steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon

peacock3 wrote:

I'll take the Tiger over the Hind anyday
blasphemy!

i agree with the snake that the tiger is semi-close to the apache, but it still flies alot like the z10, which i really don't like at all.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6529|Hungary
I had a wonderful day on Smoke when i had 8 suicides with the Tiger HAP. And yeah im pissed again so i posted.
As we know there wont be any further patches to bf2/ef/sf/af but there SHOULD be as there are several problems what need to be fixed !
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

Use a joystick.

Im serious. I calibrated mine, set up all the controls (Map, VOIP, camera angles) and got used to it. I went 40-5 on Ghost Town in the Apache. (I know its not hard, but compared to how I USED to do with the keyboard and mouse, 2x better!)
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
isurus
+0|5765
The tiger HAP is very easy to tip over when taking off. I normally turn left and roll left when taking off in order to speed up the process and have NO problems with the AH-1Z, Z-10, Mi-28, AH-64D or Hind-35. The HAP will tip and reminds me of the Notar Littlebird in AIX.

As for the handling, it feels more responsive than the Mi-28, but less than the AH-1Z or Z-10. The HAP is a bit squirly- most noticable when seat switching.
User007Gamer
???
+21|5953|Dubai, UAE

venom6 wrote:

Okey if you are the one that plays EF a lot and you can fly this Helo then your the man !
I dont know but this chopper need to be fixed as its a horror to fly it.

- Its controlling is too sensitive you can overcast so easy even when you are going to take off and you start turning around. Its just crazy...

- The armor is also bad because if you just hit the helo pad for repairing from 75% to 100% you will loose like 25% by hitting the ground. Also you crash easy  by its too good flyability.

- For me the splash damage seems to be not enough

- The TV missle is flying a way too fast and its hard to control

Now lets see some positive thoughts !

+ It would be a nice chopper because its a fast chopper and it can turn, spin in the air pretty quick.

Maybe its just me but I end a round with 4/8 and 5 are suicides caused by this chopper.
Anyone else positive or negative experiance with this helo ?
I'll give you a flying tip that real chopper pilots use. When you take off make very, very small stick (or mouse) movements. If you use KB dont make any movements (unless the chopper is tipping backwards slightly as with the Mi-28. In this case, wait for the rotors to pick up speed, then tip the nose forward slightly to level the nose [crosshair] with the attitude indicator [the long, broken bar you see across the chopper HUD]). Gently lift off and don't pitch forward until you are at least 50 ft above the ground (take note of your altitude when you ae sitting on the ground and add 50 to it as your cutoff point). Learning to fly the HAP can take some time so practice on LAN servers.

When you're coming in to land, start descending slowly when you're about 65m (make an estimate using your flag or place a marker on the helipad if you are a squad leader) away. To fly the chopper in BF2 as effectively as possible you need to learn to use all the instruments on your HUD. The one on the far right of your HUD is called a vertical speed indicator. It measures you're rate of descent or climb you will notice that a bar moves up the scale when you climb and down when you descend. Use it to check whether you are descending or climbing. The scale on your left shows the amount of torque your rotor has to climb. This doesn't help in general and is just an indicator for how much throttle you have applied to the rotors. Back to the landing tip. During your descent you should make sure that the moving bar on your vertical speed indicator is about three notches below 0. This should give you a nice gentle descent which is easy to work with. Once you're about 20 metres start to pull the stick back to slow you down for the landing. Adjust how much your nose is pitched up in the air to make sure you stop at a hover over the helipad. Once you're over the pad, bring the nose back to level. Then start a slow descent (two to three notches below 0). Again make sure you remember the helipad altitude from when you took off so you can slow your descent right down for a gentle landing. All this detail may make it sound like a slow process but it's faster than you think. However, you should only use this method when there are no airbourne threats in your area as you would present yourself as a perfect target to the enemy.

The second landing method you can use is for emergency landings when you are heavily damaged or desperately need ammo. When you are nearing the helipad (about 50m) make a sharp descent down to about 15 ft above the ground. Maintain this height until you are 10 m away from the pad. Then, slowly descend and just land the chopper onto the pad like you would do in a plane.

If you follow my advice it should eliminate your takeoff and landing issues in the HAP.

Last edited by User007Gamer (2008-08-07 00:52:56)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
First of all I think they patched away the majority of takeoff problems with the HAP, and secondly I don't think this guy cares anymore as he posted it 16 months ago.

Nice post I suppose though.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
good idea to make a new post

closed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard