[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

I'm new to making videos and I've posted a bunch before that were just short clips, but I wanted to compile them together with sound making a fun video to watch. This is my first time and it shows here and there, but I hope you like it - I think it's pretty decent.

http://files.filefront.com/Bf2avi/;4443 … einfo.html

Its Divx 5.2 and MPEG Layer 3 Audio compression. Google "klite codec" if you can't play it
Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
downloading,it must be good

that heroic music sounds like a song i heard in a movie.
i must learn ur uber flying skills

Last edited by Maj.Do (2005-12-07 23:13:49)

Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
watching

edit: awwed at the bombing skills

Last edited by Maj.Do (2005-12-07 23:08:42)

Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
that was some tight footage
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6848|Toronto, Canada
DO you fly with a joystick? I have started to get used to the planes, and I can keyboard bomb pretty well, but I need to get some crazy skills. I have a stick but I can't get used to it. Any tips?

As for the video, thats some great footage, and the music helps it out a lot.

What program do you use to get the footage, and how much lag does it generate?
TigrisJK
+3|6733
I want to know what joystick you're piloting in, my rudder blows balls. Of course, my joy is at least six years old.

Holy moses. I've never seen divebombing that accurate with bomb groupings that small. If I ever see you flying on a server I'm going to just... not climb in the plane. At all. Nor cap a base. I think I'll probably just grab a beer, climb a tower, and just watch. I liked your guide, but I didn't think that level of flying was POSSIBLE.

And I'm the type of guy who complains that there aren't enough flight sims around for me to play anymore.

Jesus.

Makes me proud to be a Canadian.

Last edited by TigrisJK (2005-12-08 01:39:53)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6827
some nice kills in there. i never get to fly because.... i load slow and the jets are always taken already.
HellSibling
+0|6809
omfg...

you are one of those guys i curse constantly, only because i am jealous of course...

kudo's to your flying skills, i hate you and all that, but damn your a fine pilot!..j/k...

i wish i could fly half that well, but i'm a ground pounder until i can learn how to get the damn jet off the runway at least.

cheers and thanks for an excellent movie...
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6759|Leipzig/Germany
you really have some skill in planes - most of all i was impressed how u aim at helis - i have to try this
but how does it come, that u only have a plane KD of 10?
btw: nice music choice
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6763|Scotland

omg... how do you do it???? you seem to have completely mastered bombing. its unbelievable. im going to try that way of flyng now in gulf of oman. you have helped me so much. amazing video.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
im downloading this one now...if its anything like the 30 or so flying videos you posted before...

im just starting to get the hang of flying a plane, due in part (almost entirely, actually) to the videos you put up earlier.  so...thanks lol
arizona91
+2|6757|Kansas City
i downloaded the file but when i play it in windows media player, it just plays the music and shows those "stereo equalizer" bars...........no video.  You guys have really made me wonder what this video shows so how can I watch it?  What do I need to do?

Thanks.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6789|The Hague, Holland
Holy sjit whas that shit cool, awesome flying man. You have got to teach me that stuff oneday.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
ok, that was fucking insane.

if i ever play in a server with you and im not on your team, im never touching any vehicle, any AA, or any plane.  i'll hide under a bridge and cry.
HellSibling
+0|6809
arizona, you need the codecs he talks about in his original post...klite codec
slidero
The beginning on oman was ok, then you had to use the bomber to kill infantry, which really isn't too fun.

Also the j-10 on wake was lol, honestly killing boats is not worth putting in a video.   The music wasn't too bad, though
chitlin
Banned
+36|6770
looks like self promotiion =p the whole video was of you and never dying =p

the video was pretty good but the bombing i didnt find that interesting to watch ..you bomb from pretty low and that doesnt allways work ou iwth the su-34 .. it just got redundant to me and wasnt really a display of skill ... the machine gunning was more so and i would have left the part of you spawnkilling out ^^

i liked the part when you got flashbanged in the plane the most personally ..i guess you wanted to a a plane video and that cool but a video id like to see is a compilation of amazing kills like impossible shots and stunts and whatnot ..

oh id change the text you used and i didnt care for the music but thats a prefrence thing and you wont be able to please everyone
chitlin
Banned
+36|6770
you sure like wake and oman =p and a plane ><

question.. how did that dude capitalistpride get 31 kills off you ?
BurlySmurf
+1|6762|Nellis AFB
Awesome video.

And if there are people standing on the carrier there are people waiting to be shot.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

Some quick Q & A for some replies here:

How is using the bomber to kill tanks, infantry, and cobras not fun? What do you mean by had to kill infantry? I had no gunner most of the time, so why wouldn't I bomb anything that moves - the ammo reload time on Oman is literally the time it takes you to make an arc, you can bomb every vehicle before it can respawn and cap a new flag lol. I heartily disagree with you not wanting to kill infantry with a plane - Esp. on a bigger server you can reap even more then just one or two.

The whole point of the video is to make you want to play BF2 and fly - It's not supposed to be a showcase, its all clips recompiled from 1 round of Oman and 2 rounds of Wake. Obviously, its not going to have the most stellar moves and amazing kills.

I use fraps, virtualdub, video edit magic, and I am new to it, so obviously the video is an amateur result - it's my first one and I don't have audio mixing software installed anymore to cleanup the track transitions etc. I wanted to do it because when I stop playing bf2 I want to look back and remember what it was like to fly in this game compared to whatever I take up next.

Fraps drops my framerate from 70-90 FPS down to 33 FPS and 25 FPS in lag situations you can see in the videos. 1 min of RGB video (uncompressed from fraps) takes up about 500 MB of space - and while you're flying you never know when you're going to get an awesome 6 people kill etc. so you can't afford to fraps everything - you have to painfully go through the huge chunks of video later to find it and edit it etc. Hence 1 Oman 2 Wake runs thats all I wanted to do lol.

If you watch the videos those clips came from it wasn't spawn killing - I chased that Bhawk to the carrier for repair, which makes it a fair kill. The guy standing for the cobra was a departure gift to their team with my heart-felt love! Also, if USA has one or more flags then its generally agreed the J10's may attack the carrier anyways as all the F35s do is make runs on the Airfield.

The reason there is not much dying is simple - once you're in the air your pretty hard to take out, and most deaths result from air collisions all of which you saw, or much rarer, crashes into the ocean. Every pilot knows what its like to get a freeze while your doing a loop and you unfreeze finding yourself in the drink lmao. Fortunately most of the time my freezes occur while im flying up or level, its unlucky when your facing downwards and it freezes. At any rate, why would I start recording video on the runway getting spawn camped over and over - thats not even fun while it happens nevermind watching a video to remember the joys of your J10 exploding before it rolls an inch forward.

The reason why my KD 10ish is two-fold, I have to deal with spawn killing, and getting tked until I can get in the air. For each of those runway deaths you have to take out ten enemies - so if you get spawn killed twice, you end up needing 20kills before you can die again, follow me? It starts to add up fast like on Oman where your guaranteed to get spawn killed 3 or 4 times a round before you can actually fly. My plane KD has slowly been rising ever since I left Oman for Wake.

The important thing to do though, is calculate your KPM in a plane ~1.57 - this shows how effective you are in that plane once you're off the ground. Granted different maps and planes will vary for people's stats, but you should be tracking your own and you can see if you are improving or not. You can fly around for 30 minutes and get 15 kills joyriding choosing only the no risk targets, or you can fly around for 30 minutes, crash once, get tk'ed once, get spawn killed twice, and get 45ish kills and your K/D maybe worse off but your KPM will show that you're helping your team much more.

Capitalistpride, who I never actually saw apparently killed me continually for an hour while I was afk eating dinner spawning in an uncap base. I left the spawn cursor (that white thingy) on the base so I kept spawning over and over while he and others killed me. I didn't know anything was wrong because when I came back the map had changed and so I kept on playing and there's no autospawn when you change maps. Later I saw that in my stats and I put 2+2 together to figure out what happened. I like it as little as you do lol.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6770
since you like to bomb so much you should play clean sweep..

why dont you make videos from battle recorder instead .. wont lower your frames or take up tons of hd space

there was one instance where you were on fire and you stopped it before you blew up =p i wouldnt make a video of me dyin either ^^ i would have liked to see at least a few dogfights that you won instead of raping infantry =p i dont have any problem with killing infantry with bombs but i think a greater show of skills and much more entertaiing would be a good dogfight or anything that not as simple as hitting f and being in the general area .. raping infantry with bombs is simply too easy

Last edited by chitlin (2005-12-08 13:38:44)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6813|The planet Tophet
Nice Video I Loved It
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

Cleansweep has to be the boringest map in BF2 if you can't get a plane or heli....I've played it enough to know I dislike it greatly and the bombing isnt that great, the map is simply too big that the turn around times - especially for USMC are pretty stinky.

I don't know if battle-recorder can be made into avi's etc. I believe you have to load them up through BF2 to watch them and you can't edit like normal video/add music etc. right? So how would you make a video like the above with battlerecorder? It would basically be your entire round with wouldn't it? I suppose you could load it into BF2 and then make a video from it with fraps, but that just adds another step to the process...

The instance where I was on fire, I did blow up and you see it, that was the point of the end of the video to see me dying just that clip wasn't any longer then what you saw. I like the bomb drop in that video and the fiery death - It's my fav clip along with that one where I smack the blackhawk with my wing from shaving it too close.

I tried making a few dogfight videos, but they are simply too boring to watch - you literally have to chase eachohter around for 5 minutes, rockets missing, MG fire doing a bit of damage, chasing eachohter while repairing - it's not as exciting as you think. Theres poor dogfights where you kill the guy in 30 seconds, and there's good ones between good pilots, and basically nobody dies any time soon. By all means, you make a video of it, I would be thrilled to see other people flying, I really enjoy watching flight videos!
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6848|Toronto, Canada
When/where do you usually play? I'd love to fly with you, maybe learn a thing or two.

Again, great work on the videos and thanks for the answers.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

I play here when I'm flying:

Server IP: 67.19.88.20:16567
Server Name: 24/7 Wake Island [ The Slaughter House ]
Server Ping: 93
Server Info: Wake Island 2007 (24/24)
Game Type: gpm_cq
Friendly Fire: 1
Autobalance: 0

I play on CainsLair, and other 24/7 City maps servers when I'm infantry.

I'll play with you on slaughter right now if you want I just have to make a few phone calls first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard