randomfire1977
Member
+1|6672|Florida
I prefer to say Merry Christmas over happy holidays.  If you did not notice there are holidays throughout the year not just in december.  I say Happy Hannukah to my Jewish friends and some Christian friends who celebrate the holiday.  I have yet to run into anyone who celebrates Kwanza, though they may be out there. 

Say happy holidays year around people.  Do not give tribute specifically to anything.  Such as presidents day, pearl harbor day, valentines day, etc. 

For a list of different holidays to say happy holidays to go to http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/Around_the_World/Holidays


Just a thought
TrevorP
Member
+0|6732
Im happy as long as the santa claus coca cola commercials are shown...those rock!
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6780|Missoula, MT
Merry Christmas! 
makeuser
Member
+5|6663|Texas
I say "Happy Holidays" b/c I like to be polite and I really don't give a rat's ass about your religious beliefs (religion has hurt us far more than it has benefited us, IMO, too much anti-intellectualism & pointless social restraint).  And I don't say "Under God" when I do the pledge of allegiance.  Everyone should know by now that it was inserted as another poke at the communists during the Cold War.

Krappyappy is right about the philosophies of the times of the Founding Fathers.  They weren't pushing Christianity on everyone ("Radicalism of the American Revolution" -National Book Award winner, can't recommend it enough).  Christ isn't in the Constitution.   So, don't start with the love it, or leave it crap or I don't have the right to complain - equal treatment under the law and the right to expression - what makes OUR country great, right?

O'Reilly is a one trick pony (like all the other media heads/politicos/religious fundamentalist/etc.), he's baiter & you're the perfect tool to take the bait.

Is Christmas a religious or secular holiday?  Don't care, just another holiday for me to do what I want, i.e. play bf2.

Colbert Rocks!
Rats Off To Ya!
dan500
Member
+57|6786

S4INT05 wrote:

i do not understand why america is adapting to the other minorties and religous groups
Its the same in UK, a old woman of 89 years of age cant have pottery pigs in her window cos muslims were "offended" by it, also, theres no-go places for white people cos "other minorties" live there and attack white people, im not being rude here, but England is a white man country, yes, we let other minorties in, but holy crap, its getting out of hand, in London, police wont go to an area without SO19 (Cops with guns) cos its over run with drug and gun crime (most due to other minorties). Shoping centers (Malls) cant have a santa there cos it offends "other minorties".

Whats worse, is we let them live here, and there saying in the streets, OUR STREETS, Kill the British saying all there crap about a holy war, if i was to even say the words "stupid" and "paki" in, i would be arrested for it.

And people wonder why others are racist..
AirForce2076
Member
+1|6680|MN
Blame and shoot the liberals
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6776

dan500 wrote:

S4INT05 wrote:

i do not understand why america is adapting to the other minorties and religous groups
Its the same in UK, a old woman of 89 years of age cant have pottery pigs in her window cos muslims were "offended" by it, also, theres no-go places for white people cos "other minorties" live there and attack white people, im not being rude here, but England is a white man country, yes, we let other minorties in, but holy crap, its getting out of hand, in London, police wont go to an area without SO19 (Cops with guns) cos its over run with drug and gun crime (most due to other minorties). Shoping centers (Malls) cant have a santa there cos it offends "other minorties".

Whats worse, is we let them live here, and there saying in the streets, OUR STREETS, Kill the British saying all there crap about a holy war, if i was to even say the words "stupid" and "paki" in, i would be arrested for it.

And people wonder why others are racist..
Sorry your wrong England is completely safe becuase they banned guns there
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6759

atlvolunteer wrote:

To me, this sums it up quite nicely:
http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html Caution language.
haha, christians are so funny. 'you mean other people don't celebrate christmas? whaaaaaaa?' no one is taking christmas away from you, you can celebrate until you drop dead. just don't do it with taxpayer money.

you can just deal with it. isn't crying about how 'the PC yuppie assholes are taking away christmas plays from our elementary schools' the same kind of thing as the people who cry about nativity scenes on school premises?

you don't like my religion, and i don't like yours. so when your religious holiday gets a school play and mine doesn't, you bet i'm going to obstruct and prevent. i'll do it until the day schools do plays for muslims and sikhs. and since that won't ever happen, i'll be content with no christmas plays. isn't equality beautiful?

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-11 17:43:04)

Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6699

AirForce2076 wrote:

Blame and shoot the liberals
Damn, that's the sign of a serious war mongering conservitave (+/- a few points)

Krappyappy wrote:

you don't like my religion, and i don't like yours. so when your religious holiday gets a school play and mine doesn't, you bet i'm going to obstruct and prevent. i'll do it until the day schools do plays for muslims and sikhs. and since that won't ever happen, i'll be content with no christmas plays. isn't equality beautiful?
So damn true...
dan500
Member
+57|6786

Horseman 77 wrote:

dan500 wrote:

S4INT05 wrote:

i do not understand why america is adapting to the other minorties and religous groups
Its the same in UK, a old woman of 89 years of age cant have pottery pigs in her window cos muslims were "offended" by it, also, theres no-go places for white people cos "other minorties" live there and attack white people, im not being rude here, but England is a white man country, yes, we let other minorties in, but holy crap, its getting out of hand, in London, police wont go to an area without SO19 (Cops with guns) cos its over run with drug and gun crime (most due to other minorties). Shoping centers (Malls) cant have a santa there cos it offends "other minorties".

Whats worse, is we let them live here, and there saying in the streets, OUR STREETS, Kill the British saying all there crap about a holy war, if i was to even say the words "stupid" and "paki" in, i would be arrested for it.

And people wonder why others are racist..
Sorry your wrong England is completely safe becuase they banned guns there
Wait, you think England dont got any gun crime, or you mean armed cops?

Well, there is gun crime, my uncle is a cop in London, and he deals with at least one gun crime a week, if not more, if you mean we dont have armed cops, we do a unit called SO19, there a armed response unit.
pacman VKC
Member
+0|6655
As to thread topic, thats fucked up! happening here in UK but no happy holiday stuff just nothing at all. Pfff> Hey its a happy time for the family so what if you wear a Hijab or Jewish equivalent ect, do your own thing, each to their own ect, people who "choose" to live in country should at least try to appreciate others values. As for coca cola adverts, remember that years ago with all the big trucks in convoy sayin "holidays ae commin"
Think I gonna wake up and say to son and daughter happy holiday, like shite m8 lol.

Its ok to burn a burn a union jack or stars n stripes but anything else, pffffff
Emetchar
Member
+0|6650
I gotta say that whoever came up with "The War on Christmas" needs to be shot.

Even so, Wal-Mart is a private company and as such they have the right to say any kind of greeting they want, getting this hyped up about it makes about as much sense as getting pissed at a Jew for not celebrating Christmas. That said I don't believe that this "War on Christmas" was fabricated by someone without ulterior (probably political) motives.

In they end the reason why Wal-Mart did this was to make customers happy. If they revert to "Merry Christmas" it will be to make customers happy. Either way this little hissy fit that people are having about a few non-offensive words is still retarded.

Merry Christmas.
pacman VKC
Member
+0|6655
Hmm, well it aint a private company its a multinational corporation listed on the NYSE.

"In they end the reason why Wal-Mart did this was to make customers happy."

Who EXACTLY?

"Either way this little hissy fit that people are having about a few non-offensive words is still retarded"

Little, as in the majority population? should a nation/country bow so much to acomidate - dont think so

btw I from uk and totally agree
Emetchar
Member
+0|6650
"Hmm, well it aint a private company its a multinational corporation listed on the NYSE."
Private as in not government-owned, sorry about the confusion.

"Who EXACTLY?"
The customers, as in the entire group of people who shop at Wal-Mart.

"Little, as in the majority population? should a nation/country bow so much to acomidate - dont think so"
Just a vocal minority man. A very small, very vocal, minority. Most people, contrary to popular belief, are not so completely insecure about their religion that they feel the need to take trivialities to the supreme court or discuss how the majority is being victimized ad nauseam on national TV.

Last edited by Emetchar (2005-12-11 20:25:29)

pacman VKC
Member
+0|6655
np m8 private public companys n stuff there is a difference, my bad lol

"Just a vocal minority man. A very small, very vocal, minority. Most people, contrary to popular belief, are not so completely insecure about their religion that they feel the need to take trivialities to the supreme court or discuss how the majority is being victimized ad nauseam on national TV."

Hmm ok vocal is good, insecurity I dont suffer from, so yeps!
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6759

the real question is why are christians so insecure about their religion that they think there's a 'war on christmas' the moment someone doesn't want to have their kids be in a christmas play.
dshak
Member
+4|6752
has anyone else seen John Stewarts report on the "war on christmas" on the dailly show? good lord I nearly passed out I was laughing so hard.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6782|Bryan/College Station, TX

Krappyappy wrote:


the real question is why are christians so insecure about their religion that they think there's a 'war on christmas' the moment someone doesn't want to have their kids be in a christmas play.
Actually you need to relabel that. Why are Conservative Right Wing Christians, who are attempting to maintian the status quo and keep the church very much a part of all government deicions, so insecure... blah blah.  I would hardley label all Christian in the same context.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6764|Netherlands

Emetchar wrote:

I gotta say that whoever came up with "The War on Christmas" needs to be shot.


WAR ON     X-Mass?      treath?

shoot the bastard who started it.

Even so, Wal-Mart is a private company and as such they have the right to say any kind of greeting they want, getting this hyped up about it makes about as much sense as getting pissed at a Jew for not celebrating Christmas. That said I don't believe that this "War on Christmas" was fabricated by someone without ulterior (probably political) motives.

In they end the reason why Wal-Mart did this was to make customers happy. If they revert to "Merry Christmas" it will be to make customers happy. Either way this little hissy fit that people are having about a few non-offensive words is still retarded.

Merry Christmas.
the ones that what....do they have christmass?



some folks need to water down theire posts

i agree with TRIGGERHAPPY.





fuck  saddam


fXck other killer religions.

or  fix-um.

What does a religiues fanatic,

puts under the tree,

for his kids,
as a present,
for   the hollidays?


a  explosive belt.!!??..



means only war...

now continu makin nice CHRISTMASS-SIGS.

  and STFU!!!




MARY-CHRISTMASS,



i stick with;   HO   HO  HO        "MAAAARRRYYYYY   CHRIST!!!!MASSS"



and  to all  other  believers..  http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sou … g_nose.wav



and for the war on X-MASS?  topic?



never denile the "holy babble"...


MARY-CHRISTMASS!!!!!


P.S.:       

wish to see mo  tits.   and  ass.   LOOOL.    :-P
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6759
http://atheism.about.com/od/christmasho … asWars.htm
a nice webpage about the so called 'war on christmas.'
Tomdom_321.au
Member
+1|6676|bendigo, Aus
A school in victoria was made to apologize for saying christmas too many times in their newsletter by a family who didnt believe in christmas!

Why didnt they just not read it then!
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6694|NH - USA
merry xmas.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6759
i'd like to see how people would feel if i were a schoolteacher and decided that all the kids should participate in my 'satan day' play. you don't have to be a satanist to acknowledge it, right? and if you have some sort of problem with it, fuck you and i hope you die in a car fire?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6710|Atlanta, GA USA
To me its more about tradition than it is Religion.  Christmas has become part of the American tradition, and I would say that a lot of people in the US that celebrate Christmas every year don't consider themselves Christian or go to church.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard