Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362
Give your Examples of LeftWing Main Stream Media Bias in The U.S.A.

Have at it. Only left wing Bias. No counter arguments please, there is another post for right wing bias.
keep it clean and try and site specific cases Try and document if you can first-hand evidence in the case of current events.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-04-09 18:04:11)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
Just go watch any channel other than FOX.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

I'll post this in your other topic too - What exactly is Left Wing Bias?

Corporations make money.  At least thats what they try to do.  A "mainstream news" channel can accurately be described as a channel of information compiled and presented in a way that makes you want to watch the channel, and by default, the commercials.

"Mainstream news" outlets are trying to make money, no more, no less.  There is no hidden agenda behind CBS, CNN, FOX, ABC, etc.  They want to increase the bottom line.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-09 14:06:41)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I'll post this in your other topic too - What exactly is Left Wing Bias?

Corporations make money.  At least thats what they try to do.  A "mainstream news" channel can accurately be described as a channel of information compiled and presented in a way that makes you want to watch the channel, and by default, the commercials.

"Mainstream news" outlets are trying to make money, no more, no less.  There is no hidden agenda behind CBS, CNN, FOX, ABC, etc.  They want to increase the bottom line.
I wonder if the Right wingers can read ?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There is no hidden agenda  . . .  They want to increase the bottom line.
You're right, it's not hidden.  Most news stations are making their leaning quite obvious now days.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

I couldn't help but think of Condi when I saw this topic..lol

Do you guys remember this?

DEMONIZING CONDI

https://i18.tinypic.com/34flkc6.jpg

https://i13.tinypic.com/44uyjh4.jpg

Editor's note: The photo of Condoleezza Rice that originally accompanied this story was altered in a manner that did not meet USA TODAY's editorial standards. The photo has been replaced by a properly adjusted copy. Photos published online are routinely cropped for size and adjusted for brightness and sharpness to optimize their appearance. In this case, after sharpening the photo for clarity, the editor brightened a portion of Rice's face, giving her eyes an unnatural appearance. This resulted in a distortion of the original not in keeping with our editorial standards.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington … ress_x.htm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6641|USA

Miller wrote:

QFT
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

https://i13.tinypic.com/44vmu5h.jpg

https://i16.tinypic.com/42jyr92.jpg

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-09 15:44:30)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6775

Miller wrote:

Try CNN. They have a 1 hour program called "this week at war" Its basically pro-war, anti iran opinion
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Time alluding to the idea that Reagan possessed everything right about the "Right" is an example of Left-Wing Bias?

http://www.fair.org/index.php

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-09 15:51:17)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Time alluding to the idea that Reagan possessed everything right about the "Right" is an example of Left-Wing Bias?

Saying the right is wrong.. der

Time couldn't be biased now could they?
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … 43,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641 … 15,00.html

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-09 15:56:38)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6679|UK

Kmarion wrote:

I couldn't help but think of Condi when I saw this topic..lol

Do you guys remember this?

DEMONIZING CONDI

http://i18.tinypic.com/34flkc6.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/44uyjh4.jpg

Editor's note: The photo of Condoleezza Rice that originally accompanied this story was altered in a manner that did not meet USA TODAY's editorial standards. The photo has been replaced by a properly adjusted copy. Photos published online are routinely cropped for size and adjusted for brightness and sharpness to optimize their appearance. In this case, after sharpening the photo for clarity, the editor brightened a portion of Rice's face, giving her eyes an unnatural appearance. This resulted in a distortion of the original not in keeping with our editorial standards.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington … ress_x.htm
Not far from the truth about that fucking cuntbag.

Last edited by m3thod (2007-04-09 15:55:14)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Kmarion wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Saying the right is wrong.. Der
Saying the Right is spinning out of control and needing to regain Reagan's legacy.  That would not be an example of "left wing" bias.  It seems to me more of an argument of "wight wing" bias; Promoting Reagan's legacy as a way of the right.  Or, to be more critical, to promote the legacy of a president who: made backroom deals with terrorists; provided monies and arms to terrorists;  supported more than one uprising against a democratically elected leader; increased national debt beyond belief; and decided what days to meet Heads of State based on an astrologers predictions.

Yes, totally an example of left wing bias.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-09 15:57:26)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Kmarion wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The Bush Administration is rife with conflict, corruption, backroom deals, etc.  A valid target, as was Clinton by every major media outlet during "Monicagate".  Attacking the Administration/People in power happens by major media outlets everywhere, regardless of political party.

An article about the Christian Coalition and how they are creating networks of voters - how is that left wing bias?

The fact is, Christian groups like that are becoming incredibly powerful through the networks they build, and born-again/evangelical Christians tend to vote Republican.  That is not an example of bias.  In fact, why even give them media attention.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The Bush Administration is rife with conflict, corruption, backroom deals, etc.  A valid target, as was Clinton by every major media outlet during "Monicagate".  Attacking the Administration/People in power happens by major media outlets everywhere, regardless of political party.

An article about the Christian Coalition and how they are creating networks of voters - how is that left wing bias?

The fact is, Christian groups like that are becoming incredibly powerful through the networks they build, and born-again/evangelical Christians tend to vote Republican.  That is not an example of bias.  In fact, why even give them media attention.
It is the subtly "Crusade to take over?,An Administration's Epic Collapse? Don't worry I plan on participating in the other thread also. Read the OP, you are defending them targeting Bush because Clinton was targeted. I am aware that the president is often attacked no matter who the party is. It is still examples of being bias.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-09 16:35:35)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

I just have a very strong opinion on whether or not media is biased.

It is all biased.  It is biased  towards making money.

I am at wits end as far as people (not singling you out there buddy) relentlessly complaining that the "mainstream news" media is left biased.  These companies are run by corporations.  Corporations run by rich white men who overwhelmingly vote one way.

"Mainstream" media scratches the surface as far as politics.  Yet another guard for our system of rule (oligarchy) to maintain.  As long as there are little ripples but no major wave, as long as the two main parties are attacking each other over mindless bullshit, the system maintains.

I don't really follow mainstream news channels anymore.  Anytime I flip by a "news" channel and stop for more than two seconds, it is some talking head spouting rhetorical bullshit.  Nothing more.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I just have a very strong opinion on whether or not media is biased.

It is all biased.  It is biased  towards making money.
I couldn't agree more. They have their agenda's to play to their audiences and keep their viewers. That is why you see the biased stuff. They are giving a specific group of people what they want to hear.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-09 16:31:00)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362
just some of my observations

Reagans New Tax plan is refereed to with laughter as " Reaganomics " on all the Networks, when its effects start to kick in with fantastic results, its only refferd to as " the recovery "

In 1992 when G.H. Bush ( a bonafied War Hero, Veteran, The Youngest Navy Aviator ) Faced a

Draft dodger bill clinton who had even written his elected officials a letter stating that "he loathed the military"
The media tells the electorate " People don't care about that and don't want to know about the candidates past "
and "Character doesn't matter "

In 1996 when  a bonafied War Hero Bob Dole ( a disabled American veteran, Wounded in action )
Faced a Draft dodger bill clinton who had even written his elected officials a letter stating that "he loathed the military"
The media tells the electorate "People don't care about that and don't want to know about the candidates past " ( I did) and "Character doesn't matter "

In 2000 when a Vietnam era vet who never saw combat Faced a Vietnam era vet who saw combat limited combat   

This was suddenly of the most importance. John kerry's Combat experience!

We never saw John kerry on the Dick Cavet Show calling his "Band of Brothers " War Criminals, Why ?.

in 1992  Ross Perot bleeds conservative votes from G H Bush allowing bill clinton to get in without a majority vote. A rarity. Its hailed as a landslide, it wasn't.

It was never mentioned his candidacy would have this effect on the air. Nor is the candidate for the Liberal party Ron Brown ever mentioned because he would cost clinton liberal votes if his candidacy is validated by the media.

and 1996 Ross Perot bleeds conservative votes from Bob Dole . It is never mentioned The phrase republicans are mean spirited is coin and repeated 3678 times on news programs in one week alone ( lockstep ? )

In 2000 and 2004 when Ralph Nader runs ( all the major networks ) carefully walk the electorate through the fact that " any vote for Nader is a vote for bush "

In 1994 election when Republicans sweep the house and senate in the first time in 40 plus years,

Newsman are stoic professionals the 1994 republican sweep of the house and senate No cheering. The day after they conclude the and state "American electorate is schizophrenic and does not know what they want."

in 1992 and 96 they cheer as states come in for clinton
No cheers for Bush either. in 2000 or 04

Before the 2006 election The media kept a steady count of American Casualties with emphasis on " casualties after G.W.Bush's mission accomplished speech on the Aircraft Carrier "  In reality the cessation of major hostilities.
Ps the Aircraft Carrier left I guess its mission was accomplished.

The 2000 and 2004 vote were closely scrutinized and hints of scandal were taken very seriously. After the democrats eeked out a majority in some very close elections that the media saw no need to question The count.
The count is "no longer news really "

In the 2006 elections in the last 6 days of campaigning Many networks advertise they will be showing important new war footage. Its the old " Juba The sniper Video " that was on the Internet for almost a year but they showed it Right before the election Repeatedly. After the election they didn't show casualties at all. Oddly enough I never here of even one terrorist dying, they have non casualties at all? we never hear about our heros..why?

Was not democrat Barney Frank caught in an identical Paige scandal That republican Mark Foley was?   

Barney Frank Molests his pages that's okay, Foley is run out of office for same offense.
After pushing Gays for so long democrats run them off when they come out? Without protest from the left?

Katie Curic  interviews a hero lady cop in a hospital bed after is wounded in a gunfight with 3 would be bank robbers Who she smartly dispatched with fine pistol work.

Katie, Gushing : !" well you must be happy that the Brady bill passed "
hero lady cop : " No that just impedes honest people by making it harder to protect themselves, it wont impede criminals who don't follow laws and never get their guns legally anyway "

Interview instantly ends, cut to bryant gumball who was not expecting to be put on the air so soon and was obviously unprepared, he just stared slack jawed. She got no further mention, she betrayed them.

after several weeks on end of European tourist being assaulted and robbed at Florida airports ( on their way to Disney World) NBC news sent down a reporter.

Katie Curic asks : "why are they targeting only tourist now ?"
Local DA answers : " well in a fit of frustration in its inability to fight crime, Florida just greatly relaxed its concealed
carry gun laws making it much easier for honest citizens to protect themselves, Our  crime rate really dropped of and these dirt bags know the only people they can approach safely are people who just passed through a metal detector, "laughs" "

interview abruptly ends

The success of  Florida's greatly relaxed concealed carry gun laws making it much easier for honest citizens to
protect themselves and instantly and drastically reducing crime? Well, that's just not news is it.

Phil Donahue asks a women how she saved herself from a disgruntle employee on a killing spree.

She answers "My friend said " get the gun in your purse "he heard that and spun and bolted down the hall, I always carry a gun, once A guy tried to rape me." A roaring Cheer goes up from the audience.

Phil (very angry) yells "that's another show " repeatedly till cries `die down. Obviously not what he was looking to promote. not the agenda.

Hollywood,. knowing the masses often like to coach their heroes at the movies rewrites the history of

"The Fort William Henry Massacre "

No longer did French let Indians butcher babies with tomahawks inside the fort after the French asked the militia to turn in their arms which they foolishly did.

In Hollywood, it was a fair fight in open ground were the British just didn't think to fix bayonets, after all, the Indians were yelling loudly and making scary noises !.

Actor Skeet Urlrich is told no more NRA adds or No more work. more to follow.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-04-10 04:22:59)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Great use of sources and first-hand evidence just like you said you wanted.

DER....

For some reason, I don't think you composed that list...

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-09 17:47:23)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
We get it, Hunter.  You win....  If you'll excuse me now, I've got to catch Hannity & Colmes.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DER....

first-hand evidence in the case of current events, you could't follow directions at all. post was deraild by you. I gave up actually so I just hammerd out of few. the only one I had to look up was the Piage Foley/Frank story. there was one more Democratic congressman who molested his gay piages Lucass Lugan or something..couldn't find it. why dont you think its my writing ?
wtf is der ?

do you have an issue with any one story?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-04-09 18:03:21)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DER....

first-hand evidence in the case of current events, you could't follow directions at all. post was deraild by you. I gave up actually so I just hammerd out of few. the only one I had to look up was the Piage Foley/Frank story. there was one more Democratic congressman who molested his gay piages Lucass Lugan or something..couldn't find it. why dont you think its my writing ?
wtf is der ?

do you have an issue with any one story?
I have an issue with most of them.  You are using emotional, opinionated statements about the way you feel in relation to the "mainstream media" interspersed with facts.  One example -

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

In 1992 when G.H. Bush ( a bonafied War Hero, Veteran, The Youngest Navy Aviator ) Faced a

Draft dodger bill clinton who had even written his elected officials a letter stating that "he loathed the military"
The media tells the electorate " People don't care about that and don't want to know about the candidates past "
and "Character doesn't matter "
"Bona Fide War Hero"  Disputable, depending on your definition of war hero - the guy shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Chesty Puller

"Draft Dodger" - Buzzword.  It is true that Clinton did not serve.  Your including it in your statement is not needed.  You throw it in for emotion.

"He wrote his elected officials stating that "he loathed the military""  Bullshit.  A made up quote.

"The media tells the electorate" Emotional opinion.

That is one statement you wrote that I have a problem with.  I'm not taking the time to dissect your other arguments.

I don't particularly like Bill Clinton, and I absolutely loathe his wife.  But seriously, stop bringing your petty shit arguments and start providing facts like a big boy.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-09 18:24:50)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362
I am emotional becuase I care deeply for my country and put its welfare first.
Some more emotional out burst, after 12 years of inflation and recession Ronald Reagan gets our economy and country on track and lays low the Soviet Union a now well documented evil empire.

His tenure is refferd to as " the decade of greed " wtf ?

In a visit to the 911 fund raiser rally ( Elton John & Billy Joel ) the clinton's were soundly booed on stage. When the concert was later televised the booing was edited out, very Stalin'esce. !

During a visit to the Vietnam memorial on Veterans Day when clinton step'd up to a microphone a very loud "about face " rang out, he made his speech to a solid wall of backs.

It never made the news like Reagan " we begin bombing " joke did or Ford hitting a golf ball poorly.
Puller York Murphy Kelly were all CMH winners a very elite class of hero Bush droped out of collage to become the Navy's youngest aviator saw lots of combat shot out of a burning plane rescued by a Submarine, Dole ? please.

"Big boy" lol ok  couldn't keep it clean either huh ? why are you making this personal ?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-04-10 04:32:58)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362
During the 1992 campaign the
Media All media touted " the plight of the homeless " the Homeless was the lead story every night leading up to the election. When clinton won the election the Homeless issues instantly died before he even took office.

Who saw the US Army Ranger who son followed in his foot steps and fought and died bravely in Mogadishu Somalia Stare bill clinton down face to face and tell him you don't " feel my pain ! You have know idea of the pain I feel."" ( His body guards seemed to be smirking, enjoying the event )

But we all know who Cindy Sheehan is don't we, Can you tell me her son's name he died serving his country?

When clinton came to the hospital to see the troops who were wounded ( a class act in my opinion ) they were instructed not to get in his face.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard