CouchPotato
+9|6228
Well I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the game. I am starting a little late, and was wondering if you had any tips for me? Thanks.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6692|Calgary
What are you asking for specifically?
CouchPotato
+9|6228
Just any tips and tricks to get caught up in the game as fast as possible.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Sorry, I don't want to write another intro essay.

cowami wrote:

Oy vey.

First, welcome to BF2s. I am cowami, you'll find me lurking around, putting in my "helpful" comments here and there.

Now, on to the good stuff.

The rankings have changed, use the BF2s UBAR to find the new point levels.
Click here: http://ubar.bf2s.com/

If realism bothers you that much, download Project Reality. Remember, the game of BF2 was made to entertain, not be (uber) realistic. The M95 (your .50 cal sniper rifle) had to be balanced. If it was as dead-on as the M24, people would be using that (and only that) in the game. Ejecting people from planes is fun, but there's supposed to be a fighting chance involved. Besides, the only thing really is bullet drop, which is greater for the M95 (logical since the .50 cal is bigger and heavier than a 7.62, or whatever ammo the M24 uses). Some users know how to counter it, and as such, they can use the M95 as effectively as the M24 or L96.

Also, that stuff about going against a technical? NEVER EVER go full auto. Fire in controlled bursts (in this case, I'd recommend going on single shot and aiming for the head). Also, use your grenades. Technicals are open air vehicles. If you're lucky, 2-3 grenades should finish him. And also, move around with a squad, this way you have a fighting chance. Besides, no one likes a lone wolf.

And I'll dig up that link for the centering on weapons sights. What I do remember is that with the SVD (the Dragunov), out the person's head a little to the right of what appears to be the center of the crosshair.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome to BF2s.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
weasel_thingo
+74|6327
infantry only city maps(karkand, jalalabad, sharqi, mash) is fun even though most people will flame you for it.
CouchPotato
+9|6228
The funny thing is.  I just read that post haha.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6464|A W S M F O X
Make sure to visit as many knife pistol servers as possible and always Tk for vehicles, even if noone is going for them.

You rank up faster this way.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6692|Calgary
hmmm if your new, try getting into armour. That way you can live a little longer otherwise you'll get owned quickly. Also never fly until you practise offline.
CouchPotato
+9|6228

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Make sure to visit as many knife pistol servers as possible and always Tk for vehicles, even if noone is going for them.

What an ass. Go spam somewhere else.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Oh, and in addition to my previous post, remember this song when you have the urge to stat pad.

cowami wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Could always use the jeep in the water trick.  OMG! PADDER!
Heh. That would make a great song, "Jeep in the Water". It'd be like "Smoke on the Water".

Jeeeep, in the water
With a n00b in the back...
Jeeeep in the water!

Greatest chorus ever.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
BunnyHop...
GrenadeSpam...
BaseRape...
SpawnRape...
TeamKill...
StatPadd...
StabRevive...
Punish...
KickVote...
JihadJeep...
TankWhore...
PlaneWhore...
ClayWhore...
DolphinDive...
ChatterSpam...

And last but not least...   Command from the plane...

Learn these and you'll do fine...
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6722|oregon
Get points first, have fun later =P....you will always have more fun if you have more unlocks.
support and medic are the keys to hell of a lot of points.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

soldevilla13 wrote:

Get points first, have fun later =P....you will always have more fun if you have more unlocks.
Psh, don't listen to this fool, just charge in with your defibrillator ablazin'. Believe me, I'd know.

/sarcasm-->He's actually right. But points aren't everything.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

Learn to fly (or at least the basics so you don't crash anymore) of the chopper and the jet on singleplayer or an empty server.

Medic gets you the most points, especially on karkand Infantry only. Don't forget though that this was supposed to be a game with vehicles.

Look at ubar to see what requirements you need for some badges. It's always fun getting them.

There are a lot of video's around, you might watch some of them.

Most of all: have fun and play as a team. Shoot the enemy (those with the red tags), don't kill those with a blue tag. Capturing flags is pretty important to win this game and the spec ops can blow up the artillery.

EDIT: and I warn you, not many play as a team though, but if you find a few guys who do, join them, it's more fun.

Last edited by De_Jappe (2007-04-10 03:07:52)

stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6480|Sheffield-England

CouchPotato wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

What an ass. Go spam somewhere else.
Well said.... your first karma
daemonicust
+4|6243|Manukau
Having being where you are right now not so long ago, i have found that the the majority of these forums to be most helpful indeed.

I started off looking at the fastest way to get all the shinny badges and the cool awards, only to find the game becoming frustrating and me not achieving much.

Playing with a good squad was the best advise i got, along with paying attention to what your squad leader has to say by way of what kit to spawn as and where to go next. Looking at how curtain squads did in the previous game by way of score, kills ect is the easiest way go about this. Getting in to a squad of clan members, if they let you, will show you what a small organised group can achieve. I followed them around to learn maps, quickest routes to flags, good places to hide, good places to attack from, attack and defensive strategies. I tried not to slow them down, so i apologize to any if i did, they soon let you know either way.

Getting a mic and head set doubled my gaming experience, actually talking to someone and having them explain what and why they were doing it.

As many people may have explained and i have found, if your playing on a server with a bunch of NOOBS change servers, there are heaps of good kiwi and aussie ones !!!. It's about fun at the end of the day for me, not awards and shinny badges. I'd rather help my team win a round than get a badge, although i will admit to having a few what i call numpty badges.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
beware of team killing you'll see it a lot dont let it ruin your game experience
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

soldevilla13 wrote:

I agree.

Always, always, always join a squad.  If your squad leader isn't leading quit & join another one. Find a leader that likes to go around capping flags, another great way to earn teamwork points.

When Medic or support follow your squad but hang back a little.  Watch how they move.  Learn to check every alley before you go darting down the street.  Move sideways (strafe) when rounding corners.  Take your time.

Watch the UAV, those red dots?  They want to send you on a 15 second vacation, don't let them do it.  Watch which direction they are facing, if you can out flank them and come from behind.

Did I mention join a squad?

As soldevilla13 said, get points now have fun later.  I'm 84% through my Gunnery Sgt rank and now I'm starting to have fun trying to knife people etc and not worry so much about the points because they come due to my playstyle.  I may not pwn every noobie in the round but I have gotten as many as 20 flag caps in 1 round.  For me - THAT'S FUN !!!!!!!!

EDIT:  Forgot to mention a headset.  Get a High Quality USB headset. (USB will save you from problems).  Then download TEAMSPEAK.  Communication is Huge in this game.  My skills have improved considerably since I got TS & fell in with a good group of players.  If you tell people you're new and you don't act like a jackass you'll be surprised how many people are willing to help you.  When I got TS a few people already recognized me as a Team player and they welcomed me with open arms.

Last edited by T.Pike (2007-04-10 04:14:10)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
well, get in a tank and kill people! and don't make TKs!
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
You might be inclined to go for the assault kit when you first start playing.  Don't.  You can do everything and more with the medic kit.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
paulhenney
+0|6454
The most important thing is to get a mic or headset as the best way to play and enjoy the game is to be part of a decent squad that actually behave like a squad. And the best way to be invoved within the squad is to use the ingame voice or by getting on teamspeak/ventrillo with the members of your squad.

The best tip for actually playin the game is to practice. When you start it will be difficult and there will be times that it seems as soon as you spawn you get hit by artillery or bombed by a jet. But after a couple of hours playin you will start to recognise the maps and become a better player. I wouldn't worry about getting your badges or medals for the first week or so just enjoy the game, get used to the different kits and how they can benefit your sqaud. The points will soon start racking up and the promotions and badges will start to follow. After you have a bit of experience then you can start thinkin how to get the different badges.

If you are lookin for some people to help you start playin and join on Teamspeak check out www.alliance-gaming.co.uk there is normally a few people playin each night and they are more than willing to drag a novice player around and show them the ropes.
CouchPotato
+9|6228
Thanks for the  replies from most of you. Others.. well I was expecting it somewhere. I will let you all know when I get the game, i'm ordering my new laptop on Thursday, so it should be here around next week (unless they have one made already).

Keep the posts coming!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|NÃ¥rvei

1. Play a kit at a time, get to know that kit well before you move on to the next kit as a basic rule.

2. Find a good server and try to stick with that server as much as possible, get to know the guys on that server and use TS or other if available, the BF2S.COM is a very good server to do this.

3. Join a squad and learn how to play as a team the sooner the better.

4. Learn to master the different vehicles as you go along.

5. Good luck
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jem250
+4|6235|Bath, UK
I'd agree with general statements on joining squads - though most of the best squads I've been in have been unclanned random collections. A Texan called Zooy0 taught me an awful lot about Wake.

Stay slow, stay careful.

And Z is your favourite button - you see someone, you hit the deck then you shoot.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6303|The | Netherlands

KILLSWITCH wrote:

You might be inclined to go for the assault kit when you first start playing.  Don't.  You can do everything and more with the medic kit.
No n00btube, as being a n00b it fits perfectly!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard