Reciprocity
+721|6583|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ATG wrote:

I would refer you to the siege at Mount Carmel in Waco Texas as to how Americans respond to heavy-handed tactics.

Of course, the government can overwhelm any small revolution.

The fact is, Americans have been proven willing to stand, fight and die for their beliefs.

That is why we are free.
Sorry, I don't consider a child molester with a messiah complex to be a  revolutionary.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

...the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Propaganda Ftw!!!!!!!
What is Argentina's slogan?
We invade Falklands we have really good beef you buy now!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Reciprocity wrote:

ATG wrote:

I would refer you to the siege at Mount Carmel in Waco Texas as to how Americans respond to heavy-handed tactics.

The fact is, Americans have been proven willing to stand, fight and die for their beliefs.

That is why we are free.
Sorry, I don't consider a child molester with a messiah complex to be a  revolutionary.
I suppose you believe the Earth is flat too.

Review the evidence; that's just one of the false charges they used to raid the compound.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ATG wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

ATG wrote:

That is why we are free.

Review the evidence; that's just one of the false charges they used to raid the compound.
and to what end, are you willing to embrace, if "freedom" for you means we can disregard authority at our will, at our convenience, and our leisure. As posted in your other thread, you fight the govt. in a court of law and court of public opinion, without fear of govt. reprisal. THIS, is but one of many examples of what it means to be free. To have your day in court when you feel you have been wronged, by private citizen or the govt. alike.
Superglueman
+21|6361|The Great South Land

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

...the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Propaganda Ftw!!!!!!!
What is Argentina's slogan?
I thought that was an anthem, not just a slogan.
"Everything" about america is a slogan or sales pitch...
ATG
Banned

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

and to what end, are you willing to embrace, if "freedom" for you means we can disregard authority at our will, at our convenience, and our leisure. As posted in your other thread, you fight the govt. in a court of law and court of public opinion, without fear of govt. reprisal. THIS, is but one of many examples of what it means to be free. To have your day in court when you feel you have been wronged, by private citizen or the govt. alike.
I would refer you to Supergluemans' sig.

They had a choice, about bringing Koresh into court and the rat bastards chose to murder him instead .

America to me is an ideal. The America represented by Bill Clinton and his ilk can burn in a fire.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

I would refer you to Supergluemans' sig.

They had a choice, about bringing Koresh into court and the rat bastards chose to murder him instead .

America to me is an ideal. The America represented by Bill Clinton and his ilk can burn in a fire.
actually I agree with that sig whole heartedly. However, there is such a thing as to "live to fight for another day".
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

ATG wrote:

Apart from the fact that Clinton didn't plan the operation.............................

You do know that they gave him a chance to surrender?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Apart from the fact that Clinton didn't plan the operation.............................

great, now I am stooping so low as to actually agree with bubbalo now, against my Captain.  Is this the alternate universe I keep hearing about on the Sci-Fi channel?
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6467|Melbourne - Home of Football
Former Chess Champion Garry Kasparov was also arrested as he attempted to attend a protest against Putin held by the United Civil Front.

According to sources, he was about to play chess against Putin for the title of "Pawnmaster of Russia," or possibly attempt to shock him out of power with his fashion sense, see picture 2.

https://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/04/15/svKASPAROV_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg
https://www.chesscenter.com/wijk2001/kasparov.jpg

Last edited by <BoTM>J_Aero (2007-04-15 21:56:01)

ATG
Banned

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

great, now I am stooping so low as to actually agree with bubbalo now, against my Captain.  Is this the alternate universe I keep hearing about on the Sci-Fi channel?
Jesus.

Did either of you guys ever read about the evidence in the case?

For example:

Few Americans realize that on February 28, 1993 when Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms ("BATF") agents in National Guard helicopters zoomed in on the Branch Davidians' church and home, Mount Carmel Center, they did so with guns blazing, like Americans raiding a Vietnamese village in that far off war. Davidians claim such firing killed four people. David Koresh's unarmed father-in-law, who stood with him at the front door while the unarmed Koresh begged BATF agents to back off, was mortally wounded by gunfire from BATF agents on the ground. These agents shot wildly and threw grenades at the building for more than an hour, even as Davidians called "911" to beg for a ceasefire. BATF snipers later assassinated one Davidian as he tried to reenter Mount Carmel to join his family.

In his conversation with a "911" operator soon after the raid Koresh stated: "You need to call the President of the United States and explain to him what you have done. You've ruined this country. You've ruined the nation. This is a democracy, supposedly, a republic." (Koresh had invited BATF agents to inspect his weapons six months before and provided them with full documentation.) Both Koresh and BATF agents knew that if Mount Carmel, whose bullet ridden roofs and walls contained evidence of the vicious and illegal helicopter attack, was left standing, the Davidians probably would be acquitted of murder of federal agents by a sympathetic jury. In fact, survivors were acquitted of all murder charges! Even worse, BATF agents could face prosecution and imprisonment for negligent or intentional homicide in the deaths of the unarmed Davidians.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Jesus.

For example:

Few Americans realize that on February 28, 1993 when Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms ("BATF") agents in National Guard helicopters zoomed in on the Branch Davidians' church and home, Mount Carmel Center, they did so with guns blazing, like Americans raiding a Vietnamese village in that far off war. Davidians claim such firing killed four people. David Koresh's unarmed father-in-law, who stood with him at the front door while the unarmed Koresh begged BATF agents to back off, was mortally wounded by gunfire from BATF agents on the ground. These agents shot wildly and threw grenades at the building for more than an hour, even as Davidians called "911" to beg for a ceasefire. BATF snipers later assassinated one Davidian as he tried to reenter Mount Carmel to join his family.

In his conversation with a "911" operator soon after the raid Koresh stated: "You need to call the President of the United States and explain to him what you have done. You've ruined this country. You've ruined the nation. This is a democracy, supposedly, a republic." (Koresh had invited BATF agents to inspect his weapons six months before and provided them with full documentation.) Both Koresh and BATF agents knew that if Mount Carmel, whose bullet ridden roofs and walls contained evidence of the vicious and illegal helicopter attack, was left standing, the Davidians probably would be acquitted of murder of federal agents by a sympathetic jury. In fact, survivors were acquitted of all murder charges! Even worse, BATF agents could face prosecution and imprisonment for negligent or intentional homicide in the deaths of the unarmed Davidians.
I completely understand, my hang up is the 2 weeks prior to the action against the compound. They should have come out when ordered to, and this whole mess would have been avoided. I watched this shit play out on TV. It was worse than Anna Nichole Smith or fuckin OJ. Why did they "stand-off" in the first place, instead of coming out??
ATG
Banned

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jesus.

For example:

I completely understand, my hang up is the 2 weeks prior to the action against the compound. They should have come out when ordered to, and this whole mess would have been avoided. I watched this shit play out on TV. It was worse than Anna Nichole Smith or fuckin OJ. Why did they "stand-off" in the first place, instead of coming out??
The ATF wanted a high profile raid against people who would react.

They could have gotten him when he was away from the compound at the gun show. The Texas Rangers had been to the compound to investigate with no issues.

Why did they shoot the unarmed 15 year old on the corn silo?
Why didn't they attempt to get him away from the compound.

They went there to instigate a confrontation, and they got it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jesus.

For example:

They could have gotten him when he was away from the compound at the gun show. The Texas Rangers had been to the compound to investigate with no issues.

OK, but my question still stands, why the stand-off for two weeks? Why did they NOT come out when they could look outside and see all the fire power?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|NÃ¥rvei

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Jesus.

For example:

Why didn`t they get them away from the compound ?

Isn`t that pretty clear ? ..... it`s easier to detain people confined to a restricted area and that`s a fairly common practice both in the police and the millitary - it`s way harder and takes way more resourses to detain a group of people in different locations !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ATG
Banned

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Why didn`t they get them away from the compound ?

Isn`t that pretty clear ? ..... it`s easier to detain people confined to a restricted area and that`s a fairly common practice both in the police and the millitary - it`s way harder and takes way more resourses to detain a group of people in different locations !
Oh god, can we argue about this in the thread about Waco?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=70144

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard