Microwave
_
+515|6657|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I KNOW BUT I WAS MAKING A JOKE ABOUT IT you moron!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
it was a joke that didn't even work! cause i _do_ need the interface for my uses! you made out it was an interface only useful for dj's with crossfaders! you round-headed head-like-a-fucking-orange manc twat mong!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Microwave
_
F_a_g_g_o_t!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i bummed your sisters
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Microwave
_
I rubbed the tip of my penis round your turntables
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
thanks the drivebelt needed some grease anyway
Microwave
_
I've got nothing
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

wating 4 rigg speks & piks, guiz
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
wating doesnt work for waiting
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4970|Dundee, Scotland.
Haven't actually posted in here since I got my new pc !

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6151173/comp.PNG

Processor is the deneb core, unlocked the L3 cache so it's essentially a phenom, 8GB corsair vengeance (amazing compared to 4GB of 800mhz DDR2. Powered through by a Corsair CX600.

Hooked up to a 23" Acer x223w and an HP W19. (I gave my other HP W19 to my girlfriend, along with all my old computer parts.)

Next on the buy list is a new HSF so I can overclock this bitch, and an SSD for speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Will post some pics at some point.

edit: derp, posted to CPUzs of my cpu...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6151173/derp.PNG

Last edited by Camm (2011-12-04 04:26:52)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver

Camm wrote:

Haven't actually posted in here since I got my new pc !

Processor is the deneb core, unlocked the L3 cache so it's essentially a phenom, 8GB corsair vengeance (amazing compared to 4GB of 800mhz DDR2. Powered through by a Corsair CX600.

Hooked up to a 23" Acer x223w and an HP W19. (I gave my other HP W19 to my girlfriend, along with all my old computer parts.)

Next on the buy list is a new HSF so I can overclock this bitch, and an SSD for speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Will post some pics at some point.

edit: derp, posted to CPUzs of my cpu...
nice.  That 460 is\was a hell of a card.

crank that memory up to 1600mhz.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2011-12-05 08:24:52)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.

SonderKommando wrote:

Yeah I LOVE this card. So good. Can't believe the price I got it for.

And I noticed that too, my memory is only running at 1333 even though it's 1600mhz. How does one go about getting it to run at proper speed?
SonderKommando

Camm wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Yeah I LOVE this card. So good. Can't believe the price I got it for.

And I noticed that too, my memory is only running at 1333 even though it's 1600mhz. How does one go about getting it to run at proper speed?
in the BIOS

The Vengeance will run 1600mhz like a baus.  DRAM frequency or something like that.  Check your motherboard documentation.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
your processor needs to be running at a high enough frequency really to take advantage of the 1600Mhz RAM. otherwise it'll underclock itself for stability.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Uzique wrote:

your processor needs to be running at a high enough frequency really to take advantage of the 1600Mhz RAM. otherwise it'll underclock itself for stability.
Yeah I'm planning  on a new hsf soon.
SonderKommando

Uzique wrote:

good point, didnt even think of that :\
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
for e.g. i set my bus speed to 160Mhz so its a multiple of the RAM's stock frequency and then just cranked my mulitplier up to 21x. 3.4Ghz-ish as an average 'safe' overclock and RAM performing at 100%. you can of course push your cpu higher by setting a bus speed > 160Mhz and then turning the multiplier down to 19x/20x.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
hmm... i should be able to get away with it then as my bus speed is 200.9 and my multiplier is x14
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
or i could drop my bus speed to 160 and punt the multiplier up to 17x or 18x
csmag
+92|6449|Canada

Camm wrote:

or i could drop my bus speed to 160 and punt the multiplier up to 17x or 18x
I remember reading something about phenom IIs having trouble with 1600mhz ram.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Hmm, looking up parts to see what a new PC would cost me, though I think I'll hold off buying one to the new Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs come out.
Would like some advice on the following:

570 only costs ~€25 more than the 560ti 448core, benchmarks put the two at roughly the same bang for your buck, any suggestions on which to go for?

OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, can you live with 60GB or should I spend double and get the 120GB one? (I'll make sure to get a 6Gbit/s SATA capable motherboard to run it on)

Which CPU is at the golden pricepoint atm? The new suffix intel have begun using on the i5 and i7 series confuse me a little since I haven't kept up on them.

I will try to keep as much as possible ASUS, I have been eyeing eVGA since alot of BF2s-users seem to adore them, but their motherboards are quite costly if I remember correctly...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Benzin
+576|6000
From the reviews I've read, I would steer clear of OCZ's SSD offerings. Maybe Samsung or Intel might be a better choice, or perhaps Crucial. I would tend to buy more space than necessary, too. I don't have an SSD of my own, but I've been reading up on them and actually just read a few things this morning.

As far as the graphics card, I'd get the 560. The 570 vs. 560 is the same deal with the 460 vs. 470 when I bought mine and for the few extra frames, I couldn't justify the extra cost of the 470. The 460/560 is a sweet little card - gets the job done just right and you can run BF3 at High or Medium, your choice. Medium is more consistent online, but the differences between the two are negligible IMO.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2011-12-08 02:30:53)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

CapnNismo wrote:

From the reviews I've read, I would steer clear of OCZ's SSD offerings. Maybe Samsung or Intel might be a better choice, or perhaps Crucial. I would tend to buy more space than necessary, too. I don't have an SSD of my own, but I've been reading up on them and actually just read a few things this morning.
I was just using Tomshardware to look which is over-all fastest, Vertex 3 is one of the fastest affordable ones, Kingston's HyperX seems faster though...

EDIT: Went with your suggestion, Crucial M4 it is, but the size question remains..

The Samsung SSDs TomsHardware have tested are only 3Gbit/s

CapnNismo wrote:

As far as the graphics card, I'd get the 560. The 570 vs. 560 is the same deal with the 460 vs. 470 when I bought mine and for the few extra frames, I couldn't justify the extra cost of the 470. The 460/560 is a sweet little card - gets the job done just right and you can run BF3 at High or Medium, your choice. Medium is more consistent online, but the differences between the two are negligible IMO.
The jump from the 560ti 448 to a 580 is just too much for me to justify on a GPU, it's nearly double the cost...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-12-08 02:44:04)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
i'm not getting an SSD until they reliably sort out their hardware failures / coldboot issues. at the moment every major manufacturer creates pretty different SSD's (as far as read/write speeds are concerned) and half of them are fail-hards.
Benzin
+576|6000

FloppY_ wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I was just using Tomshardware to look which is over-all fastest, Vertex 3 is one of the fastest affordable ones, Kingston's HyperX seems faster though...

EDIT: Went with your suggestion, Crucial M4 it is, but the size question remains..

The Samsung SSDs TomsHardware have tested are only 3Gbit/s

CapnNismo wrote:

The jump from the 560ti 448 to a 580 is just too much for me to justify on a GPU, it's nearly double the cost...
If you can't afford the 580, go with the 560 and get the model with the most memory possible (I believe that's 1GB, but I seem to remember some manufacturer having a custom one with more, but I could be wrong). I have an ASUS 460 and love the hell out of it - it's not a simple reference card like a lot of the others you buy and has a cooler from ASUS that is better than stock.

Try sniffing around http://www.anandtech.com/ and see what you find there in terms of SSD reviews. There's a fresh one from OCZ's Octane line-up that is supposed to debut soon (if it already hasn't).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard