ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Back from their controversial trip to Syria, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and fellow California Democrat Rep. Tom Lantos, are eyeing a trip to Iran to meet with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad while Democrats on the Senate Armed Services Committee try to eliminate the phrase “global war on terrorism” for the upcoming National Defense Authorization Act.
America is under attack as a domestic political insurgency led by Nancy Pelosi in concert with leading Democrats continues to undermine America’s foreign policy around the world. For all intents and purposes, Speaker Pelosi acts as President in proxy, or at best Secretary of State, and seeks dialogue with terrorist nations America has vowed not to engage in dialogue with. Senator Lantos said:

“Speaking just for myself, I would be ready to get on a plane tomorrow morning, because however objectionable, unfair and inaccurate many of [Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s] statements are, it is important that we have a dialogue with him,” Lantos said at a press conference on Tuesday.

“I’m ready to go - and knowing the speaker, I think that she might be.”
Video link.

There is an insurgency in the United States… and it’s leader is the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

https://i16.tinypic.com/2djdkzp.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA
Yeah, how about her huh??..............Treason anyone?? Feel free to respond to this Cam.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6488|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I cannot stand that woman...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6681|UK
I like her.

She can have my babies.

Last edited by m3thod (2007-04-13 19:15:58)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Fen321
+54|6507|Singularity
Help me out here, If the majority of the constituents in the United States disagrees with the president's policy -- is it then acceptable to remove / reroute whom the decision maker will be?

Last i checked if we really want to tout the Republican / democratic ideals which we spread by the sword then why the hell does the manifestation of dissent within the system itself translate to "political insurgency?"
ATG
Banned
There are channels, and ways things are done.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina
And GWB would be Saddam?
Fen321
+54|6507|Singularity
I see what you mean. Eventually our foreign policy will change the second Bush steps out of office. So essentially our foreign policy can have the ability to fluctuate once a new president is in power, but obviously this isn't always the case with good reason-- hence the creation of the Senate. The Bicameral Legislative branch is formed that way for a reason. Long term policy stability increases predictability which is lovely in the international system if you can ever achieve it.

So i really don't find it surprising in the least that Congress is willing to shift America's foreign policy considering its "suppose" to represent the people. The president again does NOT represent the people in the same sense. He represents the electoral college that elected him -- testament to that can be the fact that you can LOSE the popular vote, but win an election.

Proper protocol is something i cannot argue against so in that regard i will agree upon. I'm just a little apprehensive about following protocol when it comes to "letting" someone that is in power I.E. the president fuck up even more of our () countries representation. Believe it or not I don't like to hear that all Americans are arrogant pricks when i travel -- its sad. Especially if you live where i do, Florida, you would see how our image  abroad will effect our very state drastically due to our main source of revenue being derived via tourist.

Last edited by Fen321 (2007-04-13 19:58:55)

ATG
Banned

sergeriver wrote:

And GWB would be Saddam?
Serge, my brother, you do not see the way the democrats side step normal rules, ethics and traditions.

There was compelling evidence that Pelosi should have been charge with a crime under the Logan act.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
The enemy within...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6682|Colorado
She needs to be charged.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6672|USA
I agree she shouldn't meddle. She should get  things done in CONGRESS properly and let this administration continue to hang itself.

But she has some balls. I give her that much credit. A big fat set. Gorilla nutz.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-04-13 21:23:53)

kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR
The bottom line is that Pelosi took an oath to defend the Constitution that her foriegn policy forrays undermine.  It is true that a majority of Americans want changes in Iraq and probably with our foriegn policy, but the President is in charge of foriegn policy.  If the President decides we aren't going to engage in talks with Syria, it's completely out of line for members of Congress to decide that they should engage in talks.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6292|Pennsyltucky

Harmor wrote:

The enemy within...
Thank you Michael Savage.

/Agree
ATG
Banned

kilgoretrout wrote:

The bottom line is that Pelosi took an oath to defend the Constitution that her foriegn  policy forrays undermine.  It is true that a majority of Americans want changes in Iraq and probably with our foriegn policy, but the President is in charge of foriegn  policy.  If the President decides we aren't going to engage in talks with Syria, it's completely out of line for members of Congress to decide that they should engage in talks.
Watch out bro, if you'd spelled foreign a forth time, you would have gotten a temp ban.

It's forums rulz.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

You spelled rules... rulz.

Ban.
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live
1. You know that several republicans visited Syria a few days before Pelosi did? Are they part of the insurgency too?

"Lawmakers frequently travel to the Middle East, and several Republicans were in the region at the same time as Pelosi. Some were in Assad's office three days before the speaker."
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/ … ideast.php

2. You know that Pelosi denied that she would go to Iran?

"A spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., said she had had no intention of going to Iran."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070411/ap_on_go_co/us_iran
ATG
Banned

san4 wrote:

1. You know that several republicans visited Syria a few days before Pelosi did? Are they part of the insurgency too?

"Lawmakers frequently travel to the Middle East, and several Republicans were in the region at the same time as Pelosi. Some were in Assad's office three days before the speaker."

"A spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., said she had had no intention of going to Iran."
The other guys didn't claim to carry a diplomatic message.
Bad analogy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

san4 wrote:

Thread over
ATG
Banned

Poseidon wrote:

san4 wrote:

Thread over
Horseshit on a hot plate.

The Democrats seek always, constantly to undermine the presidency.
They would have the deaths of thousands of American and hundreds of coalition troops be spent in vain, as long the Bush looks bad.

Where is the Logan Act? Where is the Sedition Act?

Congress has a job to do, and that is to debate policy in session. The president has a job, and that is to lead foreign policy.

Those spineless motherfuckers vote for authorization for the war, and then cary on like he brought down the towers himself.

Again, the bitch went to Syria and said she carried a diplomatic message from Israel, that they were ready to talk peace.

It's against the law.
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live

ATG wrote:

"'Our message was President Bush's message,' Pelosi told The Associated Press said in a telephone interview from Portugal, where she stopped briefly en route back to the United States."

ATG wrote:

Again, the bitch went to Syria and said she carried a diplomatic message from Israel, that they were ready to talk peace.
Where in your original post did you mention that her crime was carrying a diplomatic message from Israel?
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6383|Kyiv, Ukraine
This whole "Pelosi is undermining the President in the Middle East" thing is absolutely a right-wing pundit yellow journalism stunt.  Fact is that many congressman, including many Republicans, are using this recess in Congress to make a tour of the Middle East to find out exactly what the US is throwing away money on in the fields of extra foreign aid and intelligence and military spending.  There are other Republicans in Pelosi's group, there were in a group that preceded her, and there will be in groups after her.  This has also been done with Bush's full blessing.  Pelosi has also been in constant contact with the State department to make sure she "stays on message".  In fact, the only people objecting to this and making up completely assinine BS are the right-wing noise machine.  Another run-of-the-mill conservative hack hit job.

This includes pundits like Michael Savage, who wrote the EDITORIAL you so nicely posted as an "uncredited" news source above.  Like I said in a main topic that should have been stickied, editorials are NOT NEWS.  You can and will lie your ass off in an editorial and not need to answer to anyone.  Lies, as they go, are best told when they have at least a partial truth...in this case the fact that indeed Pelosi was in the Middle East.  The lies coming out of this being numerous, like the "peace with Israel" horseshit and now the "negotiating with Iran" BS.

Propoganda is only as effective as the morons who believe it.  People who can't tell news from editorial.  People who can't tell fact from fiction.  People who can't critically think about what they read and double-check sources.
ATG
Banned

san4 wrote:

ATG wrote:

"'Our message was President Bush's message,' Pelosi told The Associated Press said in a telephone interview from Portugal, where she stopped briefly en route back to the United States."

ATG wrote:

Where in your original post did you mention that her crime was carrying a diplomatic message from Israel?
I assume people responding to political threads don't need the whole picture painted for them.

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

This whole "Pelosi is undermining the President in the Middle East" thing is absolutely a right-wing pundit yellow journalism stunt. 
This includes pundits like Michael Savage, who wrote the EDITORIAL you so nicely posted as an "uncredited" news source above.
I did not quote Savage.

think what you like, I shall refrain from calling you an idiot.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

ATG wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

And GWB would be Saddam?
Serge, my brother, you do not see the way the democrats side step normal rules, ethics and traditions.

There was compelling evidence that Pelosi should have been charge with a crime under the Logan act.
I'm not saying the Dems are angels, but neither are Bush and Co.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6777
open dialog worked with Nth Korea...why not now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard