benzoenator
+4|6240
So I'm bored of Jalalabad, so I decide to play some Karkand for a bit. When I joined the server I noticed it was pretty much full (60 people or something). I thought that'd just mean there'd be a lot more infantry battle. Boy was I wrong. It's like 60% snipers, 40% medics, and there's no chance to do any actual infantry battle, because as soon as you get away from the shadows of a building, you get pulverized by a Tank or APC. You get owned by some sniper, a medic revives you, you get owned again, another medic revives you both, then all three get owned. It's ridiculous! I can't see why people love it, to be honest. All the people in the top ten rankings have like 3000 hours on Karkand. In my opinion, Jala is a lot better because there are not nearly the amount of tanks/APCs there are on Karkand, and when you start, you don't have to go into a huge scrum of tanks and the like if you're on USMC, as you can cut straight through Lake and get the northern flags like Market, Hotel and Mosque. If you're USMC on Karkand, you can't actually cut through past Hotel unless you're on foot, and then it's only a matter of time before a sniper owns you.

/rant.

Last edited by benzoenator (2007-04-14 18:03:31)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

The ones that own love it.

but indeed karkand sucks

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-04-14 17:59:09)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6423|My room
Two words: Medic Whores
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

More like 90% medics, 5% snipers, and a zillion % grenades.

I know... it doesn't add up...
benzoenator
+4|6240
I've heard people say there are a lot of medics, and there are... But boy there were a lot of snipers too...
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6658|The View From The Afternoon
last time I checked, there is no map referred to as "Karland".

wrong section perhaps?
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6230|Scotland!
I'm a Karkand medic whore

I find more snipers play on servers with FF off and no rules against claymores so they can kamikaze claymore flags and spawns in general.

I find there's usually as many support on karkand as there is medics usually.
l41e
+677|6650

Never played Karland, unfortunately. Does that come with a booster pack?
benzoenator
+4|6240
Lol whoops! Shows how much I know about the map
DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6231|On your screen
There are. As for snipers, they're always camped out somewhere along the hills if they're MEC.

I'm sick of the ridiculous amounts of snipers on the map...but most suck
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6485|P-way, NJ
How about try INFANTRY MODE
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6230|Scotland!

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Only if you're good at running away from a torrent of grenades. Most Karkand rounds are like trying to dodge hailstones
DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6231|On your screen

Jameseyy wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Only if you're good at running away from a torrent of grenades. Most Karkand rounds are like trying to dodge hailstones
Depends on what server. Some are pretty good, cuz they ban/kick nade hores, and all kinds of horing are frowned upon.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6494
32- player karkand servers are better. 64 player sucks.
Smokie_UK1
"INSOMNIAC KILLER"
+5|6237
Benzoenator, what the fuck, Jalalabad is a TANK fest where as """KARKAND""" NOT"""KARLAND""" is a mixed vehicle fest. Both of the maps are in different leagues, dependent on the skill of the player. You might need a bit more practice then have another try, if you still fail, bin the game and go back to Call Of Duty POO er i mean 2.
DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6231|On your screen

Smokie_UK1 wrote:

Benzoenator, what the fuck, Jalalabad is a TANK fest where as """KARKAND""" NOT"""KARLAND""" is a mixed vehicle fest. Both of the maps are in different leagues, dependent on the skill of the player. You might need a bit more practice then have another try, if you still fail, bin the game and go back to Call Of Duty POO er i mean 2.
+1
RFTBunny
+4|6463|United States
its karkand buddy ... not karkland
Smokie_UK1
"INSOMNIAC KILLER"
+5|6237

DeltaForce wrote:

Smokie_UK1 wrote:

+1
KaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRRRmmmmmmmAAAAAAAAA
benzoenator
+4|6240
Ok, we've established I spelt it wrong. I can't change the thread title with the edit function. We've built that bridge back up, and we've moved on.

Personally I think I saw more tanks on Karkand than I ever do on Jala. Even if there appear to be more on Karkand, it's a whole lot easier to escape them in DPVs than it is on Karkand.
hanwinting
+3|6245
lol try IO Karkand XD
Nades SHOWER!!!

Last edited by hanwinting (2007-04-14 18:44:04)

Fearmesnipers
+41|6447|Wales

hanwinting wrote:

lol try IO Karkand XD
Nades SHOWER!!!
Why does everyone over exagerate. Seriously at the start of a round due to everyone starting close everyone will throw their 4 nades. After thats its like any other map.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6230|Switzerland
I like Karkand...

but i only play on servers with 16-24 slots with big sized maps (teh high scorez )
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

in Jalalabad both teams start off with 2 tanks and the outpost has another 1 or 2. Thats only if you don't play IO, if you do then it's a very balanced map and any side can totally pwn the other.

If you're on Karkand you better hope you're not on 32 size map cause Mec doesn't have the apc to match the US so they get raped from the start by the map. 64 player karkand is slightly better but you should never spawn at hotel lol. If your USMC, you can run (or humvee) your way to Suburb, and cap the back flags so fast MEC will still be spawning at hotel for 10mins untill they realised it's their last flag.

The main reason people go to karkand is easy points from nades/medic/armor whoring but realy a long IO game on Jalalabad is much better, and less concentrated nading lol.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

benzoenator wrote:

So I'm bored of Jalalabad, so I decide to play some Karkand for a bit. When I joined the server I noticed it was pretty much full (60 people or something). I thought that'd just mean there'd be a lot more infantry battle. Boy was I wrong. It's like 60% snipers, 40% medics, and there's no chance to do any actual infantry battle, because as soon as you get away from the shadows of a building, you get pulverized by a Tank or APC. You get owned by some sniper, a medic revives you, you get owned again, another medic revives you both, then all three get owned. It's ridiculous! I can't see why people love it, to be honest. All the people in the top ten rankings have like 3000 hours on Karkand. In my opinion, Jala is a lot better because there are not nearly the amount of tanks/APCs there are on Karkand, and when you start, you don't have to go into a huge scrum of tanks and the like if you're on USMC, as you can cut straight through Lake and get the northern flags like Market, Hotel and Mosque. If you're USMC on Karkand, you can't actually cut through past Hotel unless you're on foot, and then it's only a matter of time before a sniper owns you.

/rant.
No. Its 50% Support, 30% Medic and 20% Sniper.
The supports combined throw around 70 nades per minute constantly. The medics jump on the ground and revive you right before that nade goes off killing you both. And the snipers are self-absorbed newbs who THINK they can get kills and are 'leet' by staying in the shadows, but they only get like 5 kills per round yet every shot they say stuff like "OMFG I ROXOR SOXORS with my rifle"

Theres also a 8% of those all who are hackers. These are truely superior people who utilize hax instead of skill to out-wit there opponent.

I think you will find these stats pretty perfect.

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-04-14 19:03:19)

15 more years! 15 more years!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield

Fearmesnipers wrote:

hanwinting wrote:

lol try IO Karkand XD
Nades SHOWER!!!
Why does everyone over exagerate. Seriously at the start of a round due to everyone starting close everyone will throw their 4 nades. After thats its like any other map.
Karma for you mister, I try to preach that all the time in our IO. If you dont want to get naded...to go head first into the hotel like you trying to snap your sisters bra giggling like a fairy. Hell I have more fun toting Rockets in IO than anything, how can I make it past the hotel with a M11-87 or SRAW and no one else can because they are too busy bitching about the nades...??

High Point servers..pfft, never been to one - I like 50+ servers; reason why points dont matter in this game is small servers big maps and K/P.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard