Poll

Would you want a Forklift War tournament?

Yes82%82% - 207
No17%17% - 43
Total: 250
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL THE 21st of APRIL.

Alright, we've had chopper tournaments, sig battles, user battles, and dogfights, but never anything like this.
How many of you want a tournament like this?

We want this to be an EPIC battle, not just some crummy 2 on 2 forklift action. We're talking somewhere around a dozen forklifts on each side, slamming and blasting eachother into oblivion.
We need mod makers, hosts, and a map to play on.

Lets get this thing rolling.

EDIT: People who want in. 32 confirmed (34 have asked) up to date. 32 players max.
TEAMS HAVE BEEN SET. FIRST JOINED HAVE DIBS ON WHICH GUNNER/ DRIVER THEY ARE WITH.

Team 1- Rebels
Gunners
- jord
- Flaming_Maniac
- [GER]_zocken
- LaidBackNinja
- farmerfez
- steelie34
- MagiCandy
- voodoosniper7

Drivers
- ']['error
- Snake
- Onidax
- Bratwurstschnecke
- Private_Adam
- ShadowFoX
- Riddicker
- surgeon_bond

Team 2- Insurgents
Gunners
- Dwit
- David.Podedworny
- Splitterrenate
- Fallschirmjager10
- Dauntless
- EASTWOOD_W$H
- Des.Kmal 
- LT.Victim

Drivers
- SplinterStrike
- Undetected_Killer
- Knightnifer
- aj0404
- BlackKoala
- Fredrik
- Havok
- Praise Allah                   AKA التعريفات

Reserves:
- Seal 3                           AKA CoconutBlitz
- ~c4~cheppi                   AKA ~C4~CHEPPII
- Entertayner
- doctastrangelove1964

I want you guys to be available should someone not be able to make it, so join us on event day.

The participators were chosen in order of demand. Unconfirmeds have been removed.

Gameplay:
Our arenas will be the Carrier deck of Dalian Plant along with the ex-Chinese airfield of FuShe.

We will be having five(5) team rounds, first team to reach 3 wins.
How it works:(On the Carrier) We set both teams at either end of the carrier. Once everyone reports readyness, we will begin a three second countdown. Upon completion...................WE RIDE TO BATTLE!!!

There will also be three(3) FREE FOR ALL matches.
How it works:(On FuShe) Everyone pairs up with someone and we place all Forkers in a giant circle, forks facing outwards. Once everyone is in position, we will begin a 3 second countdown where everyone must drive in a straight line outwards. At the end of the countdown, the battle commences.
The last Forker couple standing wins

Gunner(fork rider): MUST be Anti-Tank. You have access to RPGs, SMGs, pistols and knives. Anything goes.
Driver: Either Support or Medic, your choice.
In between each match, the driver and gunner will switch duties, so that everyone gets a turn at everything.

Special cases: Should your driver or gunner be killed, you are now legitimetally allowed to solo fork.
Tactics: Destroy your opposition by ramming or gunning them down.

***BAILING WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE TKO***

- Map modder:
- Snake

Host: Many thanks to Dauntless for the server.

Name: Celebrity Deathmatch Arena
IP: 195.72.152.42
Port: 16567

Date: No forking today guys. Serverside/playerside issues have delayed the tournament.

Recorder: Battlerecorder confirmed. Players may use FRAPS, their choice. LT. Victim will be our movie man. Many thanks

Communication: Teamspeak. We could just hijack the BF2s one
The IP for the BF2s TS is : 69.12.222.57:8767
No password.

Many thanks to Snake for the map making and Jord for many of the ideas. Would also like to thank all other contributors as well as all of the people for signing up. I hope that this tourney will be enjoyable.

**************DISCLAIMER**************
YOU MUST OWN SF TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS

BF2S FORKLIFT WARS - MAP DOWNLOADS

You can find the map previews and information here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1337461

Note: It is best that you know the basic workings of Windows Explorer!!

Installing Dalian Flightdeck Madness
  • Browse to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\bf2\levels Or where ever your BF2 install is.
  • Copy the Dalian_Plant folder.
  • Browse to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels
  • Paste the Dalian_Plant folder into here.
  • Download this file: BF2s Dalian Flightdeck Madness
DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE. Just place it into the new Dalian_Plant folder created (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels\Dalian_Plant). It will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing file. Say yes.You now have the official bf2s forklift modded version of Dalian Plant!Just open up Battlefield2: Special Forces, start a multiplayer server, choose the 64player map size and try it out ===============================Installing FuShe Airfield Annihilation
  • Browse to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\bf2\levels Or where ever your BF2 install is.
  • Copy the FuShe_Pass folder.
  • Browse to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels
  • Paste the FuShe_Pass folder into here.
  • Download this file: BF2s FuShe Airfield Annihilation

DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE.
Just place it into the new FuShe_Pass folder created (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels\FuShe_Pass). It will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing file. Say yes.

You now have the official bf2s forklift modded version of FuShe_Pass!

Just open up Battlefield2: Special Forces, start a multiplayer server, choose the 64player map size and try it out

===============================

If in doubt, post in this topic. I hold no responsibility if you manage to delete/damage anything related to your installation of Battlefield 2 and its expansions/mods whilst doing this.

The reason for doing all of this is to allow you all to download two 6Mb files, rather than two 60Mb files.
120Mb x 32 potential players = 3.75Gb of downloading!!!!

Also note, that when you load up SF and try to start a new server, it will display the map names as "Dalian Plant" and "FuShe Pass". This is correct. I tried changing them, but encountered a crash. With more time, I would have been able to sort this out. These maps have been quickly put together for our wars, so dont complain!!

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2007-04-14 16:48:02)

SplinterStrike
Roamer
Well this is great. I got people voting but no one posting. Say yes and say why or say no and say why.

Maybe 12 forks of doom on each side is a little much, but 6 on 6 forklift action could work. Thats 24 people.
We could use a stock map (Urban preferrably, Road to Jalalabad methinks.) All we would need is someone to mod the map so that it spawns Forklifts.
We could even get some FRAPS and Battlerecorder footage going, along with spectators doing a bit of camera work.

I want more peoples opinions on this! In written form!
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
haha just like the blackhawk challenge, that was fun!

count me in for the forklift challenge, but how are we suposed to kill eachother? just by ramming??
or c4-jihad-forklifts?
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6256|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I will totally join.

But I have to re-install BF2: SF..

To me, it's just a waste of a GB.
~c4~cheppi
+29|6328|Forest Green

']['error wrote:

count me in for the forklift challenge, but how are we suposed to kill eachother? just by ramming??
or c4-jihad-forklifts?
Two people can go on a forklift, one sits on the forks.

Suppose that one would go Anti Tank
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen
Leviathan has two forklifts but it takes 5 minutes to get them together, so you need a custom map (or change the vehicle drop). Night Flight has only one I guess?!

Off topic: Surge has at least 3 civilian cars and you get RPG as rebels... Could be even more fun.
SplinterStrike
Roamer

~c4~cheppi wrote:

']['error wrote:

or c4-jihad-forklifts?
Two people can go on a forklift, one sits on the forks.

Suppose that one would go Anti Tank
I suppose the majority of the guys on the forks would be AT, but it depends if you  can hit the enemy.
An engineer could be quite useful if you manage the mine placement, seeing as the driver cant see worth shit in front of him Would give "Riding shotgun" a whole new meaning
Even Spec Ops could work. Time it right and BOOM! no more Forklift. Hell, even claymores XD
Forklifts are also slow enough that you could gun down the enemy as well.
You would have a Medic/Support driver methinks.

Any modders out there willing to do this? Or anyone who knows a modder? It would be awesome to make this work out.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

This would be awesome!!!

It would be dead easy to convert a map to have forklifts actually.
Just edit the gameplayobjects.con file from spawning say, an M1A2 to a forklift.

You'd really need to have a big, open, flag map. So Im thinking either Road Rage, Mashtuur or the deck on one of the carriers.
I could convert a map. Just say what one. Could be put together in the space of 30mins.

Last edited by Snake (2007-04-11 09:38:11)

Onidax
+41|6463
Sounds awesome fun..  Cant wait
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

Think it should be a knifefight between the two riders and then switch driver and fighter between the rounds - if a tie then 1 more round with optional driver/knifefighter .......
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
can u put forks on the vanilla maps?  if you can't, then i would go with the night flight runway as a good open space.  there are tons of ATVs on that map so you could replace them all with forks.  count me in!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Yup,i've got to send my SF off by Saturday so this would be a good last SF experiance.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

Sign me up!
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

Snake wrote:

This would be awesome!!!

It would be dead easy to convert a map to have forklifts actually.
Just edit the gameplayobjects.con file from spawning say, an M1A2 to a forklift.

You'd really need to have a big, open, flag map. So Im thinking either Road Rage, Mashtuur or the deck on one of the carriers.
I could convert a map. Just say what one. Could be put together in the space of 30mins.
I love you.
If you can change a map like that, you get all my karma.
jord

Knightnifer wrote:

Sign me up!
Same for me.

I tell you what would be fun,if someone could incorporate the boost system off battle racer mod for forklifts.
Dwit
+34|6480
Voted Yes, count me in, why?

um... well..... ITS A GODDAMN FORKLIFT! great fun
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
Hell yeah! I love the forklift! On AL Basrah i love running insurgents they are like wtf?
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6646|respawn screen

Snake wrote:

... or the deck on one of the carriers.
Drop them onto Iron Gator or change all ATVs/AIL Raiders/Pickups on Warlord to Forklifts... Enough of them, I'm in then...
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
How about we make our custom map? I have an idea for a destruction derby like arena with seats for spectators and an announcer booth.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
i WAS JUST MESSING AROUND WITH THE FORKLIFT JUST NOW. iT WAS FUN.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I LOVE CAPS LOCK.
jord

Undetected_Killer wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I LOVE CAPS LOCK.
I DO,ITS LIKE IMA SHOUTING EVERYTHING.

So,anyone made a map yet?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Apologies for the poor graphics, but this is Dalian converted:

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen012.png

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen013.png

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen014.png

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen015.png

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen016.png

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen017.png

Enough room for circling etc, so it works fine. Whether we need more/less of them...
jord
Nice one Snake,i like the vehicle drops.
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6463|Oklahoma City
Sounds fun.

Maybe you should mod the AT so they all have RPG's too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard