if the game had laster longer, assuming the team I'm on is not getting hammered.

Fearmesnipers wrote:

Wtf is the logic in these. Larger maps and less people. To me thats saying less people to kill so less SPM.
Yeah, but more time to find 'em and kill 'em, plus flags of course.

The true high-point server will also have some restriction on gameplay, which is what made (makes?) then against the rules. Things like:
Don't take the Mosque, that is the Insurgent uncap
or
Cement Factory is MEC uncap, don't take it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard