RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
I've been playing this game for over a year because it's one of the only good games
out there worth playing, because every other games is unbelievably horrible. Throughout
my entire time playing, I've had multiple problems which brought me to the conclusion
that EA Tech Support is one of the worst forms of tech support I ever attempted to recieve.
The game was great while it lasted and when it wasn't giving me issues which I had to
troubleshoot by myself and I had fun playing it. They make a game, sell it, throw their old
one in the garbage, and try to make some more money making some new game that no
one likes. At the same time I found some players that I had fun playing with and we made
a little hangout in Teamspeak which was pretty fun.

It was a good game for a break, but now that PB decided to ban one of our players (1 out of 3)
it's getting really annoying. For one, we are all not hacking and all know we dont hack. Just because
one of our members switched to Windows Vista which isn't supported landed him a permenant
punkbuster ban. Well I'm sorry if their not up to date, maybe they need to actually "do" some
work. Instead of giving answers to support tickets, how about not trashing the honest gamer who
didn't feel like buying the game twice and at least giving a valid reason why he got banned.

If he isn't on the master ban list and bought the game for a second time, can you explain another
break in the EULA, which you won't even take the time to explain? ... the simple answer is "No".
If the regular gamer gets banned and barred from playing anymore, then why do we buy these
games in the first place? Why tell a user to go purchase another copy and then ban that user again?
If they read their own website to discover that their FAQ for windows vista is written by a 4 year old then
maybe they might collectively begin to realize how rediculous their cheat monitoring system is.
The tech support ticket admins all give you different answers and none of them help you solve
any problems at all. Well, last time I checked, I'm not playing this crappy game I have to play it
on my own ...

I guess they forgot what online means. Too bad that they are perfect and will never make any
mistakes by banning a series of players that can do nothing about it except pay more money to
get banned again. No phone numbers, no tech support, no address ... well any game manufacturer
that is affiliated with them must be smart.

Last edited by RFTBunny (2007-04-14 16:51:37)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
And all this is just another day for EA.
ssonrats
+221|6646
OMG, use paragraphs please, fuck reading that, it's like a brick wall!
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6279
It's a story of man name Brady, who had three lovely girls of his own.

OMG, use paragraphs to early in the morning to even consider reading that, what you don't drink and play bf2?
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
it's been revised for your eyes if that's any help
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
no not really
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
BF2 is how many years old?

Doom 2 isn't compatible with vista, ID software is terrible.
coreinflames
+12|6646
Bf2 barely had its second birthyday, they even said that is old for a video game.

but truth be told ea is a slave to its stock holders, and will do anything for a dollar.

Bf2142 really sucks if you are over 13 years old and like the reality of the game; and not some fantasy type play.

i played 2142 for awhile i ranked up to the highest rank in a matter of weeks; the way i forsee it everyone will be the highest rank in a matter of months (unless they change it with some type of patch)

Soon ea will deploy tactics to pull people away from bf2 and to play bf2142 (these tacticts are very clever and may suceed).  but what can we do?

i think the battlefield needs to move to the castle age (to me that sounds cool).

like Bf 300
or
bf 1200
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
Well even if a new one came out that might be good...you can't play it if pb bans you from playing EA games if you have vista
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

RFTBunny wrote:

Well even if a new one came out that might be good...you can't play it if pb bans you from playing EA games if you have vista
I've played 5 different PB enabled games with vista and never had a problem, seems like your friend's probably been cheating and is using vista as an excuse.

And is it an account ban or a GUID hardware ban by punkbuster?

Last edited by Jameseyy (2007-04-14 18:03:45)

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

coreinflames wrote:

i think the battlefield needs to move to the castle age (to me that sounds cool).

like Bf 300
or
bf 1200
lol Sparta Battlefield? that'd be so awesome, Enemy Persian Spotted!
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
Well he used BF2 with XP forever and never had any problems ... we all know he isn't hacking .. its a BF2 GUID Ban on and old GUID and then they told him to try buying a new copy and he did and it worked for a while ... and now it's just not letting him play even though he is not on the master ban list ...
DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6230|On your screen

coreinflames wrote:

like Bf 300
or
bf 1200
"Give me thy ammo!"

No. That would completely ruin the reputation of Battlefield 2.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

RFTBunny wrote:

Well he used BF2 with XP forever and never had any problems ... we all know he isn't hacking .. its a BF2 GUID Ban on and old GUID and then they told him to try buying a new copy and he did and it worked for a while ... and now it's just not letting him play even though he is not on the master ban list ...
Tell him to contact evenbalance and find out what's up, cause I'm 90% sure the reason for his ban isn't vista related, since I have a bunch of friends who play PB games with vista and their only problem was that they had to run as admin to play.
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
We did contact evenbalance and they told us to go pound sand and buy another game ... so as clueless as we were ... we actually went to purchase another game as they directed us and everything was fine until a short while later again.. boom ... banned again for some unknown reason...that no one will talk about or explain ... they close and lock the tickets telling us we somehow violated their EULA...which in my opinion if following their directions gets us banned again, then they mind as well ban themselves
Pasha5
+2|6224
@ ssonrats and Anonymous_Undertaker
Stop whining like little 2 year olds. If you can't read something that is too close together than just go away. Forums are meant for reading not whining. Who cares if it is in the morning just do it when your eyes don't hurt, if it really bothers you that much than just read it in the afternoon you baby.
@ RFTBunny
I know what your talking about Bunny, Punkbuster is a total scam and all they care about is $$$$. I don't think that your friend will be able to be unbanned because they are so corrupt and don't read e-mail support tickets or anything. They are lazy 4 year old slobs that pick their nose all day and just ban people. If your friend really cares about being able to play again, then he should try to get himself unbanned. Don't take any money out of your pocket and give it to EA. If you don't get unbanned in the near future then I would just quit bf2 because it is not worth your time and money. I would not let a company like EA ruin your weekend because of the scamming game they let out. If you make no progress, then quit, trust me. But try, and see if you get anywhere.

Last edited by Pasha5 (2007-04-14 19:09:05)

killaer
+41|6719
Your friend was banned for hacking/cheating.

FYI everyone, PB doesn't go around and ban people for fun. Your friend did something to deserve the ban, so there you go.
dirtracer74
+10|6291
BF2 runs just fine on Vista. Half my clan, as do I, use Vista.

Also, with a PB ban, they have proof and I bet I could find it if I knew you friends game name.
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
well if there's proof then where is it? why do they claim to have proof and not tell us why he got banned ... we all know my buddy didnt hack because i own him 90% of the time
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
What is your friend's game name?

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-04-14 20:39:45)

UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6346|Cali
They should go away. They should just worry about 2142 and let people that play BF2 have fun and do whatever they want because they spent thier hard earned money on playing this game.
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
your asking for his contact info?
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
any more suggestions or thoughts on this?
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

Pasha5 wrote:

@ RFTBunny
I know what your talking about Bunny, Punkbuster is a total scam and all they care about is $$$$. I don't think that your friend will be able to be unbanned because they are so corrupt and don't read e-mail support tickets or anything. They are lazy 4 year old slobs that pick their nose all day and just ban people. If your friend really cares about being able to play again, then he should try to get himself unbanned. Don't take any money out of your pocket and give it to EA. If you don't get unbanned in the near future then I would just quit bf2 because it is not worth your time and money. I would not let a company like EA ruin your weekend because of the scamming game they let out. If you make no progress, then quit, trust me. But try, and see if you get anywhere.
You're a frigging idiot, and probably drunk, if not, I feel sorry for you. Anyways quit typing.
RFTBunny
+4|6462|United States
stop fighting like 14 year old girls in my post... this is about punkbuster and ea GUID bans ... say something useful please?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard