blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6634
1.)According to your sources or experience serving in army, which infantry would dominate the rest?
2.)What makes any military units so skilled, toughness, skills, intelligence or something else?
3.) if  WW3 broke out, and you were drafted to go war, would you give your life for your country or run like a bitch?
4.) If you were forced to serve in military would you still serve?

5.)If you were to rebel against going to the army and your only chance to stay alive was to get tortured? would you still go to the war, and be exposed to some horrific stuff which would make you mentally unstable for the rest of your life.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6449
I dont think you can just say who has the most skilled *infantry* in the world. But if I had to I guess the Marines? And if WW3 happend I would fight for my country yes, even if forced.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

1.) Well, since I am no longer there, we can count out the Marines.

2.) Training and equipment

3.) Fight

4.) Yes

5.) I would go fight, so I can't answer.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6634

gCASEy200 wrote:

your an idiot.
stfu you pussy you would prob. run like a little bitch, stop crying and bitching about your pathetic life

Last edited by blademaster (2007-04-12 15:56:50)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

gCASEy200 wrote:

your an idiot.
You're.  Idiot.
bubbass
humble
+61|6558

blademaster wrote:

3.) ...would you give your life for your country?
Absolutely.

blademaster wrote:

Absolutely. I'd enlist right now if I wasn't almost finished with college.

Last edited by bubbass (2007-04-12 15:55:59)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

1.)Who else? Marines
2.)Training, weapons, will to fight
3.)I would probably already be on the frontlines of said war.
4.)Perhaps.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6633
1. France or Iran

2. How well theyre portrayed in video games

3. Ill never fight.  CODE PINK CODE PINK CODE PINK

4. Im scared

5. are you kidding, the world is dangerous!

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-12 16:03:33)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6729
I would say the British Infantry (I know I'm biased), but for what they do with the lack of funding and equipment is fantastic and for just scare the shit out of your enemy its got to be the Gurkha's, not many things scared the Japanese in WW2 but the Gurkha's were one of them that did, I just really glad that the my government has finally given them full pensions.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

paranoid101 wrote:

I would say the British Infantry (I know I'm biased), but for what they do with the lack of funding and equipment is fantastic and for just scare the shit out of your enemy its got to be the Gurkha's, not many things scared the Japanese in WW2 but the Gurkha's were one of them that did, I just really glad that the my government has finally given them full pensions.
Lack of combat experience, to be honest. I mean the RM and the SAS did a smash up job during Desert Storm, but they have been kinda idling over the past decade.
gCASEy200
Banned
+40|6268|L-town MA

blademaster wrote:

gCASEy200 wrote:

your an idiot.
stfu you pussy you would prob. run like a little bitch, stop crying and bitching about your pathetic life
if you were forced to server, would you still serve?
looks like a typo to me?
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6479|Menlo Park, CA
Hmmm that is a tough question. . . .

Who has the best infantry??

I would say the United States Marine Corps and the British Royal Marines are probably the two best in the world.  Due to training, preparedness, force strength, command, weapons etc.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6678|Fort Lewis WA
It all depends, the RoK Army has some Tough Infantry.  The K1 is a solid weapon, They can take hills and fight in trenches like no other military I have worked with.  Well disciplined at night too.  The Canadian grunts I have worked with are fine people, great drunks, and work damn hard.  But at night they are worse then woman, I have never seen such a lack of light discipline, not just running around with white lensed flashlights, but they had a camp fire going!!!, and they were smoking at night.  (atleast a US grunt will open up a can of dip, to get his nic fix if the field problem were a serious one that tcalled for N&L discipline)
The germans are loud and boisterous.  But fun to party with.  Ukranians are lazy.

Bit biased but I like the US Infantry ofcourse.  But seriously the RoK Army are some tough SoBs.
penguin.killer
+75|6469
1. Iceland

2. numbers of donald duck magazines in the tent

3 .I would buy a slave and let him fight for me.

4. Only if im going to be forced to be Brigadier General

5. Buy slave and let him do the hard work.. Bahamas FTW!
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6729

stryyker wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

Lack of combat experience, to be honest. I mean the RM and the SAS did a smash up job during Desert Storm, but they have been kinda idling over the past decade.
Err no offence but you do remember us being nearly the only country to join you in this conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan, also we were in Yugoslavia when it broke up.

Not really idling now is it.

Last edited by paranoid101 (2007-04-12 16:23:07)

Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6647|Australia
1.) Australian SASR

2.) Training and Leadership

3.) Go down fighting

4.) Doesnt sound like i have a choice

5.) TO WAR!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6526|Long Island, New York
1) MARINES!

2) Leadership and Training.

3) I'd give my life for my country no matter what the cause.

4) I guess.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6428|King Of The Islands

Sentinel wrote:

1.) Australian SASR
I would have voted for them, but I think they mean infantry as in the general armed forces of a country, not special units - hence why they're the best trained in the world.

Though the VC didn't like our Grunts much
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6647|Australia

Cheez wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

1.) Australian SASR
I would have voted for them, but I think they mean infantry as in the general armed forces of a country, not special units - hence why they're the best trained in the world.

Though the VC didn't like our Grunts much
If the numbers were even, id back standard Australian ground troops over the Marines. But since the numbers are anything but even, and special forces dont count, id have to go Marines, or even the Brits.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6445|The edge of sanity

blademaster wrote:

1.)According to your sources or experience serving in army, which infantry would dominate the rest?
2.)What makes any military units so skilled, toughness, skills, intelligence or something else?
3.) if  WW3 broke out, and you were drafted to go war, would you give your life for your country or run like a bitch?

5.)If you were to rebel against going to the army and your only chance to stay alive was to get tortured? would you still go to the war, and be exposed to some horrific stuff which would make you mentally unstable for the rest of your life.
1) Swiss or Isreali
2) Lots of training and the intellegent use of equitment
3) Fight for my country but knwo when and when not to retreat
4) As long as i could pick which branch
5) Yes
Rellim83
+7|6671|PA
I would join China, only because their will be 3 million other soldiers to get in the way of the bullets b4 they get to me.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6437|Newcastle NSW Australia
Numbers shouldnt count if you talking about the most "skilled" infantry, it should be discussed as unit v unit so both are measured of the same base line.

Unit on unit I would go Australian infantry.

<-------- Gogo bias
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6647|Australia

Bell wrote:

First question is a matter of biassed in terms of which country ur from/live, I am fron scotland but lived in the USA most of my life, yet I still say SAS.  Why?  They are the best at making the most of what they have to hand, which is useful in a long drawn out conflict when resources can become depleted, comes back to the biassed of your own country and how u define best infantry?  The guys fighting?  Or there equipment, two different ourcomes.
Which SAS?

There is the British, the New Zealanders, the Australians, possibly one more, i forget.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6479|Menlo Park, CA
Oh yea Australian Marines are also a very good infantry outfit as well. . .

Top four in a biased order lol

1. US Marines
2. British Royal Marines
3. Australian Marines
4. IDF
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6351|Vancouver
I do not have the knowledge, nor do I particularly care.

I assume experience and skill, but again, I would not claim to argue over something I know nothing about.

No, I would not serve, particularly if drafted.

As a conscientious objector, no, I would not serve if drafted.

Do you mean that my country would torture me for refusing to serve? I would rather that than serve in the military.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard