Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6662|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I recently upgraded my PC from:

P4 3.2 HT processor running 2 6800GT graphics cards

to 

Core 2 extreme QX6700 quad core processor running a BFG 8800GTX OC graphics card

Now every time I click join game it crashes my system completely within a few seconds

Could anyone help me out with this or is it simply a case of EA not supporting Quad core processors or the 8800 series of Nvidia graphics cards.

Its a kick in the teeth if they don't as I've spent around £1500 upgrading my PC over the last 2 months and the only games that won't run properly are BF2142 and Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by Stomper_40k (2007-04-13 04:19:12)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6773|Hell, p.o box 666

well, the 8800 series is supported! Check for some drivers of the CPU... I remember most games had problems with AMDs X2 at first and there was a extra driver for it...
Stomper_40k
Cheers.  1 Question though.  If EA don't support quad core processors then why do they advertise them in game?

If it turns out it is the processor and not the Graphics card EA are gonna get a REALLY stroppy e-mail which they'll ignore.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6747|Michigan

Sl4y3r wrote:

well, the 8800 series is supported! Check for some drivers of the CPU... I remember most games had problems with AMDs X2 at first and there was a extra driver for it...
what he said.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6302|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Do you have vista?

I guess (and hope) you do since you have Dx10 compatible cards

Vista is the cause of all evil     go back to XP for about half a year...

The quadcore could cause trouble too (read something about that today...)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stomper_40k
Ok so i got an e-mail from EA saying that neither is supported which I find somewhat amusing after  seeing all the in-game advertising for Intel quad core processors they had floating around before I upgraded.

sent them the following message, and i'm now ebing ignored:

So you promote Quad Core processors in-game giving the impression that the game works best intel quad core processors, but in fact the game does not support them.  Isn't that a bit misleading.  I have been advised to raise this issue with the British Trading Standards agency as this may be a case of false advertising on your part.  However I would first like to hear your views?

Although the Core 2 extreme processors may not have been available when the game was released, you are now advertising them in game in a manner that implies the game will run on the Intel quad core series processors.

Last edited by Stomper_40k (2007-04-17 04:17:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard